Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Tweaking my Armor : II (a little image heavy) Update on pg. NOW 36 ! !

• 529 Replies

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Hey there, hi there, ho there.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
Re: Tweaking my Armor : II (a little image heavy)
« Reply #50 on: Feb 16, 2012, 12:51 PM »
If it has to be white or cream.. i say go for cream with light weathering or White with heavy weathering ;)
have to be careful you don't end up with "Yellow snow" colour  :laugh:

VABS : M.A. #006  24er :  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

Zedrin Ho'dag

• Nothing's impossible; impossible just takes longer
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Celebration Chicago Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #51 on: Feb 16, 2012, 12:54 PM »
I would second the gray option.  There are so may shades to choose from and it will add a nice bit of contrast no matter what shade you choose

MMCC-0537 | M.A.J.I.C-047 | M.A-025 | M.A.D-004 | B.E.A.R.D.S.-028 | V.A.B.S.-004 | V.R.C.A.-069 | S.O.S.-013 | O.S.B.A.-000

ConDar Ward

• Al'jurir be Ori'ramikad
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #52 on: Feb 16, 2012, 01:55 PM »
Try grey, It's not too dark, and keeps that monotone scheme going ;) .
I would second the gray option.  There are so may shades to choose from and it will add a nice bit of contrast no matter what shade you choose
Ahhhhh .... Gray ? ! ? !   ....... :rolleyes:   

Not a Color I gave as an option .......   , but you know , it could work well .
Thanks  Remo & Narseryc...... Now I gotta go buy a yard & a 1/2 of Grey just to see how it looks ......  :laugh:

If it has to be white or cream.. i say go for cream with light weathering or White with heavy weathering ;)
have to be careful you don't end up with "Yellow snow" colour  :laugh:

This is Totally Why I asked ...... They (Snow Troopers) look white from a Distance or if you just see them Rushing
by on the Screen . They're not in a Very long Sequence at all so it's hard to tell , but they're a mix of colors .
(I've spent hours watching the First 20 mins of ESB over and over  + Tons of Stills ..... )

I gotta get this right before I sew any more Softs ...........  ???

At this point it's a " Believable & Canon look "   V.S.  " My Custom SnoMando "

MMCC-#0059 /M.A.- 001 /M.A.D.- 067 /ALUMINATI -013
 Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum - Remo Jadd - 0267

Remo Jadd

• Vok'Chi Warmaster
  • Awards 267th Rapid Assault Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #53 on: Feb 17, 2012, 07:42 AM »
Why don't you just dye one of your white quilted fabrics, saves on cash ;) .

ConDar Ward

• Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #54 on: Feb 17, 2012, 08:13 AM »
Why don't you just dye one of your white quilted fabrics, saves on cash ;) .

Your like my long lost Brother Remo , hahahah .

I still have a new bottle of Rit ... in Grey  ........ I just don't want to Dye the Fabric
until the Edges are at least pre-stitched (since it's Quilted) Then I'd like to wash it .( Pre-shrink it as well )

Remo Jadd

• Vok'Chi Warmaster
  • Awards 267th Rapid Assault Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #55 on: Feb 17, 2012, 09:41 AM »
I have a few long lost brothers on here  ;D  ;)

ConDar Ward

« Reply #56 on: Feb 17, 2012, 10:01 AM »
I have a few long lost brothers on here  ;D  ;)

I believe you Vod ...... I believe that for sure ....

Thanks again for the input Remo ...... I hope my kit reaches the level of yours ..... someday  :rolleyes:
All I can Do is keep at it ......

Kel Toi

• The Kilted Mando!
« Reply #57 on: Feb 17, 2012, 10:15 AM »
Were all brother's here ner'vod ;)

ConDar Ward

« Reply #58 on: Feb 17, 2012, 10:21 AM »
Were all brother's here ner'vod ;)

Very True Kel  ..... No matter the Boundaries ......  ;)

seugtai

• 'ZOOG-tay'
  • nom nom...cookie
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Celebration Chicago Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #59 on: Feb 17, 2012, 10:36 AM »
Can I still throw a vote in? :P

I agree on it looking "too" white. So I'm with Niabi on going with the cream but, I also do like Remo's idea of using a grey too. I actually drew up a snow mando for my sister when I was trying to talk her into doing one for C6. I could PM you my picture to help give some ideas in that direction if you want since its color scheme was cream and grey?

