Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

First Jetpack build (WIP)

• 1 Replies

Gel'ren Drask

• Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 75 official invasions. Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 50 official invasions. Award for 25 official invasions.
First Jetpack build (WIP)
« on: Feb 16, 2012, 04:16 PM »
Greetings all, new Mando in the works here and I don't have a proper name sorted out yet so just bear with me for now.  Anyways... I'm at work (heavy truck repair shop)  and one of our mechanics brings me this:

Not sure why this one is tiny...

It's a coolant overflow tank from a bus.  And I immediately thought "Mando jetpack/backpack.  It's just too great not to try and use.  The top pipe I'm going to chop off and either remount on the bottom where that lip is, or just chop it off and scratch build two pipes for thrusters.  The side pipe I'm going to turn into the port for a gauntlet mounted flame thrower.  The skinny tubes...I'm not sure yet.  I may just chop them off.  If I feel adventurous, I may cut open the back and mount an LED in the top, there's a little glass bubble that would make a nice indicator light.  I'll put up some more shots as I progress.

Gel'ren "Mercelangelo" Drask Firestorm Clan
E.M.T.S #40
B.E.A.R.D.S #23

Dral Buurenaar

• Dralkotep Cyareakaan
Re: First Jetpack build (WIP)
« Reply #1 on: Feb 16, 2012, 04:33 PM »
Looks like a great base to start with. Cant wait for progress pics!

Ship: Burk'yc bora [Risky Business]
Co-pilot: N8-R10 [Nate Arten]
Manda'galaar / MA#045

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!