Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

First armor, design and WIP. Opinions welcome.

• 131 Replies

TracynSenaar

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
Re: First armor, design and WIP. Opinions welcome.
« Reply #30 on: Sep 19, 2012, 09:53 PM »
Putting flat panels of sintra where the cylinders use to be and then greebing those up would work.

Yea, I think I was heading towards a boxier look, using the sintra will probably be my best option :)

Sarsk

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #31 on: Sep 20, 2012, 07:39 PM »
Just make sure that you remove the cocking mechanism. That's a solid concept for a mav, just make sure to take out all the blaring "nerf" characteristics.

TracynSenaar

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #32 on: Sep 20, 2012, 08:14 PM »
Just make sure that you remove the cocking mechanism. That's a solid concept for a mav, just make sure to take out all the blaring "nerf" characteristics.

but but but.....that's my favorite part

Karvas Dral

• Poodoo.
« Reply #33 on: Sep 20, 2012, 08:34 PM »
but but but.....that's my favorite part
Dont know why that made me chuckle. You can always just change the shape of it, so its less familiar and less nerfy.

TracynSenaar

« Reply #34 on: Sep 20, 2012, 09:11 PM »
Dont know why that made me chuckle. You can always just change the shape of it, so its less familiar and less nerfy.

I have an idea. Spikes. That double as a sight. Win.

Karvas Dral

• Poodoo.
« Reply #35 on: Sep 20, 2012, 09:23 PM »
Roll with whatever you can come up with. Another thing that would help is removing the texture on the plastic and the tactical rail on top of the cocking mechanism.

TracynSenaar

« Reply #36 on: Sep 20, 2012, 09:26 PM »
Roll with whatever you can come up with. Another thing that would help is removing the texture on the plastic and the tactical rail on top of the cocking mechanism.

Yea I basically plan on rounding out and flattening all of the texture on the entire thing.

Sirus the Red

• Now with OM status! #802 (Sy-rus, not Sir-ius!)
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #37 on: Sep 20, 2012, 11:07 PM »

That's similar to what I was trying to say at our last armor party. We can mod the shape of the slide while keeping it's sliding functionality.

Ib'tuur jatne tuur ash'ad kyr'amur!
(Today is a good day for someone else to die!)

Armor WIP thread: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=52662.0

Weapon projects WIP thread
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=55824.15

deviantArt
http://argnarock.deviantart.com/

TracynSenaar

« Reply #38 on: Sep 20, 2012, 11:21 PM »
That's similar to what I was trying to say at our last armor party. We can mod the shape of the slide while keeping it's sliding functionality.

I just really like the sound. It's the greatest.

« Reply #39 on: Sep 20, 2012, 11:44 PM »
Can't wait to see how this ends up looking.

Do you think the porter and the cook have no anecdotes, no experiences, no wonders for you? The walls of their minds are scrawled all over with thoughts.

They shall one day bring a lantern and read the inscriptions.

Sirus the Red

• Now with OM status! #802 (Sy-rus, not Sir-ius!)
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #40 on: Sep 21, 2012, 12:12 AM »
I just really like the sound. It's the greatest.

Agreed!

Ib'tuur jatne tuur ash'ad kyr'amur!
(Today is a good day for someone else to die!)

Armor WIP thread: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=52662.0

Weapon projects WIP thread
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=55824.15

deviantArt
http://argnarock.deviantart.com/

TracynSenaar

« Reply #41 on: Sep 23, 2012, 12:00 PM »
Can't wait to see how this ends up looking.

Thanks, me too :)

TracynSenaar

« Reply #42 on: Sep 26, 2012, 09:10 PM »
Here's my helmet so far, without bondo, to show how and where I sealed the dome and sides. There's also glue stuff under the ear caps.

and with bondo,

yes I know there's an area that I haven't covered in bondo on the dome, but I'll get it covered no worries. I'll be covering the cheeks and pretty much the whole thing with some sort of bondo. The white is sintra. It's glued there with krazy glue.

Karvas Dral

• Poodoo.
« Reply #43 on: Sep 26, 2012, 09:13 PM »
That's a lot of sanding in the near future for ya'  :laugh:
I'm happy to see progress though, your concept looks really cool.

TracynSenaar

« Reply #44 on: Sep 26, 2012, 09:20 PM »
That's a lot of sanding in the near future for ya'  :laugh:
I'm happy to see progress though, your concept looks really cool.

Sanding is my life, you should see the staff I made, sanding everyday.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!