ConDar Ward

« Reply #60 on: Feb 17, 2012, 11:08 AM »
Can I still throw a vote in? :P

I agree on it looking "too" white. So I'm with Niabi on going with the cream but, I also do like Remo's idea of using a grey too. I actually drew up a snow mando for my sister when I was trying to talk her into doing one for C6. I could PM you my picture to help give some ideas in that direction if you want since its color scheme was cream and grey?

Yes you surely can  ........  I was just leaving for the Fabric Store when I happen to check in again ....

That would be great Seugtai ...... I'm honored ,  Feel free to PM me anything you have .... Thanks .

All options are Still on the Work bench ... ;D

Remo Jadd

• Vok'Chi Warmaster
« Reply #61 on: Feb 17, 2012, 11:51 AM »
I believe you Vod ...... I believe that for sure ....

Thanks again for the input Remo ...... I hope my kit reaches the level of yours ..... someday  :rolleyes:
All I can Do is keep at it ......

Thanks for the compliment My Brother ;D , But you have a great kit already and with your tweaks it's looking better all the time. Keep at it and you'll surpass me in no time  :D  ;) .

ConDar Ward

« Reply #62 on: Feb 20, 2012, 07:21 PM »
I Finally have something to post about ......  ;D

After 2 days of staring at my kit (In several clothed stages) (Who I'm I kidding , I stare at it everyday)
Watching ESB again / and again , an pausing on the Uniforms with the Color combinations I liked , then quickly sketching them .
Pouring over Dozens of LFL stills and Concept Drawings of Hoth troopers (Both Sides of the Battle  :rolleyes:)

I finally think I've got a plan I like ......  8)  We'll see how it Turns out .

Custom Polar Trench Coat : ( Reversible  ;) )

It will have the Waffle Weave on one side and the Correct Canon Fabric on the other .(pilling polar fleece)
It will have the Same basic cutout as the Commander Trench But a little Wider (Purely for my own stylistic point of View )
 Also Mine will have a Fur Trim along the Bottom edge & up the Front . ( A Polar Military look more than Barbarian )

By condarward at 2012-02-09

The Flack Vest will be made from Quilted Fabric in Oyster (Color) or a Variance of an off white .
Pretty close to the Rebel Quilted Hats ..... I can put up a pic later if you would like ....

But the Flack vest is going to be pulling off a few Tricks of it's own once I get the pattern Right .
The Shoulders need to be Cut a little Different than the Canon Boba Vest so that's what I measuring for now .

The Trench Coat is in the Hands of my Soon to be Mother-in-Law , So I'm confident in the Quality and the Fit .
We had a Fitting today and a few more later this week Hopefully . Then the Flack Vest .

She's also making me Fleece over pants for Colder weather
& I'll have Acceptable Cotton pants for Warmer weather .

The Flack Vest's Function is now a little more Complicated , so I'll post more on that as well later tonight .

Thanks for Checking it out ....

ConDar Ward

« Reply #63 on: Feb 23, 2012, 08:37 AM »
So my current buy'ce kinda got retired unexpectedly .... .....

It got dropped .......

Here's a bit of the  Prototype W.I.P.

« Last Edit: Mar 24, 2012, 12:28 PM by ConDar Ward » Logged

Remo Jadd

• Vok'Chi Warmaster
« Reply #64 on: Feb 23, 2012, 08:41 AM »
NOOOOOOOOOOOO not that old Buc'ye  :(  i liked that. How bad was it?.

So your new one is having a complete front that opens eh?. Talos Kot from my clan did one like that.  ;)

Zedrin Ho'dag

• Nothing's impossible; impossible just takes longer
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Celebration Chicago Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #65 on: Feb 23, 2012, 08:56 AM »
So my current buy'ce kinda got retired unexpectedly .... .....

http://www.nooooooooooooooo.com/   :P

Dude that sucks big time!  Any hope for the old buy'ce or were you just itching to build a new one?   ;)

MMCC-0537 | M.A.J.I.C-047 | M.A-025 | M.A.D-004 | B.E.A.R.D.S.-028 | V.A.B.S.-004 | V.R.C.A.-069 | S.O.S.-013 | O.S.B.A.-000

ConDar Ward

« Reply #66 on: Feb 23, 2012, 09:09 AM »
NOOOOOOOOOOOO not that old Buc'ye  :(  i liked that. How bad was it?.

