Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Pepakura Arena jetpack

• 32 Replies

Solus Raam

• Sukwee Vawd
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions 267th Rapid Assault Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos
Pepakura Arena jetpack
« on: Jun 26, 2012, 05:43 PM »
Here are a few pictures of the arena jetpack that I'm building out of pepakura. I'm pretty good with the stuff as Ive done 2 Gears of War helmets and my Mando gauntlets from pepakura but this will definitely be the most challenging build Ive done yet. Mostly because the jetpack will have to be hardened in sections.

✌️

Byrek Avery

• I hunt the Bigger Fish.
Re: Pepakura Arena jetpack
« Reply #1 on: Jun 26, 2012, 11:21 PM »
Good luck, vod.

Designed by Haran Tracyn

Mercaholic: #52 24hr Member
Official Member #668
Byrek Avery's WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=47081.0

Solus Raam

• Sukwee Vawd
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions 267th Rapid Assault Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos
« Reply #2 on: Jul 09, 2012, 11:54 AM »
Have fiberglass resin'd some of the outside. Also reinforced the inside back section with foam core and fiberglass resin'd over it. Going to try to finish the resin inside and out today so I can Rondo inside the large piece this week and then start adding the smaller pieces.
Will post pictures later.

✌️

Hagen Nor'ak

• More then credits
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #3 on: Jul 12, 2012, 07:11 AM »
Where did you get the Pep file for the Jetpack?
Oh and I want to appropriate your R2 unit as well :P

Have a good one,
Hagen

Solus Raam

• Sukwee Vawd
« Reply #4 on: Jul 12, 2012, 09:49 AM »
http://www.therpf.com/f24/fierfeks-star-wars-pepakura-file-development-122071/

This is where I found the version i'm using for the pep file. There is also another version in the tutorial section on here but I prefer the one that Fierfek made.

Also thanks even though its just the large cooler R2D2 :)

✌️

Hagen Nor'ak

• More then credits
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #5 on: Jul 12, 2012, 09:58 AM »
Also thanks even though its just the large cooler R2D2 :)

I could use an extra place to store frosty beverages :P

One last question on the Pep file, was it designed for 8x11 or A4?

Have a good one,
Hagen

Solus Raam

• Sukwee Vawd
« Reply #6 on: Jul 12, 2012, 01:45 PM »
I think it was A4 and then i used pepakura designer to change the size to letter. You can download pepakura designer free and then when you change the size to letter and then just move the files around to fit the pages correctly. You just have to print it then because you cant save your changes with the free version.

✌️

Solus Raam

• Sukwee Vawd
« Reply #7 on: Sep 05, 2012, 10:16 PM »
Have to restart this project. Tried to harden it in seperate pieces and failed. Gonna havento put the whole pep file together and then harden.

✌️

Lem'zig Dee

• WEAPON OF MASS PERCUSSION
  • Awards Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 50 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #8 on: Sep 06, 2012, 08:35 AM »
Wish you lived closer to Orlando, vod!  Want one of these myself and have never worked with Pep or resin.
Keep posting about this!

IG  -  @mandodrummer1
FB  -  https://www.facebook.com/mandodrummer1
Band stuff IG - @tommyfrenzyrules
Band stuff FB - https://www.facebook.com/tommyfrenzyrules/

Solus Raam

• Sukwee Vawd
« Reply #9 on: Sep 06, 2012, 11:50 AM »
Wish you lived closer to Orlando, vod!  Want one of these myself and have never worked with Pep or resin.
Keep posting about this!

Are you planning to go to the armor party at David's in November? If so I could teach you some basics there.

✌️

Lem'zig Dee

• WEAPON OF MASS PERCUSSION
  • Awards Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 50 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #10 on: Sep 06, 2012, 01:26 PM »
Are you planning to go to the armor party at David's in November? If so I could teach you some basics there.
Yes I am!  Kandosii!

IG  -  @mandodrummer1
FB  -  https://www.facebook.com/mandodrummer1
Band stuff IG - @tommyfrenzyrules
Band stuff FB - https://www.facebook.com/tommyfrenzyrules/

Solus Raam

• Sukwee Vawd
« Reply #11 on: Nov 27, 2012, 10:45 PM »
Finally moving along with my 2nd attempt :)

✌️

Thaxos

• Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #12 on: Nov 28, 2012, 09:05 AM »
Keeping my eye on this, looking good so far.

The Rules and Guides board has everything you need to learn how to utilize the forums!

Does your signature look cut off? Here's why!

Tracyn Ordo

• THE NZ Bounty Hunter
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Order of the Ori'Ramikad Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #13 on: Nov 28, 2012, 02:43 PM »
Looking good mate. When I built my the Arena jetpack for my Jango, I used a combination of WOF templates for the body, and this pep file for the rest. What I did to prevent warping was to make the body out of 1mm card. I printed the templates onto normal paper then traced them onto the card. Because the thicker card has a lot more structural integrity than cardstock that you can print onto when fiberglassed it didn't warp at all.

Anyway I look forward to seeing more progress :D

Solus Raam

• Sukwee Vawd
« Reply #14 on: Dec 01, 2012, 11:55 PM »
Progress!

So it's all pepped, Fiberglassed & Rondo'd. All that's left is sanding and paint. I love it so far.

✌️

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!