Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Armour tips for the bigger Mando

• 108 Replies
Re: Armour tips for the bigger Mando
« Reply #100 on: Dec 03, 2014, 01:42 PM »
I just wanted to thank you for posting this. I know it's been around for a long time, but I haven't, and this is definitely something I needed to read. I've spent my whole life trying to hide, minimize, or deny my size, but it's a fact of who I am. I'm glad to have found members of this club that have made it a point to feel good and accept your body.

So thank you. You've hit me where I live, and inadvertently made me feel welcome without even meaning to.

« Reply #101 on: Dec 03, 2014, 08:09 PM »
Add one more to the roster, folks! I'm just getting underway with my kit and I was wondering if you think it'd be an idea to perhaps bounce stuff off each other design wise? I know everyone in the planning threads and wip threads will be real helpful and all, but since we do share some common sets of design considerations (how's that for a term?) We'd be more aware of the solutions to some of these challenges?

I clock in at 6' , 260lbs. I'm a rec hockey player, so armor is my thing everywhere!!

Oh! And love the idea of the calendar!!!

B.o.B.B. #008
Grey Brigade OT Guard #021

Erio J'uni

• Trust me. All you are to me is a paycheck!
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 75 official invasions.
« Reply #102 on: Dec 03, 2014, 10:20 PM »
Welcome to the Mercs, vode!  Glad to see more large Mandos building armor.  This thread spawned a big mando social society for us to discuss ideas, tips and support.  The Big Ole Mando Brigade.  Consider checking us out.

http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=79386.0

MMCC #899 | B.O.M.B. #1 - The Bomb'alor | M.A.J.I.C. #132 | K.O.M.S. #17 | B.O.O.M. #11 | The IT-Mando Society #11 | Grey Brigade #59
« Reply #103 on: Mar 23, 2015, 08:52 PM »
Thank you for posting this I'm new to all this and I'm a big guy and really want my kit to look like something I can be proud of. So I'm going to stop fussing with standard templates and make my own custome ones

Parjai cuyir ner (Victory be mine)

Nick Tyler
tylerni
Parjai Gotal'ur

B.O.M.B - #46
« Reply #104 on: Nov 30, 2015, 08:37 PM »
I am still planning out my armor, i am a large guy too and i am going to use some of your tips.

Below is a photo of what i have so far, its sitting a little lower that it will when it's done and i am still working on the sizing. I would love some feedback.

Erio J'uni

• Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 75 official invasions.
« Reply #105 on: Nov 30, 2015, 08:49 PM »
Love the design changes to make the galaxies armor fluffy friendly!  Proportion looks good.  Just move it up closer to your neck and you're on your way.

MMCC #899 | B.O.M.B. #1 - The Bomb'alor | M.A.J.I.C. #132 | K.O.M.S. #17 | B.O.O.M. #11 | The IT-Mando Society #11 | Grey Brigade #59
« Reply #106 on: Dec 01, 2015, 06:02 AM »
Thanks! i still have a few things to fix but i think the design looks good as long as i can get it to hand correctly on me.

« Reply #107 on: Jul 15, 2020, 09:07 AM »
Thank you for this topic. I am 6' 260ish. I am working on my membership application kit so I am confused about the chest armor. I have seen many Romanesque and stepped chest armor varieties but I thought the chest armor had to conform to the boba/ jango aesthetic. Personally I want to go Nevarro covert ex deathwatch feel. I know the new chest pieces from the show are not locked down for approval, at least last I heard but what are my options as a guy with a belly looking for membership?

Erio J'uni

« Reply #108 on: Jul 15, 2020, 10:54 AM »
Custom designs of the armor are acceptable so long as they still have the Mandalorian "feel".  Namely two chest plates, ab and diamond.  The CRLs for post-imperial Mandos (live action) are published.  But being of a more rotund persuasion I would advise against using it.  The small proportions of the chest and tiny ab would only accentuate our more spacious bellies.  It would basically  amount to an armored bib.  Standard modern plates (boba/jango) can be made to sit well on us, especially while adding the rest of our accessories.  But I always advise legacy armor for us meatier Mandos.  It goes a long way to hide our girth.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!