Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

I Love My Wife

• 35 Replies
I Love My Wife
« on: Mar 15, 2012, 10:50 AM »
Well when i told her I was planning on joining the Mandalorian Mercs and building the armor to go with it i didn't hear " Grow up" or " your such a nerd".

Instead i heared this, " Thats awesome, i want to play to, is there a way to make a slutty version that is accepted?"

First, after picking my jaw off the floor, My respect for her grew to the size of a battle station. Second i made sure i came here first thing i could to ask the all important questions.

How can my wife get away with exposing skin and some cleavage and still be within specs to be approved by the club? A benefit to will also to be exposing some leg, I think if she wears a skirt she can easily bypass the cod piece rule.

And I am being honest here, this is my wife not me and i will swear that up and down on my honor :).

Ib'tuur jatne tuur ash'ad kyr'amur

Pointoforigin

• Pointy Stick Wielder
  • Mukal Warosi
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad
Re: I Love My Wife
« Reply #1 on: Mar 15, 2012, 11:04 AM »
Short answer is: She can't. We won't approve "slutty" costumes into the club. The reason for that is that we have a responsibility to Lucasfilm as the Elite Mandalorian costuming organisation to ensure standards - which includes things like family appropriate attire, and blood/gore.

In my opinion, Mando ladies who DON'T try to look "Hot" actually look hotter than the ones that DO try.

There's nothing wrong with a good looking lady in a good looking kit, but she won't be approved with skin showing in the manner you suggest. For one, a full body flightsuit is required. Others have asked about wearing a kilt instead of a codpiece and have been knocked back - a loincloth or codpiece is what is acceptable. Short sleeve flightsuits are within canon, as are fingerless gloves.

If she wants to make a "slutty" costume, good for her! Go ahead! But it won't get her approved into this club as an official member.

Cyrus Rang

• Go ahead and run...Chasing you is fun!
  • Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #2 on: Mar 15, 2012, 11:40 AM »
Here is a link to the Costume Requirements that EVERYONE should read when they first start.
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?action=ezportal;sa=page;p=5

« Reply #3 on: Mar 15, 2012, 01:07 PM »
I thought so, I told her the same thing,but she wanted for me to ask any way. I hope I or my wife have caused any offense.

Yeah, nothing more I can say about that, but I do want to adress her conern though

Again I have to ask even though I know the answer, is there a way to make it so she wont burn up in the suit?

Again she wants me to ask cause she is shy around new people.

« Reply #4 on: Mar 15, 2012, 01:25 PM »
if you've got the time and the resources, make her an official suit aaaaand the slutty one. but i've gotta say, theres a few female kits that i've seen that make my jaw drop without showing an inch of skin.

Cyrus Rang

• Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #5 on: Mar 15, 2012, 01:44 PM »
I thought so, I told her the same thing,but she wanted for me to ask any way. I hope I or my wife have caused any offense.
Yeah, nothing more I can say about that, but I do want to adress her conern though
Again I have to ask even though I know the answer, is there a way to make it so she wont burn up in the suit?
Again she wants me to ask cause she is shy around new people.

No offense taken I’m sure...
Anyway to answer your question about her burning up.... I would recommend a 2 piece (long-sleeved shirt and pants) summer weight "Under Armor" combo for the flight suit. Along with that, go with the light armor set up (Helmet, collar, chest, ab, shoulder, cod armor). Basically only as much armor as Boba Fett wears. That’s the minimum armor one can wear.
I aslo recomend you both take a look in the female armor section for ideas.
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?board=88.0
Good Luck

Kel Toi

• The Kilted Mando!
« Reply #6 on: Mar 15, 2012, 01:48 PM »
ALL the Lady Mandalorians look great here, Go with a good kit then one for fun and keep it in the bedroom  :laugh:

Kiel'ani Cardas

• Remembering Princess Leah
« Reply #7 on: Mar 15, 2012, 07:32 PM »
Not gonna lie, I'm jealous of a good number of female mandos around here :) Their kits are perfectly acceptable... and what girl doesn't look great with armor and a gun!?

Especially check out Hydra, Nara Kebiitra, and Vhe Oyre for some GREAT examples.

