Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

SSK-7 blaster (P-38 base)

• 6 Replies

Vinthiz

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions Award for 10 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
SSK-7 blaster (P-38 base)
« on: Feb 19, 2018, 11:17 PM »
alright, I haven't made a WIP in a long while!  I finally have another project that warrants one! This time I am making a blaster pistol for my girlfriend who is currently in process of building her kit, and it will be her anniversary gift  :laugh:
*Edit* Just fyi, this is what I am loosely basing this off of http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/SSK-7_heavy_blaster_pistol
So I started with an airsoft springer and demilled it by taking the guts out, only leaving in the spring for the trigger so it moves back and forth. got some thin aluminum, some JB Weld, and got to work

and yes, the muzzle devise is part of the guts I took out of it  :laugh: still got lots of work to do, but I think it is coming along nicely!

« Last Edit: Feb 27, 2018, 11:33 PM by Vinthiz » Logged
"Nice blaster, it's a start. So what do you do with your free hand? Fix your hair, strike a pose, or is your aim so shaky you need two?" -Gen Vizla

Straka Zulu

• Ke nu'chayaiki ni, gar kar'tayli ner bora...
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Celebration Orlando 2017
Re: SSK-7 blaster (P-38 base)
« Reply #1 on: Feb 20, 2018, 11:53 AM »
Off to a good start, vod! ;D

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006

Vinthiz

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions Award for 10 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
« Reply #2 on: Feb 23, 2018, 12:24 AM »
*Update* GREEBLIES!  :P

"Nice blaster, it's a start. So what do you do with your free hand? Fix your hair, strike a pose, or is your aim so shaky you need two?" -Gen Vizla

Vinthiz

« Reply #3 on: Feb 27, 2018, 12:06 AM »
alright, more greeblies!

Aight vod'e, what do we think? modded enough for paint and weathering?

« Reply #4 on: Feb 27, 2018, 12:54 PM »
I'm not an expert or anything but the parts that I circled make it look too much like an earth pistole to me

but other than that it looks great!

Vinthiz

« Reply #5 on: Mar 10, 2018, 01:32 AM »
after talking with some of my clan leadership and a couple app team members, I decided on modding the back end

How we looking?

Straka Zulu

• Ke nu'chayaiki ni, gar kar'tayli ner bora...
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #6 on: Mar 10, 2018, 01:58 AM »
Well done, vod!

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!