Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Morut's Soft Parts- Comments and Advice welcome

• 28 Replies

Morut Naast

• Oya Krayt!!
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Award for 25 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions 40% increase or more Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
Morut's Soft Parts- Comments and Advice welcome
« on: Feb 24, 2012, 04:53 AM »
It's taken me a couple of months to find the buckles I wanted for my belt, but I finally found them yesterday!! So, I spent some time today working out the messurements and drew up a mock- up for the belt. Now, keep in mind that the colors used are for contrast and depth, not the colors I will be using. I havent decided on the colors for my plates for sure, so I am not sure what colors I will use on the belt.
The whole thing will be made out of leather. The diamond goes againts the back.

These are the actual buckles I will be using

I will keep you posted on progress. I hope to have it cut out tomorrow and have started the tooling.

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Hey there, hi there, ho there.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
Re: Morut's Soft Parts- Comments and Advice welcome
« Reply #1 on: Feb 24, 2012, 02:31 PM »
Looks interesting Vod ;D looking forward to seeing more 

VABS : M.A. #006  24er :  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

Morut Naast

• Oya Krayt!!
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Award for 25 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions 40% increase or more Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #2 on: Feb 25, 2012, 08:10 PM »
Do you believe in tool gremlens.... I do, you know, they are kinda like sock gremlens, they come in and steal the exact tool you are needing to use....

So, this was to be the first leather project I was to work on since I moved into our new house about a year ago. So , I unpacked all my leather working tools and...... my beveler is missing.... not just one of them, but all three of them... what the?

So I have all the parts cut, and the pattern drawn on them, but will have to wait until later this week to pick up a beveler. :J pics later tonight.

Morut Naast

• Oya Krayt!!
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2012, 09:36 PM »
Here is what the belt I have been working on is looking like now-a-days

Little closer look

I am in the process of doing some tooling on the sintra plate on this. The words on the plate say "Krayt" down the left, and "Naast" down the right. They will be tooled in that strip and the center rectangle will be tooled similar to the way I did the backgrounds of the other pieces I did. I still need to dye it as well...

Also... kinda the right and kinda the wrong place for these, but they ARE my boots sooo...

Here is what I have been doing with my boots!

I still need to do the toe spikes and the heal plate. And the actual paint job of coarse...

TrooperJasher

• Squiggle me this...
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Beastmaster Brigade Member
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2012, 01:28 AM »
Looks fantastic, are you going to dye it?

Morut Naast

• Oya Krayt!!
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2012, 03:32 AM »
I am going to dye it. Probably a two tone dye job. I have a really nice silver and a nice black. I have mixed those in the past and made a great looking gunmetal color. So thinking gunmetal and silver.

Kelan Ord

• Mando McConaughey
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member Legends of Mandalore Brigade Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2012, 09:02 AM »
Everything looks awesome!! Great job vod!

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2012, 03:01 PM »
Awesome work Vod ;D Love it

I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

Reilic Tralem

• The key to wisdom and tea is proper aging.
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2012, 04:20 PM »
What did you use to attach the armor plates to the boots? I have nearly the same boots, mine are a bit taller, but I'm thinking of doing close to the same as far as the plates go. My only worry is comfort after attaching. Meaning that if I bolt them on, I don't want to worry about something digging into my legs or feet from the inside of the boot.

WIP: https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=246810.0

I've got half a mind to kill you...and the other half agrees.

Morut Naast

• Oya Krayt!!
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2012, 06:53 PM »
What did you use to attach the armor plates to the boots? I have nearly the same boots, mine are a bit taller, but I'm thinking of doing close to the same as far as the plates go. My only worry is comfort after attaching. Meaning that if I bolt them on, I don't want to worry about something digging into my legs or feet from the inside of the boot.

I used post screws, they are usually flat low profile heads. I dont even notice them inside the boot.

Reilic Tralem

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2012, 09:58 PM »
Many thanks ner vod. I'll definitely be trying that out.

Dar'manda

• Official Membership revoked. See Signature.
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2012, 11:10 PM »
Where did you find the buckles? They look like seat belt clips. I need some for a mad Max build.

Viciousvestments (Cecil Anthony Fuson) has had his membership revoked due to "Undisclosed Criminal History" (MMCC Bylaws:  Section 2, Major Offenses, Paragraph 8. ).  If you have outstanding sales issues with him that warrant legal action, it is suggested that you consult with local law enforcement agencies.

Morut Naast

• Oya Krayt!!
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2012, 01:42 AM »
Where did you find the buckles? They look like seat belt clips. I need some for a mad Max build.

Sorry vv, I just saw this question. I got the buckles from a local junk yard. They are seat belt clips from a 1979 International Travelall.

Reilic Tralem

« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2012, 09:01 AM »
Sorry vv, I just saw this question. I got the buckles from a local junk yard. They are seat belt clips from a 1979 International Travelall.
THAT right there is just plain AWESOME!

Zophar Ptay

• Ba'buir'ika
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 40% increase or more Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2012, 09:09 PM »
now that is cooooll.   very nice work, vod.

Late Crusader WIP

If it aint broke, fix it till it is.

Morut Naast

• Oya Krayt!!
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2012, 12:30 AM »
Thanks ner'vode! I really appreciate the encouragement and compliments.

Kel Toi

• The Kilted Mando!
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2012, 04:58 AM »
That belt is brill mate, love the boots too. Nice work ;)

Aramys Strael

• Awards Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #19 on: Jun 01, 2012, 04:28 PM »
As a leather worker I am very impressed with this design. It is absolutely brilliant! I wish I would have thought of that.... I may have to incorporate some of this in my next belt build.

Awesome!

- Bill

Bill Kohlleppel
250th Mandalorian Merc Member
MAJIC operative #009
MAAM #001
ORB ORS009
Ewok Relocation Agent #002
HORSEMAN: PESTILENCE
Kote at ner aliit, kote at an ner vode!

Reilic Tralem

« Reply #20 on: Jun 01, 2012, 04:59 PM »
The belt is indeed great, but I keep coming back to this thread to stare oh so lovingly at those boots :)

Morut Naast

• Oya Krayt!!
« Reply #21 on: Jun 01, 2012, 10:48 PM »
As a leather worker I am very impressed with this design. It is absolutely brilliant! I wish I would have thought of that.... I may have to incorporate some of this in my next belt build.

Awesome!

- Bill

Thanks! I hadnt done any leather working for the last 5 years or so. I had forgotten how time consuming and trying it was... lol

The belt is indeed great, but I keep coming back to this thread to stare oh so lovingly at those boots :)

Thanks vod! I cant wait to see how yours turn out! :)

Morut Naast

• Oya Krayt!!
« Reply #22 on: Jun 04, 2012, 05:34 AM »
New addition to the boots

Also got the belt plate tooled

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
« Reply #24 on: Dec 18, 2012, 11:49 AM »
awesome work ;D

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!