Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Rohlan Dyre WIP [Done! new pics page 7]

• 112 Replies

Ref Al'drann

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Award for 25 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
Re: Rohlan Dyre WIP-- This time it's for real
« Reply #25 on: Feb 29, 2012, 03:59 AM »
Good point about expanding it, thanks. Hoping I won't have to, but it is meant for children.

Yeah I've been planning my build of the intake valves and extra panels. Not looking forward to scratch building the extra parts as some of the curves and angles are more complicated than they appear, but I'll make it work.

Ref Al'drann

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Award for 25 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #26 on: Mar 03, 2012, 05:49 PM »
Please forgive the double post, it comes with important updates.
Check out what I got!

This helmet is the beautiful work of Big_Water99.

I also got my Mega Bloks jetpack. I'm not ashamed to say that upon receiving it, I put the jetpack aside and played with the legos that came with it.

« Last Edit: Apr 22, 2012, 05:14 PM by Ref Al'drann » Logged

Karvas Dral

• Poodoo.
« Reply #27 on: Mar 03, 2012, 05:59 PM »
That is a great find, Ref.
And gorgeous helmet!
How much was the pack if you dont mind me asking?

Hondo Karr

• Awards Team Player - 1 of 2 Official Members who are best Matching Pair Award for 25 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #28 on: Mar 03, 2012, 09:03 PM »
That helmet looks familiar!

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Hey there, hi there, ho there.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #29 on: Mar 04, 2012, 03:03 PM »
Awesome looking Helmet Vod ;D

VABS : M.A. #006  24er :  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

Ref Al'drann

« Reply #30 on: Mar 08, 2012, 09:39 PM »
Got home from work and pumped out the painting on the helmet

The visor is temporary until I can figure out how to get it looking really green. I'm thinking of getting some green transparent acrylic and spraying the inside with that brake light tint.

Needless to say, the helmet still needs a lot of weathering to fit with the rest of my armor.

I also got some sintra scraps to start working on the jetpack with. I'm thinking of using a couple pieces tupperware as the intake valves on the top. More updates when I acquire the parts and start on the jetpack.

Ref Al'drann

« Reply #31 on: Mar 09, 2012, 07:16 PM »
Ok double post again. Hopefully this won't become a trend!

Helmet is finished (except for the green visor)

Thanks for checking it out!

Calo Ordoa

Re: Rohlan Dyre WIP [helmet finished pg. 3]
« Reply #32 on: Mar 09, 2012, 07:28 PM »
The helmet looks great, bro! I have a question though...

Where'd you get that base? It looks like a boss-ish thing!

Karvas Dral

• Poodoo.
« Reply #33 on: Mar 09, 2012, 07:31 PM »
Great job man, did you use oil pastels to make those blaster marks?

Ref Al'drann

« Reply #34 on: Mar 09, 2012, 07:36 PM »
Where'd you get that base?

Edit: Sorry, realized you were talking about the helmet stand and not the helmet 'base'...

I got the stand from The Woodchuck

Great job man, did you use oil pastels to make those blaster marks?

I did. Good eye!

« Last Edit: Mar 09, 2012, 08:19 PM by Ref Al'drann » Logged

Karvas Dral

• Poodoo.
« Reply #35 on: Mar 09, 2012, 07:44 PM »
I was thinking of using a similar technique, mind sharing how you did it?

Ref Al'drann

« Reply #36 on: Mar 09, 2012, 07:52 PM »
Sure thing!

So at the bottom of where your exposed silver is you make a brown circle. Smudge that circle in a circular motion with your finger until you have no harsh egdes and then sweep it backwards, bringing the edges outwards (opposite of bringing it to a point like you'll do with the black.) Now make a black circle at the top of your silver and again, smudge it with your finger and sweep it backwards, except to a point this time. Lastly, take some steel wool and rub away on the silver area a little so it shows through in the middle.

Karvas Dral

• Poodoo.
« Reply #37 on: Mar 09, 2012, 08:05 PM »
Ah! very similar to i was planning to do, just wasnt going to use the brown! thanks  :)

Hondo Karr

• Awards Team Player - 1 of 2 Official Members who are best Matching Pair Award for 25 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #38 on: Mar 09, 2012, 09:41 PM »
Nice!

seugtai

• 'ZOOG-tay'
  • nom nom...cookie
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Celebration Chicago Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #39 on: Mar 10, 2012, 08:19 AM »
Very nice indeed! 8)

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Hey there, hi there, ho there.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #40 on: Mar 10, 2012, 09:24 AM »
Thats a Lovely looking Bucket you have got there Vod ;D

VABS : M.A. #006  24er :  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

Ref Al'drann

« Reply #41 on: Mar 10, 2012, 05:35 PM »
Thanks manbrolorians!

Glad you all like it. I think Rohlan would be proud. If he wasn't pretend...

Remo Jadd

• Vok'Chi Warmaster
  • Awards 267th Rapid Assault Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad

Drak Fiurr Verda

• ...Mew...
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #43 on: Mar 13, 2012, 04:11 PM »
Always loved Rohlan's helmet. Great job man.

R.I.P Chris, aka Remo Jadd
BVC Command Email: bvclan@mandalorianmercs.com

Ref Al'drann

« Reply #44 on: Apr 01, 2012, 05:52 PM »
I feel bad that it's been a while since I've update this. Been very busy recently with a lot of stuff, but I'm trying hard to keep myself on track to debut this kit during Comic Con in July.

This is my jetpack in pieces right now. There's still a lot of assembly that I have to figure out and some other pieces that I have to make/buy and assemble, but I've broken ground. I felt bad cutting the original pack to hell, but I'm really hopeful that I'll be able to make something really awesome out of all this.

Here's that famous spiky shoulder guard. The spikes are rubber. I was originally going to buy metal studs, but with Comic Con in mind, I decided rubber spikes would be safer for others.

BobaFiend

• "Put Captain Cargo in the Solo Hold"
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Boba and Jango Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #45 on: Apr 02, 2012, 01:54 AM »
What kind of rubber are they? How have they behaved with primer on them so far?

Ref Al'drann

« Reply #46 on: Apr 02, 2012, 09:11 AM »
I was actually looking closer at the spikes and they're not rubber, they're vinyl. So far they're taking paint really well.

Ref Al'drann

« Reply #47 on: Apr 09, 2012, 11:29 PM »
I have a little treat for those of you following this thread. I've started to mount the armor to the vest. The shoulder armor is still in the painting stage, but I included it to make it look a bit more complete. I really don't like florescent lighting for pictures because it distorts the colors, but I was eager to show off my progress.

Hondo Karr

« Reply #48 on: Apr 09, 2012, 11:31 PM »
Nice! This is the FURTHEST I have seen a Rohlan build get to date!

Jacyn Snow

• AKA Aran Kerir AKA Jordan Masters
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
Re: Rohlan Dyre WIP [partial test fit pg. 4]
« Reply #49 on: Apr 09, 2012, 11:55 PM »
looks sweet vode id love to see it in person

USMC- Mandeplorable

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!