Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Vode Bartika's Gauntlets WIP (Complete)

• 28 Replies

Vode Bartika

• Jedi do not concern me......
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions.
Vode Bartika's Gauntlets WIP (Complete)
« on: Mar 22, 2012, 09:59 PM »
Just ordered my Gaunts from RKD.  Pictures as soon as I receive them and begin the process.

Yay

« Last Edit: Aug 17, 2012, 10:26 AM by Vode Bartika » Logged

Vode Bartika

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions.
Re: Vode Bartika's Gauntlets WIP
« Reply #1 on: Mar 31, 2012, 06:38 PM »
Delivery Received Friday!

Now I just need time.....oh precious time.......

:D

Vode Bartika

« Reply #2 on: Apr 08, 2012, 12:58 PM »
Got them trimmed up, hinges installed, and rare earth magnet fasteners in place.

Next is a bit more shaping, and adding a greeble or two to help hide the fasteners.  ;D

Jesse Libarra

• M.A. #028, Mini Mando #05
« Reply #3 on: Apr 08, 2012, 11:16 PM »
Looks nice Vod. :)

-Only a fool never feels fear. The difference between a brave man and a coward is the way he handles his fear.-

Vode Bartika

« Reply #4 on: Jul 24, 2012, 11:32 AM »
Here are some updates.  Had a bit of creativity blockage, thus the lack of updates.

A bit more to go.  I will finish sanding the blaster tonight and try to get some paint on it.  I will be attaching the Blaster separately so It can be Painted as such. A few more greebles to go as well.

Ulrik Kanteer

• Conquer your fear......or die a coward
  • Awards 40% increase or more Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 50 official invasions. Award for 25 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #5 on: Jul 24, 2012, 04:15 PM »
I like the way your gauntlets are coming and love the grebblies on them something different is always nice to see, please continue posting pictures as your progress the build

Sarsk

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #6 on: Jul 24, 2012, 07:05 PM »
Are those electronics going to be exposed?

At first when I looked at the other gauntlet with the fins... I was like "wat", but I like them now.

JarekVekarrIrunel

« Reply #7 on: Jul 24, 2012, 07:32 PM »
Mando with a dalek gun? COOL!

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Hey there, hi there, ho there.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #8 on: Jul 25, 2012, 09:54 AM »
Nice work Vod ;D

VABS : M.A. #006  24er :  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

Vode Bartika

« Reply #9 on: Jul 25, 2012, 05:50 PM »
Are those electronics going to be exposed?

Yes, they are.  I wanted to break up the smooth look with a little bit of circuit board.  More like what is in the back of Fett's bucket.  Nothing too grandiose, just a little bit.  :D

Vode Bartika

Vode Bartika

« Reply #11 on: Jul 25, 2012, 08:14 PM »
Blaster primed and painted.

Now I need to decide if I want to ad weathering by masking it and painting it black, or leaving it silver and adding carbon scoring and rust.

Opinions?  Keep in mind that the gauntlet will be a dark navy blue like my armor

JarekVekarrIrunel

« Reply #12 on: Jul 26, 2012, 12:02 AM »
Now just trade out the RF for an eyestalk....

Sarsk

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #13 on: Jul 26, 2012, 08:29 PM »
Wat... is an eyestalk?

Kelan Ord

• Mando McConaughey
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member Legends of Mandalore Brigade Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #14 on: Jul 26, 2012, 09:19 PM »
Wat... is an eyestalk?

^^ this ^^

JarekVekarrIrunel

« Reply #16 on: Jul 27, 2012, 11:28 PM »
An eyestalk is how a dalek sees. It is an electronic eye/camera/whatever on a stick, attached to the front of the dalek head/dome that allows the mutated creature inside the armor shell to see.

Sorry for not being clearer up front.

Vode Bartika

« Reply #17 on: Jul 31, 2012, 06:21 PM »
UPDATE

applying resin to the inside of the gaunts today and tomorrow.  Painting soon!

Vode Bartika

Vode Bartika

« Reply #19 on: Aug 04, 2012, 04:02 PM »
Aluminum!

And Blaster Attachment weathered and ready for attachment.

Whee!

Novoc Mereel

• Back with a vengeance! He/Him
« Reply #20 on: Aug 06, 2012, 12:07 AM »
These are legit!  Good work, so far!

Vode Bartika

« Reply #21 on: Aug 06, 2012, 07:00 AM »
Painted and primary weathering completed.  Going to add some oxidation before I clear coat and add the metal greebles/switches and blaster.

8)

ConDar Ward

• Al'jurir be Ori'ramikad
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #22 on: Aug 06, 2012, 08:13 AM »
Nice ...... very nice .  8)

MMCC-#0059 /M.A.- 001 /M.A.D.- 067 /ALUMINATI -013
 Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum - Remo Jadd - 0267

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Hey there, hi there, ho there.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #23 on: Aug 06, 2012, 04:12 PM »
cool  8)

VABS : M.A. #006  24er :  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

Vode Bartika

« Reply #24 on: Aug 06, 2012, 08:08 PM »
Completed and assembled.  I have to say the clear coat hazed more than I cared it to.  Any suggestions on easing the cloudiness without a total repaint?

Critique is appreciated.  :D

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!