Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Celebration VI - Rosen Plaza Issues

• 70 Replies

Haran Tracyn

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Beastmaster Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
Re: Rosen Plaza Issues
« Reply #61 on: Sep 12, 2012, 09:45 AM »
What if they decide it's not going to be in Orlando again?
From what I heard they have a three event contract with the convention center, it would be strange if they had it somewhere else and then went back.
I could be wrong on that though.

Cando Pax

• Legacy
  • Awards Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #62 on: Sep 12, 2012, 10:21 AM »
From what I heard they have a three event contract with the convention center, it would be strange if they had it somewhere else and then went back.
I could be wrong on that though.

Interesting how they're asking everyone to fill out questioneers about where'd they'd like it to be next year...everyone hears a lot when it comes to all these conventions... :)

Kora

• Queen of the Winter Harvest
  • Awards Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #63 on: Sep 12, 2012, 02:12 PM »
The question wasn't so much "where would you like it to be next year" as it was "where would you be likely to attend a future Celebration." (Personally, I'm in the camp that thinks the next one will be in Orlando again, even if I'd prefer not, and after that it'll get moved.)

We have done the impossible, and that makes us mighty.
- Mal, "Firefly"

Kora Solusar/Tiika Ruslin/Vaya Sinar MendrosŤ

Biohazard

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #64 on: Sep 12, 2012, 03:02 PM »
They asked that same question on the CV follow up emails. I'm 99% sure that we'll have at least one more in Orlando. After that I'm expecting them to move to either Indianapolis or back to the west coast for a few conventions.

Solus Raam

• Sukwee Vawd
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions 267th Rapid Assault Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos
« Reply #65 on: Sep 12, 2012, 10:36 PM »
I had a pretty good experience there. We were on the 5th floor and had no issues. 1 of our keys didn't work right off the bat but they fixed it asap. I was a little disappointed that the pool closed at midnight but I guess that is most places. It was pretty epic running into Jeremy Bulloch in the lobby a few times and seeing Temuera in the gym.

Uloadus Vipera

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #66 on: Sep 18, 2012, 12:28 AM »
I will probally still stay at the Hyatt.  I enjoyed the guest services and I also liked the fact that I was able to get a great hot breakfast every morning for free,  I had no problem with the free internet and they had a decent gym and pool and was cheaper then most other hotels

"I dont judge right or wrong.  I just do my job."

Dar'manda

• Official Membership revoked, see signature.
« Reply #67 on: Sep 18, 2012, 12:30 AM »
I just wish we were all closer together. I was under the impression that if we got a "Mercs block" that they would be near eachother but that was incorrect lol

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violations of the Mandalorian Mercs By-Laws.

DJon Ros

• Mando Merc #425 BLUE MOON CLAN
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #68 on: Sep 18, 2012, 12:55 AM »
I just wish we were all closer together. I was under the impression that if we got a "Mercs block" that they would be near eachother but that was incorrect lol
I think many of us were under the same impression. We were scattered.

18 OFFICIAL INVASIONS & 8 UNOFFICIAL (Table or Handler)
#1 MMCC Patch Collector on 501st Collection db.
FORMER BMC RUSSALOR
BMC-OM#4
Mando Rider #0014-Merc Motorcycle Association
M.A.B.L.E. #032
B.O.M.B. #47
TK8854-MSG 501st Legion-ANH Stormtrooper
Celebration VI & VIII SURVIVOR
« Reply #69 on: Sep 18, 2012, 09:17 PM »
I've actually been seeing dozens of complaints on FB. Again, I'm really really hoping C7 won't be Florida again next year...I just doubt I'm that lucky.

Hi Cando

florida  has no  personal state income tax

lucas, reed employees, talent and LFL employees went home with nice amount of money

they will have to pay federal taxes and  resident state income taxes( if the state has one) on the  earned amount

Gatoma

• Thaxos's #1 Fan and has luposlipaphobia
Re: Celebration VI - Rosen Plaza Issues
« Reply #70 on: Nov 29, 2012, 11:27 AM »
I was at CVI although wasnt part of forum yet i had a nice expirenced with my dad brother and dad's friend. We stayed at a wyndham resort about 15 minutes away from convention the only bad thing was the private gorcery store there at high prices but we had fun expecially with the pool(s) (they had like 8 pools) they had a game room, excersize room, and nice service their.  and we drove to the convention and parked at the side of the convention with free parking and we toook a bus over to the main hall. 

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!