OriKad

• The Grizzled Old Sergeant of Mav Oya'la Clan
  • Awards Force Hunter Brigade Member Special Weapons 267th Rapid Assault Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Airmobile brigade member
« Reply #8 on: Mar 15, 2012, 07:32 PM »
I'll second the above opinions.  If your wife wants to feel 'sexy' in her armor (good for her, using costumes to get a personal confidence boost is a good thing), you can definitely do it better with shape and bearing rather than skin.  I sure know MY wife is sexy in armor, without an inch of skin showing.

BobaFiend

• "Put Captain Cargo in the Solo Hold"
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Boba and Jango Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #9 on: Mar 15, 2012, 07:38 PM »
If your wife wants a skimpy costume and isn't particularly drawn to Mandos in particular I would recommend making a Twi'lek. The two of you could totally do a couples costume deal.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Twi%27lek

Cyrus Rang

« Reply #10 on: Mar 15, 2012, 08:07 PM »
This ^

Saz

• Hodor'alor
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Best Blaster - Official Member with best looking Verpine Shatter Rifle Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #11 on: Mar 16, 2012, 06:14 AM »
From the novels of Karen Travis, female Mandalorians are indistinguishable from the men, however, in practicality, over the years there are certain assets that cannot be overlooked.

I wouldn't say that we have "slutty" Mandos, but we do have quite a few female members who have managed to show off their natural curve (whether intended or not).

Get her to make an account, log on, take a look at the female members WIPs and make a few decisions for herself, I find that the air of mystery surrounding our female members is enough.

Helmet builder and custom Maker, PM me for details or click here.

ITYS Counter now at 177.

Dar'manda

• Official Membership revoked. See Signature.
« Reply #12 on: Mar 16, 2012, 07:20 AM »
the curved armor is enough. I have seen a lot of super sexy females in armor. Some with the overly fitted plates. Some that are not overly fitted.
 You asked about being cooked alive in your kit. No way around it. This stuff is hot. Get use to it. Use lighter fabrics and hope for the best/  ;)
An ideal i have seen thrown around is a compression suit. two piece or one. Like what under armor sells.

Viciousvestments (Cecil Anthony Fuson) has had his membership revoked due to "Undisclosed Criminal History" (MMCC Bylaws:  Section 2, Major Offenses, Paragraph 8. ).  If you have outstanding sales issues with him that warrant legal action, it is suggested that you consult with local law enforcement agencies.

Renick

• Aliit ori'shya tal'din
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 25 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #13 on: Mar 16, 2012, 03:34 PM »
Thought I would chime in here... Not that my 2 cents are worth anything.

Females look great in armor and everyone takes notice.  After I became official she decided it was something she wanted to do so we got her set up and she has now been official for 8 months.   

Every event we go to I hear 20+ times- "Holy Sh** its a Girl... THATS HOT!!!"  followed by a swarm of pictures.

Attractiveness and sexiness can still be achieved without "slutty".  I would hate to point out specifics examples...  :-X other than my wife of course   ;)   But going through the female Armor section -  http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?board=88.0 - and finding aspects she likes is always the best place to start.

From there I say take your time...

"Gar taldin ni jaonyc; gar sa buir, ori'wadaas'la"
"No one cares who your father is.... Only the father you'll be" 
Aliit ori'shya tal'din 
"Family is more than blood"

OM# 373
BM# 30
M.A.J.I.C #55

ConDar Ward

• Al'jurir be Ori'ramikad
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #14 on: Mar 16, 2012, 04:05 PM »
Any Pics of your Wife ?  :rolleyes: ...... jkjkjk  :laugh:  sorry .... :-X
_________________________________________________ _________________

Anyhow ........ Yeah , Mando Women are Very Smexy ..... &  Very Jaw Dropping & Eye popping to say the least ... w/o being slutty :o
Not to mention ...... They'll Kick your Sheebs ...... That's the sexiest part .... The Danger !

Maybe Try the Dark Side .......  :rolleyes:

MMCC-#0059 /M.A.- 001 /M.A.D.- 067 /ALUMINATI -013
 Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum - Remo Jadd - 0267
« Reply #15 on: Mar 16, 2012, 04:28 PM »
Any Pics of your Wife ?  :rolleyes: ...... jkjkjk  :laugh:  sorry .... :-X
_________________________________________________ _________________

Anyhow ........ Yeah , Mando Women are Very Smexy ..... &  Very Jaw Dropping & Eye popping to say the least ... w/o being slutty :o
Not to mention ...... They'll Kick your Sheebs ...... That's the sexiest part .... The Danger !

