Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Celebration VI - Rosen Plaza Issues

• 70 Replies

Peregrinus

• Ven'cuyi o'r ni'havlaam... >_>
Re: Rosen Plaza Issues
« Reply #45 on: Aug 28, 2012, 12:59 PM »
Let's maybe start working on the Rosen Center now. See if we can get a block that's an actual block, and on one of the lower floors, so we can maybe get one of the hospitality suites in or near the block so we can have a Mercs hang-out spot that doesn't involve the lobby or potentially too-small rooms (depending on how many people end up congregating). And maybe get the Fett actors there in the block, too. After all, Jeremy is Mand'alor now. ;)

I didn't have any "issues", per se, with the Plaza... Just a few irritating niggles -- not being able to use the luggage carts, the good but meagre spread at the Bash (and the $3.00 tiny glasses of soda), wifi issues... But they also were nothing but friendly and ultra-helpful with stuff I personally had going on. No less than four packages shipped to me at the hotel (yay last-second costume assembly), the lock for our first room was broken, and they got that sorted post-haste (see Kora's post for details). Didn't have anyone raise an eyebrow about my costume. *shrug* All things considered, though, my vote is definitely for the Rosen Center for C7.

--Jonah

MABEL #008

WIP "clearing house" posts:
Protector-themed v0.5 kit

Plus, guns:
Custom Westar-34
Merr-Sonn

Biohazard

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #46 on: Aug 28, 2012, 01:50 PM »
Rosen Center for sure.

But you watch... we'll get the Center, and Celebration VII will be in the East hall next time. :P

Chro

• Rebel Spy
  • Like lukewarm water.
  • Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Mobile Engineers Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #47 on: Aug 28, 2012, 02:18 PM »
My issues were with arranging transport, the hotel concierge shoved me over to the cab company they contract with as fast as possible, customer service be damned. That being said, Town and Country taxi (said company) were awesome.

Chro on FB    |    Wampa Clan Ver’alor    |    Podcast Team

DJon Ros

• Mando Merc #425 BLUE MOON CLAN
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #48 on: Aug 30, 2012, 08:55 PM »
Yeah. I cant get the internet to work for more than 5 minutes at a time and it is slow as hell. Plus everything is over priced. 14 dollars for a pizza? I work at tops and make pizzas every day...a pizza that size where i make them is about 7 dollars.....and that is our small. The large at tops will feed 4 people and is only 15 dollars. 3.75 for a soda?!

This alone has made my experience totally worthless

My internet barely had a signal. I'd spend almost 20-30 minutes trying to get logged on. The prices for cigs and other items was outragous too. We ended up walking too Walgreens and stocking up on items.

18 OFFICIAL INVASIONS & 8 UNOFFICIAL (Table or Handler)
#1 MMCC Patch Collector on 501st Collection db.
FORMER BMC RUSSALOR
BMC-OM#4
Mando Rider #0014-Merc Motorcycle Association
M.A.B.L.E. #032
B.O.M.B. #47
TK8854-MSG 501st Legion-ANH Stormtrooper
Celebration VI & VIII SURVIVOR

DJon Ros

• Mando Merc #425 BLUE MOON CLAN
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #49 on: Aug 30, 2012, 09:11 PM »
Plus, we had to call Maintance to fix the TV and unplug the drain in the shower.

Only got hassled once by security when we was headed for the Pool.

Everything was extremely overpriced. Soda Machine on 4th floor only took quarters.

Was the Merc block on the 4th floor? I spoke with Mercs who were put on 3rd and 8th floors. Seems like evryone was scattered.

18 OFFICIAL INVASIONS & 8 UNOFFICIAL (Table or Handler)
#1 MMCC Patch Collector on 501st Collection db.
FORMER BMC RUSSALOR
BMC-OM#4
Mando Rider #0014-Merc Motorcycle Association
M.A.B.L.E. #032
B.O.M.B. #47
TK8854-MSG 501st Legion-ANH Stormtrooper
Celebration VI & VIII SURVIVOR

Vult Tavik

• Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Boba and Jango
« Reply #50 on: Aug 31, 2012, 08:49 AM »
Plus, we had to call Maintance to fix the TV and unplug the drain in the shower.

Only got hassled once by security when we was headed for the Pool.

Everything was extremely overpriced. Soda Machine on 4th floor only took quarters.

Was the Merc block on the 4th floor? I spoke with Mercs who were put on 3rd and 8th floors. Seems like evryone was scattered.

Ya, we were on the 6th floor and didn't see any other Mercs around us even though I made my reservation within the block.

