Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Celebration VI - Rosen Plaza Issues

• 70 Replies
Celebration VI - Rosen Plaza Issues
« on: Aug 26, 2012, 12:23 AM »
Just wondering if anyone else has been having problems with the Rosen Plaza? It just seems to be getting worse and worse.

« Last Edit: Sep 18, 2012, 07:32 AM by Biohazard » Logged
Revised Armor
Armor - 0%, Gauntlets - 5%, Helmet - 85%, Soft Goods - 50%

C1RCA

• name the target and it shall die
  • Awards Celebration Orlando 2017 Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
Re: Rosen Plaza Issues
« Reply #1 on: Aug 26, 2012, 12:28 AM »
can to elaborate ?

C

« Reply #2 on: Aug 26, 2012, 12:32 AM »
Just bad service. Employees not doing their job. Don't get me started on valet tonight. The past few days it has just gotten worse and worse. I didn't get a wake-up call Saturday, when I asked for one. Housekeeping never came back like I asked them to cause I was in the room at the time. I've never had so many problems with a hotel before.

Revised Armor

Dar'manda

• Official Membership revoked, see signature.
« Reply #3 on: Aug 26, 2012, 01:34 AM »
havent had a problem at all lol

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violations of the Mandalorian Mercs By-Laws.

Ohl'd Vart

• The PoL Cat
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Award for 25 official invasions. Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #4 on: Aug 26, 2012, 01:47 AM »
How about all those weirdo Star Wars fans roaming the hallways?  :laugh:
Rob

Judicial Incident Report Form (for anyone to report an issue): https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?action=form;n=34
"Let's never forget that we're here to have fun in this hobby, first and foremost; none of this spaceman suit stuff is real, and it means very little to the outside world. Never take yourself too seriously playing dress-up, because no one else does...it's all about perspective." - Ol'Varticus
« Reply #5 on: Aug 26, 2012, 01:56 AM »
lol
That was my issue with the valet folks, they were to busy watching those crazy Star Wars folks to get my car. lol

Being accused of things by the manager just wasn't sitting right with me. Well problem is solved, I just moved to the Rosen Center for the night.

Revised Armor

Cando Pax

• Legacy
  • Awards Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #6 on: Aug 26, 2012, 01:58 AM »
I've actually been seeing dozens of complaints on FB. Again, I'm really really hoping C7 won't be Florida again next year...I just doubt I'm that lucky.

« Reply #7 on: Aug 26, 2012, 02:08 AM »
What gets me really with CVI this year, is that CV was such a good event. Yet, so many things at the convention got done poorly. The best part was the totally cool Mercs Bunker though. I think of all the fan club showings the Mercs made a very good one. Perhaps the best of the event in my opinion.

Revised Armor

Cando Pax

• Legacy
  • Awards Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #8 on: Aug 26, 2012, 02:13 AM »
Well, I unfortunately was not able to make it this year...or to CV...or 4...simply because of financial issues that I plan on conquering before the next one...I just have no desire at all to have to go to Florida to attend it. Honestly I'd rather go like Chicago, LA, or even like Seattle, or well...honestly just not so far away, I live in Nevada, so traveling to East Coast is always a bit more expensive than traveling to somewhere on the West Coast.

Had I attended, I assure you the Hotel Manager and I would have had a lot of conversations. :)

Uloadus Vipera

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #9 on: Aug 26, 2012, 02:38 AM »
I'm really really hoping C7 won't be Florida again next year...I just doubt I'm that lucky.

Sorry to burst your Bubble but I was informed that the next one is in Florida.  They contracted with te Covention Center to do 3 of them here so well We will be heading back to Florida when CVII happens

And is it going to be next year have they said anything about it being next year

"I dont judge right or wrong.  I just do my job."

Cando Pax

• Legacy
« Reply #10 on: Aug 26, 2012, 03:06 AM »
Oh, I haven't heard anything about that. Most likely it will be two years from now. Just like this was. Of course a one year wait would be a lot more interesting than two :)

« Reply #11 on: Aug 26, 2012, 09:32 AM »
I'm kinda in the same boat, I'm a native of Florida. So having it in Florida is good for me, as would anywhere in the South East really. Why I've not gone to the ones before CV.

Revised Armor

Drak Fiurr Verda

• ...Mew...
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #12 on: Aug 26, 2012, 10:13 AM »
The main attraction to having it here in Orlando is all the extra stuff there is to do after the convention with it being such a tourist/entertainment driven city it really buffs up business across all boards. Either way I can't comment though on this year as I didn't attend due to work and school.

R.I.P Chris, aka Remo Jadd
BVC Command Email: bvclan@mandalorianmercs.com

Zophar Ptay

• Ba'buir'ika
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 40% increase or more Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #13 on: Aug 26, 2012, 10:22 AM »
The only reason i went was because of those other things.  We did two weeks at disney.  I'm not flying internationally cross-country for a weekend.  If we go, it had better be worth it in other things to do... I know we aren't the only ones who see it that way.

Late Crusader WIP

If it aint broke, fix it till it is.

Mar'eyce

• Ma-ray-shay
« Reply #14 on: Aug 26, 2012, 04:09 PM »
I had the opportunity to deal with the manger at the Rosen Plaza this afternoon. I went back to the room to rest and my key was not working...I went to the front desk to ask for assistance and the manager was called. He informed me(rather sternly) that since my name was not on the reservation he could not let me in the room. I was polite and explained that the person who reserved the room was at the convention center, but was  told that I would have to go fetch him so he could show his ID in person to desk clerk before they could let me in the room.

It was raining and my 9 year old daughter was hungry, tired and crying at this point. I understand the thinking behind the policy, but I still felt like the overall treatment I received was more rude than helpful.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!