Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Rohlan Dyre WIP [Done! new pics page 7]

• 112 Replies
Re: Rohlan Dyre WIP [Jetpack done! pg.5]
« Reply #75 on: Jun 22, 2012, 12:17 PM »

I love this harness, i think i might have to do a riff on this for my custom mando now  :P, brilliant

SWTOR
~The Starfall legacy
-The Shadowlands "Kilstar" Powertech

Ref Al'drann

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Award for 25 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #76 on: Jun 22, 2012, 04:43 PM »
Armor lying on the floor does not constitue finish my friend  :P Put that stuff on and snap some pics ;D Consider it an order from your RC :laugh:.. it was worth a try :P

Anyways, looking good Ref, is the harness going to go under your vest? It's just to hold up the lower armor right? Or do I need to go back and look at referance pics agian.

Have a good one,
Hagen

The suspenders go under the vest. They were just necessary because the holster/cod/thighplates are pretty hefty and the jetpack needs support.
I would do another test fit, but I want everything to be just right  :D

Looks good man! I can't wait to see this all together. Of all the WIPs I've seen, I'm glad this is the one that'll be done first. You're setting a pretty high bar for everybody else to follow here, I hope mine will look this good when I'm done :P
Wow, thank you! I really appreciate that from a fellow Rohlan.

seugtai

• 'ZOOG-tay'
  • nom nom...cookie
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Celebration Chicago Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #77 on: Jun 23, 2012, 09:12 AM »
must.steal.those.BOOTS!

:laugh: ;)

Seriously, top notch work here! 8)

Ref Al'drann

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Award for 25 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #78 on: Jun 27, 2012, 01:40 PM »
Ok everyone, the application has been submitted! Wish me luck!

I won't tease all of you anymore  :laugh: here's the final product:

bh1138

« Reply #79 on: Jun 27, 2012, 01:51 PM »
Nice! :D Cool to finally see it. You definitely didn't disappoint, good luck on the app!

Mandalore the Uniter

• Herder of Cats
  • Uniting the Faithful.
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Celebration Chicago Celebration Orlando 2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #80 on: Jun 27, 2012, 02:23 PM »
Very nice!   :)

I had an awesome sig once, till Photobucket killed it. *frownyface*
Re: Rohlan Dyre WIP [Done! Full pic pg. 6]
« Reply #81 on: Jun 27, 2012, 02:53 PM »
sweet grats on the officialdom

DZ/TS-15255 501st Great Lakes Garrison

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Hey there, hi there, ho there.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #82 on: Jun 27, 2012, 03:03 PM »
Very cool vod ;D

VABS : M.A. #006  24er :  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

Ref Al'drann

« Reply #83 on: Jun 27, 2012, 03:06 PM »
sweet grats on the officialdom

This is my second kit. Hasn't been approved yet, but I'm crossing my fingers!

Mandalore the Uniter

• Herder of Cats
  • Uniting the Faithful.
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Celebration Chicago Celebration Orlando 2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #84 on: Jun 27, 2012, 03:49 PM »
The only real thing that sticks out to me, after seeing the entire suit on you, is that the cod plate looks a little long.  Other than that, it's friggin sweet!  We can probably get a good CRL written up for this, and possibly get it 501st approved as well.

Ref Al'drann

« Reply #85 on: Jun 27, 2012, 03:58 PM »
The only real thing that sticks out to me, after seeing the entire suit on you, is that the cod plate looks a little long.  Other than that, it's friggin sweet!  We can probably get a good CRL written up for this, and possibly get it 501st approved as well.

Rohlan's cod plate is larger than Jango's or Boba's. I'm not sure if you mean that it's not proportional to me or the rest of the kit, or that it's not consistent with the artwork, but I'll just put this up for comparison: 

Hondo Karr

• Awards Team Player - 1 of 2 Official Members who are best Matching Pair Award for 25 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #86 on: Jun 27, 2012, 05:15 PM »
I think what he's pointing out, is that in the pix, it doesnt appear to confrom to the body and fit snugly against the groin. It looks like it's hanging down a couple inches below your inseam.

Mandalore the Uniter

• Herder of Cats
  • Uniting the Faithful.
« Reply #87 on: Jun 27, 2012, 05:41 PM »
What Falin said.  The cod hangs down a touch low, to the point where it's hitting the top of your thigh armor.

Ref Al'drann

« Reply #88 on: Jun 27, 2012, 08:04 PM »
The cod is as high as it can get. It fits me like a cup. Maybe it's something with how it interacts with the thigh plates?

Zophar Ptay

• Ba'buir'ika
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 40% increase or more Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #89 on: Jun 27, 2012, 08:25 PM »
The cod is as high as it can get. It fits me like a cup. Maybe it's something with how it interacts with the thigh plates?

braggart :P :P 8)

Late Crusader WIP

If it aint broke, fix it till it is.

Mandalore the Uniter

• Herder of Cats
  • Uniting the Faithful.
« Reply #90 on: Jun 29, 2012, 08:07 AM »
Yeah, I think your thigh plates may be a touch too tall.  Maybe a 1/2 inch trim on the top will fix the armor bunching issue.

Ref Al'drann

« Reply #92 on: Jul 17, 2012, 02:59 AM »
Totally late updating this, but this kit is now official!

I'm extremely excited and relieved that this kit is finished and official! I even took it for the ultimate test run, a 1 mile march. I had some hiccups but it held up. I do need a new vest, however...

Anyway, enjoy these!

And my favorite pic of this kit so far  :D

Thanks everyone for your support and encouragement! I'm a very happy guy  ;D

Squirrel

• "TVCP Magnificent 7"
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
Re: Rohlan Dyre WIP [Done! new pics page 7]
« Reply #94 on: Jul 17, 2012, 05:17 PM »
FINALLY! Someone who built this kit right and finished it!

Well done indeed! I salute you! 8)

"And what have we learned?"]
Sorry I'm not around much anymore, life is very busy for me at the moment. . .
M.A.J.I.C. #103
A new WIP will be posted eventually. . .

Novoc Mereel

• Back with a vengeance! He/Him
« Reply #95 on: Aug 09, 2012, 02:02 AM »
This is freaking SWEET.  'Nuff said.  'Grats on the approval, vod!

Ru'Der Marekar

• Aka’lit Sol’yc!
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Family events Award for 75 official invasions. 40+ hrs Charity 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
« Reply #96 on: Aug 11, 2012, 01:29 PM »
I love the Rholan Dyre kit Vod  ;D I am working on a crusader era kit and hope it is worthy of trooping with you.

OYA!

I do not offer empty platitudes! I do not offer easy victories!
Crusader Era Armor WIP - Crusader Era Helm WIP - SWTOR Electro-Staff Tutorial
« Reply #97 on: Sep 08, 2012, 03:46 PM »
Great Job buddy you did the helmet and the whole costume a great justice :)

GreatSkyRiver Falco

• Haamyc ner nu'amyc
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #98 on: Sep 08, 2012, 04:55 PM »
real nice!

OriKebiin'traYustapir
Victory, not vengence.
reality is a hologram created by our minds.
M.A.J.I.C # 008

Ref Al'drann

« Reply #99 on: Sep 11, 2012, 02:57 PM »
I love the Rholan Dyre kit Vod  ;D I am working on a crusader era kit and hope it is worthy of trooping with you.

OYA!

I'm following your WIP actually. I really love the direction your kit is going in. It looks awesome!

Great Job buddy you did the helmet and the whole costume a great justice :)

Thanks! I'm really glad you say that. Your helmet made it all possible. Not exaggerating on that, trust me  :laugh:

real nice!

Thank you!

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!