Haran Tracyn

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Beastmaster Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #51 on: Sep 02, 2012, 03:40 AM »
Honestly, everyone my boyfriend and I interacted with was pretty friendly. The biggest issue we had was transportation, apparently Plaza doesn't like the yellow cabs coming up to the hotel so we had to take a Town & Country car one day...guy insisted we get a round trip to Disney ($75) and then didn't show up at the agreed time. I tried calling his number multiple times and no luck, when I talked to the guy working the desk he said there was nothing they could do and wasn't very helpful in terms of solutions. The only other time we took those cars we got the same woman twice and she was very nice but I don't like the fact that they let people potentially do this on their property. We also booked a shuttle to Universal Studios one day and it never showed up, but that was free.
We weren't in the hotel much though, we basically went right from Celebration to Disney/Universal after I got out of my kit so maybe the minimal interaction helped.

Uloadus Vipera

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #52 on: Sep 03, 2012, 04:35 AM »
Yeah I can feel you all your guys pain I stayed at the Hyatt and i only had 4 bars for my internet the food they had for the free Contenntal Buffet was freshed cooked french toast, Hot Breakfast Sandwiches, Yogurt with all the trimmings Cereal and fresh fruit. The people was actually pleasant.  Im mean how crapy that was 

"I dont judge right or wrong.  I just do my job."
« Reply #53 on: Sep 03, 2012, 09:17 AM »
Yeah I can feel you all your guys pain I stayed at the Hyatt and i only had 4 bars for my internet the food they had for the free Contenntal Buffet was freshed cooked french toast, Hot Breakfast Sandwiches, Yogurt with all the trimmings Cereal and fresh fruit. The people was actually pleasant.  Im mean how crapy that was

I stayed home in my wonderful bed and ate food from my fridge. The only crappy service I got was my alarm clock deciding to go off earlier than planned.  :P Then again, I live here in Orlando.

"If you must know well picture this. Fifty billion rainbows and the sun is setting and the moon is setting also and you're there in a gazebo and then God descends from Heaven and gives you a million dollars. Take that feeling and put into a song"

"A moment seen through those eyes, crystal blue disguise. They say that all beauty must die. I say it just moves on."

Rokeim Gekla

• Hasn't defiled in a while
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Shock Infantry Brigade Member Order of the Ori'Ramikad Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #54 on: Sep 03, 2012, 09:22 AM »
Alrighty...so next mercs block is at Galvins house !

« Reply #55 on: Sep 03, 2012, 01:06 PM »
No problem! Im sure the neighbors would love it. "Why are there like....three hundred armed and dangerous looking men outside his house?"

"If you must know well picture this. Fifty billion rainbows and the sun is setting and the moon is setting also and you're there in a gazebo and then God descends from Heaven and gives you a million dollars. Take that feeling and put into a song"

"A moment seen through those eyes, crystal blue disguise. They say that all beauty must die. I say it just moves on."

Uloadus Vipera

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #56 on: Sep 08, 2012, 04:39 AM »
No problem! Im sure the neighbors would love it. "Why are there like....three hundred armed and dangerous looking men outside his house?"
[/quote

ok i will bring the keg

"I dont judge right or wrong.  I just do my job."

Mandalore the Uniter

• Herder of Cats
  • Uniting the Faithful.
  • Awards Celebration Chicago Celebration Orlando 2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #57 on: Sep 12, 2012, 08:06 AM »
I'm already working with the 501st LCO to try and get Mercs a room block at the Rosen Centre for CVII.  Between both Legions and the Mercs, we will probably fill up the entire hotel (no joke).  The 501st had over 60% of the hotel filled at CVI.

I will do absolutely everything I can to get the Centre for CVII, but it totally depends on how many rooms they can block out for us. 

I had an awesome sig once, till Photobucket killed it. *frownyface*

Lem'zig Dee

• WEAPON OF MASS PERCUSSION
  • Awards Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 50 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #58 on: Sep 12, 2012, 08:40 AM »
I'm already working with the 501st LCO to try and get Mercs a room block at the Rosen Centre for CVII.  Between both Legions and the Mercs, we will probably fill up the entire hotel (no joke).  The 501st had over 60% of the hotel filled at CVI.

I will do absolutely everything I can to get the Centre for CVII, but it totally depends on how many rooms they can block out for us. 

This would be EPIC!!!

IG  -  @mandodrummer1
FB  -  https://www.facebook.com/mandodrummer1
Band stuff IG - @tommyfrenzyrules
Band stuff FB - https://www.facebook.com/tommyfrenzyrules/

Cando Pax

• Legacy
  • Awards Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #59 on: Sep 12, 2012, 09:04 AM »
What if they decide it's not going to be in Orlando again?

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!