Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

is a motorcycle/laptop hardshell acceptable?

• 3 Replies

jase

is a motorcycle/laptop hardshell acceptable?
« on: Mar 21, 2012, 01:44 AM »
I saw these and they look like they would be good for a backpack that you might take out into the battle field.  They are hardshell so they look to have armor already.  I was wondering if they can be used as is or are modifications still necessary?  I was thinking of buying one but wanted to make sure I can use it as my  backpack before I do.  Thanks. 

Jase

No'saj Huune

• Nomad in Killeen/Ft. Hood
Re: is a motorcycle/laptop hardshell acceptable?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 21, 2012, 01:48 AM »
Last I heard was they are however you'll need to do some modifying to it but how much will depend on the overall look.  The over the shoulder straps will have to be hidden or removed (hidden under you vest is easier) as well as the top handle.  I've seen a few these on other costumes that ended up looking amazing with little modifications.  Hope that helps.

Those who wander aren't always lost.

jase

« Reply #2 on: Mar 21, 2012, 02:03 AM »
if you hid the shoulder straps, what is the best way to mount the pack onto your back without it sagging or completely falling off?  Thanks for your reply,

One idea for a mod on the top backpack is there is a dip normally for your helmet, I was thinking of putting someting in that area to add to the look and feel.  I just don't want it too heavy.

Jase

:D

Racin Kyram

• Mess with the Best, die like the Rest
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Award for 25 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #3 on: Mar 22, 2012, 02:58 PM »
I use a motorcycle hardshell pack. 

I removed the original straps and made a harness system that goes through my vest and attached to my belt hold my pants on and around the waist.  It still sags a bit [I need to make some adjustments]. 

I plan on attaching buckles like these to the vest itself so I won't need straps under my vest.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!