Maybe Try the Dark Side .......  :rolleyes:

i will see what i have, and yes they will be clean.  and in the words of the the dread pirate roberts " Get used to disappointment." :P

ConDar Ward

• Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #16 on: Mar 16, 2012, 04:41 PM »
i will see what i have, and yes they will be clean.  and in the words of the the dread pirate roberts " Get used to disappointment." :P

mmm ---- Ohhhkay ..... " said with Spanish accent "  .....  ;)

« Reply #17 on: Mar 16, 2012, 08:43 PM »
I told my husband the other day that I think my mando costume is the sexiest thing I can wear without showing any skin at all. IF she wants sexy, that's doable within the guidelines. If she wants slutty, I'd pick something else out of the Star Wars universe, like Slave Leia or Darth Talon. Maybe she can be your twi'lek bounty.

Patrikar Dala

• Forever alone....watching you....
« Reply #18 on: Mar 16, 2012, 09:15 PM »
It's always cool to see a new lady interested in the mercs! And I have seen plenty of costuming girls that look great (slutty or not) and i'm sure that she will look great no matter what.

*mumbles just loud enough to hear* "wish I had a twi'lek bounty...."

Armor: 100%
Soft parts: 100%
Weapons: 100%
Complete Mondoness!: 100%!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cod'av Fehn

• I'm the tech guy. Call me "Code" for short.
« Reply #19 on: Mar 16, 2012, 09:54 PM »
This may not be true to all of us...

But I feel it's safe to say,

Of course we think female mado's of any kind are hot. We're all nerds who spend a large portion of our lives on a website that is predominantly men.

What can you expect? lol

Click Like!-> CD Works

ConDar Ward

« Reply #20 on: Mar 16, 2012, 10:29 PM »
This may not be true to all of us...

But I feel it's safe to say,

Of course we think female mado's of any kind are hot. We're all nerds who spend a large portion of our lives on a website that is predominantly men.

What can you expect? lol

No , that's pretty right on Vod ...... IMHO ......

« Reply #21 on: Mar 17, 2012, 01:02 AM »
LOL yesh i think we have the geek goggles on alot, but i do find the armor sexy as is but i did finally get out of her what she wanted.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a187/Divarin/kittiesarmor.jpg

all the areas circled in blue she wants visible. I placed the armor in the way i believe it could work (forgive spacing it was a rush job)

Now she wanted to know if this pattern was acceptable in being a full member of the club?

Yes i have tried talking to her about what makes the armor look sexy, but again she is dead set on that pattern above. If not accepted would if effect her ability to hang around other club members at non invitational events like cons and such?

She want to play to, and she f a fellow geek like us all, so please tell me she can still hang with full members when she can.

Cyrus Rang

« Reply #22 on: Mar 17, 2012, 01:30 AM »
This would be a cool build but NOT club approvable. There must be NO skin showing (save for fingers I believe) to be officially allowed into the MMCC.

Im sure she could hang around around at non official events (cons).

Dar'manda

• Official Membership revoked. See Signature.
« Reply #23 on: Mar 17, 2012, 08:27 AM »
Everyone keeps saying no skin shown. However i recall reading that a sleeveless jumpsuit  would work if you got the "guns " to pull it off.  I even think it was cannon.  If that holds true then it should be allowed to go sleeveless. But it would have to be sleeveless. As for the skirt, no way no how.
As for a cosplay. We cant say no. Your welcome to do what ever cosplay you want. But out of respect for the club. You might not want to.

Viciousvestments (Cecil Anthony Fuson) has had his membership revoked due to "Undisclosed Criminal History" (MMCC Bylaws:  Section 2, Major Offenses, Paragraph 8. ).  If you have outstanding sales issues with him that warrant legal action, it is suggested that you consult with local law enforcement agencies.

Cyrus Rang

« Reply #24 on: Mar 17, 2012, 09:43 AM »
Exactly... if you have the "guns" I do believe one is be able to go sleeveless. But I highly doubt his girlfriend has Montross arms. That's why I keep saying "no skin".

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!