Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Jesse's WIP **#wearable!!**

• 269 Replies

Jesse Libarra

• M.A. #028, Mini Mando #05
Re: Jesse's WIP
« Reply #50 on: Feb 17, 2012, 06:11 PM »
sigh. Sorry it's so small...
You can click on it to see it on photobucket

-Only a fool never feels fear. The difference between a brave man and a coward is the way he handles his fear.-

Jesse Libarra

« Reply #51 on: Feb 18, 2012, 12:34 AM »
oh! I just realized there's no flak vest on there. Sorry. :( I forgot about it.

-Only a fool never feels fear. The difference between a brave man and a coward is the way he handles his fear.-

CaptainMorgan

• In Progress
« Reply #52 on: Feb 18, 2012, 01:14 AM »
That's awesome, Captain. :D Thanks. :)

ok, so, last night I was thinking about what I wanted for my armor (color, kama style, etc.) and this is what I came up with. I apologize for the quality. My scanner hates my notebook...lol

Is that all drawn freehand?  I like it a lot, very cool.

Jesse Libarra

« Reply #53 on: Feb 18, 2012, 01:18 AM »
Is that all drawn freehand?  I like it a lot, very cool.
yeah, that's all freehand, and thank you. :)  It's not real great. I could probably have done better, but I was just 'thinking with a pencil' as they say. I'm probably going to do another one to explore some more options (chest plates, flak vest, etc.) When I get that done I'll post it if anyone's interested.

CaptainMorgan

• In Progress
« Reply #54 on: Feb 18, 2012, 01:56 AM »
yeah, that's all freehand, and thank you. :)  It's not real great. I could probably have done better, but I was just 'thinking with a pencil' as they say. I'm probably going to do another one to explore some more options (chest plates, flak vest, etc.) When I get that done I'll post it if anyone's interested.

Well I can't really draw, so it's cool to me.  I am just really good with computers and fabrication as methods to bring my imagination to life.

Jesse Libarra

« Reply #55 on: Feb 18, 2012, 01:17 PM »
Thanks, Dan. :) I wish I could do the computer stuff, but I don't have any programs to work with. I'm wishing for Adobe PhotoShop... :D
Anyway, I drew another version/angle last night, so I'll try to scan it and get it up later today. :)

Kiel'ani Cardas

• Remembering Princess Leah
« Reply #56 on: Feb 18, 2012, 03:10 PM »
I definitely want to see this! I'm not too sure on the chest-plate style I want either. Tiny women quickly become "she-men" in mando armor... not sure if I can effectively combat that. Maybe I'll let you do the thinking for a little while...  ;)

Jesse Libarra

« Reply #57 on: Feb 18, 2012, 03:26 PM »
Well, here's another concept from a different angle. :) quality, again, isn't great. :(

Serim Merec

• A Moose...
« Reply #58 on: Feb 18, 2012, 05:58 PM »
Hmm I like this  :) If you can achieve the look your going for this will be one sweet lookin' kit!

I'll be watching!

M.A.J.I.C #070 - We Die On Our Feet!
M.A. #007 - The first step is admitting it

Jesse Libarra

« Reply #59 on: Feb 24, 2012, 02:18 AM »
ok, please excuse me while I bump this back up so I don't forget about it. :)

I've got the templates printed out and I'm going to try to wrangle somebody into helping me take pictures of them this Saturday. :)

seugtai

• 'ZOOG-tay'
  • nom nom...cookie
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Celebration Chicago Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #60 on: Feb 24, 2012, 09:17 AM »
I was looking for something else the other day and came across Arch's first set of armor in her thread and thought of you. Her first chest plates were more of an angled look. The can be seen HERE, I'm sure she'd be willing to explain how she did them if you wanted to go that route.

And I love your concept art too by the way, can't wait to see that made! :D

Jesse Libarra

« Reply #61 on: Feb 24, 2012, 07:27 PM »
Thank you, Seugtai. That looks very much like what I'm after. :D Thank you for the help.

And you're armor is...breathtaking. You're like, the goddess of Bondo.  ;D

Jesse Libarra

« Reply #62 on: Feb 25, 2012, 06:21 PM »
Okay, so I taped the templates on me, and wrangled my mom into taking pictures of me. I think these are the right size, but I'd like some feedback before I go and cut everything out and find they're not right.

Note: Please excuse the chest plates. They are for reference purposes only.

EDIT: Sorry two of them are sideways. You can click on them to see them right-way-up on Photobucket. And I apologize for the size of them. I did re-size them on Photobucket, but it doesn't look like I did.  :-\

Never mind...

« Last Edit: Mar 21, 2012, 12:14 AM by Jesse Libarra » Logged

Kardos Shantiel

• I don't need gaunts I've got the POWER GLOVE!
« Reply #63 on: Feb 26, 2012, 05:07 AM »
Hmm, they look good! Although, to me, it seems like they are a tad too wide. I don't know, it might just be me.

Proud member of the Dumbstruck Podcast Team!

http://www.twitch.tv/dumbstruck_podcast

Armor:

Remo Jadd

• Vok'Chi Warmaster
  • Awards 267th Rapid Assault Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #64 on: Feb 26, 2012, 08:46 AM »
Placement, size and spacing look fine  ;) .

