Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Misha's Ice Mando Armor (Courtesy of Hydra!) - Updates Page 3

• 49 Replies

mishakitty

• Glitter'alor
  • glitter's effective if i GRIND IT INTO YOUR EYES
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Special Operations Brigade Member Order of the Ori'Ramikad
Hi All,

Some of you may have seen the post the lovely and talented miss Hydra made about her Ice inspired armor. I'm the lady who commissioned her to make it and I'm finally (mostly - can you ever be completely?) done with the kit and would like to post it here to share. Again, HUGE thank you to Hydra

First off - the helmet. After seeing Hydra's armor taking shape, I definitely wanted to go with a Night Owl inspired look as she was building it off of Bo Katan's kit. So I happened upon Falin's post that he was recasting his Night Owl in a new version. I hopped on that REAL quick and am super happy with what he sent.

My wonderful husband did all sorts of work on it trimming it down and sanding it. He also installed the ear caps and got it all ready to go for painting. He is also responsible for the paint job on it, which really impressed me (I know I know - I'm biased - but really he DID do a pretty good job) as he really managed to match Hydra's work quite nicely.

Front of bucket:

back of bucket:

« Last Edit: Mar 08, 2014, 10:44 PM by mishakitty » Logged

E.M.T.S. #1 ~ Founder ~ Glitter Faerie In Chief

Get Elegant: Join the Elegant Mando's Tea Society

Official Invasions: 67

Various upgrades and whatnot

Dral Kar'ta (Dar's GlitterHeart)

GreatSkyRiver Falco

• Haamyc ner nu'amyc
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
Re: Misha's Ice Mando Armor (Courtesy of Hydra!)
« Reply #1 on: Aug 21, 2012, 08:37 PM »
full kit pic on facebook looks awesome, great work!

OriKebiin'traYustapir
Victory, not vengence.
reality is a hologram created by our minds.
M.A.J.I.C # 008

mishakitty

• Glitter'alor
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Special Operations Brigade Member Order of the Ori'Ramikad
Re: Misha's Ice Mando Armor (Courtesy of Hydra!)
« Reply #2 on: Aug 21, 2012, 08:39 PM »
full kit pic on facebook looks awesome, great work!

Thank you so much! (Heh - I'm getting around to uploading them here but we're in the middle of a huge storm...going to try now!)

mishakitty

• Glitter'alor
Re: Misha's Ice Mando Armor (Courtesy of Hydra!) Full Kit Pics
« Reply #3 on: Aug 21, 2012, 08:46 PM »
So please excuse the fact that we had to take these last night in the middle of a bad storm (having one right now too!). They were shot in my bathroom which, oddly, kinda matches the kit. Anyway, I had so much fun putting this kit together. I think Hydra did an AMAZING job on the armor, and I assembled all the soft bits and such myself.

Here is a full body shot for you:

Here's the back, which I particularly love, because it was my first attempt at dyeing fabric. The original was gray - I dyed it ice blue to match and did the bottom a sort of subtle value scale. I'm really happy with the way it came out. I made the little hood and capelet too.

Full shot showing entire kit:

Requisite silly shot:

Hope you all like it! It was an...experience putting everything together. I'm REALLY happy with the boots - found them at Goodwill two days ago for $5! And just the overall look. The character is Nyc'tea Alba, named (here you go my fellow nature geeks) for the original Linnaeus genus name for the snowy owl, and the species name  for the barn owl).

Karvas Dral

• Poodoo.
Re: Misha's Ice Mando Armor (Courtesy of Hydra!) Full Kit Pics!
« Reply #4 on: Aug 21, 2012, 09:10 PM »
I'm in love with that helmet.
Whole kit is wonderful!

Kora

• Queen of the Winter Harvest
  • Awards Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #5 on: Aug 21, 2012, 10:12 PM »
Love it. ^_^

We have done the impossible, and that makes us mighty.
- Mal, "Firefly"

Kora Solusar/Tiika Ruslin/Vaya Sinar Mendrosč

Serim Merec

• A Moose...
« Reply #6 on: Aug 21, 2012, 10:52 PM »
This is a really awesome kit! Love it!

M.A.J.I.C #070 - We Die On Our Feet!
M.A. #007 - The first step is admitting it

TheMandoMan

• MMCC #0001
« Reply #7 on: Aug 21, 2012, 11:53 PM »
Wow, looks great!  I really love the gradients you used for the armor/cape!

"I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin', and hook up with them later." -Mitch Hedberg

Racin Kyram

• Mess with the Best, die like the Rest
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #8 on: Aug 22, 2012, 01:26 AM »
Holy cow...  :o   That is freak'in sweet!

Alta

« Reply #9 on: Aug 22, 2012, 01:29 AM »
Love it! Awesome job, all of you!

MMCC #707

GreatSkyRiver Falco

• Haamyc ner nu'amyc
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #10 on: Aug 22, 2012, 08:23 AM »
Cool 8)

OriKebiin'traYustapir
Victory, not vengence.
reality is a hologram created by our minds.
M.A.J.I.C # 008

Uneek Top'El

• I am back from the dead !!
« Reply #11 on: Aug 22, 2012, 08:34 AM »
Yep, AWESOME!!

MMCC OM # 625 M.A.J.I.C Member # 81 MA # 53 Taakure Clan !!
« Reply #12 on: Aug 22, 2012, 08:41 AM »
Amazing kit!!  Well done!!

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Hey there, hi there, ho there.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #13 on: Aug 22, 2012, 03:30 PM »
Only One this to say ......

VABS : M.A. #006  24er :  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

Ca'tal

• Clan Scyk
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Most invasions trooped in 2017 Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 25 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #14 on: Aug 22, 2012, 04:49 PM »
I think it looks great! Watched the progress pics Hydra posted and wondered where this was going. Look like it all came together really well. If I were to have any criticism at all it would be the color of the boots. Having one brown bit while everything else is gray or black really catches my eye, but I'm sure it's nothing you haven't thought of, and it's not like the boots can't be dyed darker. I also like what you did with the gloves, having the blue over black, that's sharp. Anyway, wish you much happy trooping in a wonderful kit. Go forth and get official!

“Morale is born of loyalty, patriotism, discipline, and efficiency, all of which breed confidence in self and in comrades…Morale is at one and the same time the strongest, and the most delicate of growths. It withstands shocks, even disasters of the battlefield, but can be destroyed utterly by favoritism, neglect, or injustice.”
-Dwight D. Eisenhower

My opinions are stated as my own. If you disagree with them feel free to disregard them. They are after all...opinions.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!