Well , it's not Good ..... I could fix it , but it wouldn't be the Same . It's taken a lot of abuse
and held up pretty well despite it all . Being one of my first Scratch builds ( & my First ohl'd Vart ) it was Destined to happen
sometime . Mostly because it had been repaired Several Times over the years ..... It will be a "Display Only" for now .
I'm a little lost ..... all my new electronics were just installed a few days ago ...... :'(

So your new one is having a complete front that opens eh?. Talos Kot from my clan did one like that.  ;)

Yeah , it just kinda worked out that way .... hahaha

Dude that sucks big time!  Any hope for the old buy'ce or were you just itching to build a new one?

Thanks Vod ..... Yes & No ......... & Yes .....  ;D

I hope I haven't lost my Touch ..... :rolleyes:

ConDar Ward

« Reply #67 on: Feb 23, 2012, 09:19 AM »
 It will be mostly 6mm Sintra . All the Screws that are visible are just temps to hold things
in place . Reinforcing the Cheeks today ....
Here is the Profile ...... I like it so far ......

« Last Edit: Mar 24, 2012, 12:28 PM by ConDar Ward » Logged

ConDar Ward

« Reply #68 on: Mar 21, 2012, 10:36 AM »
 New Trench coat and Vest ready to be Modded .....  8)

I Still need to put some more Details on the Trench along with the Shoulder bells .
I think I'm going to slit the Back a little up the middle .

Vest is cut to hide the intact "paintball "vest underneath . The Quilted Vest has a Velcro closure
under the Arms . I'm almost ready to remount my plates . This should be easy enough because
the holes are already there , I just have to mark the spots on the new vest .

I'm making New Gaunt/Gloves & Boots as well ...... I try to get some concept images up .... later .... ???

By condarward at 2012-03-21

By condarward at 2012-03-20

This is the Trench Reversed (inside out) .... ;D
The sleeves have the Seam in the cuff so I can cover it with my Gaunts .
I'm actually liking the Canon material more than the Waffle weave stuff at the moment .
I guess we'll have to see how it looks with my new pants & Boots .... It's all about the look ...  ;)

« Last Edit: Aug 22, 2012, 12:09 PM by ConDar Ward » Logged

Remo Jadd

• Vok'Chi Warmaster
« Reply #69 on: Mar 21, 2012, 10:38 AM »
I like it best in the bottom pic ;) .

ConDar Ward

« Reply #70 on: Mar 21, 2012, 10:47 AM »
Really ? ......  :-\

I started to like the polar fleece a lot , the more I researched the Snowtroopers that is .... :-X

Not that I don't like the other .... It does look different , which is good in this case ..... I'm undecided ...  ???

ConDar Ward

« Reply #71 on: Mar 21, 2012, 01:31 PM »

MY Custom DL-44 Holster :
_________________________________________________ __________________________________

Anyhow ..... :-X

I figured I'd post my Holster in here since it's a Soft part .....
I should also stick it in the DL-44 Build , but this is more appropriate ... I guess .

The look I wanted was a Han Style low slung holster. But I didn't want it in leather .... :rolleyes:

A little while ago I found the perfect Drill holster for $1.50 at ReStore ....
It still needs a lot modding but , it's also a perfect fit for the DL-44 w/ scope .... WIN !

I couldn't find any belts that I liked , or that would look right ...... you know how that is , Right  ?
So I made my own out of :
 2 belts & their buckles ......   
 some Sintra ,
 a few screws & a couple of snaps .....;D

Here is what it looks like so far ....... :blank:

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Hey there, hi there, ho there.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #72 on: Mar 21, 2012, 02:15 PM »
 :o wow it looks awesome Vod ;D I love it

VABS : M.A. #006  24er :  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

Kel Toi

• The Kilted Mando!
« Reply #73 on: Mar 21, 2012, 03:44 PM »
Looks good bro, i need to build a double of that  :D

ConDar Ward

« Reply #74 on: Mar 21, 2012, 06:04 PM »
Thanks Guys ......

It is still in need of a few finishing touches ..... but the Basic plan is sound .

Kel ...... If you notice the Front buckle has been marked for a left holster clip down the Road .... ;D

The Front buckle gets a Face plate so the original buckle wont be seen when it's finished .

As well my Mandoquin has a little more filler around the middle than I do these days,
so the belt is fit quite a bit tighter on me ...... it also looks better .... :D

My Belt Greeblie pouches are Drying ..... (I made formed leather ones)

More later .....Thanks for looking ... ;D

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!