Jesse Libarra

« Reply #65 on: Feb 26, 2012, 09:38 AM »
Thanks, all. :) I'm thinking I may have to trim the collar plate a little...

Ordeyn

• MMCC #0629
  • Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions. 40+ hrs Charity 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
« Reply #66 on: Feb 26, 2012, 10:03 AM »
Thanks, all. :) I'm thinking I may have to trim the collar plate a little...

I trimmed my mine. I couldn't move my arms up very far due to the width of the collar plate. But because I trimmed the collar plate I also took off some of the chest plates too so they match up still.

Your concept pics look great! :D Keep up the good work.

Jesse Libarra

« Reply #67 on: Feb 26, 2012, 10:31 AM »
I trimmed my mine. I couldn't move my arms up very far due to the width of the collar plate. But because I trimmed the collar plate I also took off some of the chest plates too so they match up still.

Your concept pics look great! :D Keep up the good work.

Thank you, Ordeyn. :)

Jesse Libarra

« Reply #68 on: Mar 04, 2012, 10:24 AM »
So, it's been forever since I posted on this, so I'm just going to bump this back up. :)

I'm looking at doing the angled plates, and I was wondering, how would you go about shaping the angled plates? Ideas and suggestions are most welcome. :)

Jesse Libarra

« Reply #69 on: Mar 16, 2012, 02:33 AM »
all righty, I thought up another question.  :D

I've been reading through the various threads regarding helmet sizing and buying, and I've been trying to figure out the sizing ratio. I'm still scratching my head about the '1:1' or the '2:1' ratios. Is there a specific mathematical formula to this, or is just a relative thing? Also, I was thinking I'd need to be absolutely positive that the helmet was the right size before I spent all this money.

I've been tossing around the idea getting of the Jango 2 piece ('cause I'm small [like, 5 foot nothing]) and I was wondering if you can only buy it online, or if there's a place to go and try on different helmets. (That may just be wishful thinking on my part)

« Reply #70 on: Mar 16, 2012, 09:50 AM »
all righty, I thought up another question.  :D

I've been reading through the various threads regarding helmet sizing and buying, and I've been trying to figure out the sizing ratio. I'm still scratching my head about the '1:1' or the '2:1' ratios. Is there a specific mathematical formula to this, or is just a relative thing? Also, I was thinking I'd need to be absolutely positive that the helmet was the right size before I spent all this money.

I've been tossing around the idea getting of the Jango 2 piece ('cause I'm small [like, 5 foot nothing]) and I was wondering if you can only buy it online, or if there's a place to go and try on different helmets. (That may just be wishful thinking on my part)

"1:1" is referring to the helmet's size relative to the original prop in the movie. A 1:1 Boba is the same size as the helmet Jeremy Bulloch wore in the OT. A 1:1 Jango is the same size as Temuera Morrison wore in AoTC.

"2:1" is referring to the ratio between your shoulder width and the helmet width, as in you shoulders should be twice as wide as your helmet.

As far as trying on helmets, you could see if the clan in your area is throwing an Armor Party any time soon, you could likely try on some helmets there.

As for finding a 2-Piece online, they're getting to be pretty scarce (Looking for one myself ???).

Byloc Phosmont

• Mando Rider: 0004
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #71 on: Mar 16, 2012, 10:34 AM »
Mines a two piece and it fits very well, I'm 5'7".

But if you're looking to buy a 2 piece jango you shouldn't have to spend more than $35 on the toy helmet. I've seen some going for $50, which is just ridiculous. On the somewhat "official starwars costume website" the rubies 2 piece as going for $23, but it was out of stock last time I checked about a month ago. As far as looking in stores for them, I've tried newburyport comics, target, walmart, etc. They have all the newer toy helmets like the new boba, grievous and clone trooper, none have had jango.

I'm sure with some research you could find one online, but at the moment it looks as though all the people who are asking a fair price don't have any in stock or are no longer selling... maybe because there's half a year til halloween?? I don't know.

Jesse Libarra

« Reply #72 on: Mar 19, 2012, 12:01 AM »
so, with all the helmet info in mind I had my wonderful buir (mother) measure my shoulders, and we came up with an ~18 shoulder span. This seems like it will make my helmet kind of small if I go with the 2:1 ratio...*raises eyebrow* 9 inches at the base? Seriously?

So, am I looking at a 1:1 helmet?

Like I said before, the Jango 2 piece is looking (to me, at least) to my most viable option as of right now.

« Reply #73 on: Mar 19, 2012, 03:23 PM »
From what I understand on helms, you definitely do not want a 1:1 Boba, though i believe the 1:1 jango, which is a bit smaller, should work.

No cheers, no warcry.
The best way to take out a mark is to not let it know you're coming!
Long-Process Concept WIP http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=169143.0
« Reply #74 on: Mar 19, 2012, 03:59 PM »
so, with all the helmet info in mind I had my wonderful buir (mother) measure my shoulders, and we came up with an ~18 shoulder span. This seems like it will make my helmet kind of small if I go with the 2:1 ratio...*raises eyebrow* 9 inches at the base? Seriously?

So, am I looking at a 1:1 helmet?

Like I said before, the Jango 2 piece is looking (to me, at least) to my most viable option as of right now.

I read it was 9.5 inches on the J2P. At any rate, it's not an exact science, but based on your measurements and everything I've read, the J2P is the right fit for you.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!