Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Valleycon 2012

• 9 Replies
Valleycon 2012
« on: Sep 16, 2012, 10:34 PM »
ValleyCon is the longest-running, most attended, largest festival of popular culture- featuring sci-fi, fantasy, horror, comics, gaming, anime and film & TV from Minneapolis to Seattle! ValleyCon also sponsors the Fargo-Moorhead Comic-Con, Gameday and other events to be announced!

ValleyCon is a NON-PROFIT EVENT; its host organization is Red River Science Fiction & Fantasy (R2SF2), a legal non-profit organization of Minnesota since 1987. ALL funds ValleyCon receives are put into running the event and donating to our various charities (which we have done for over 35 years!). For any information or clarification, please email or, better yet, attend our meetings! Email for current meeting schedule (as due to holidays, our regular 2nd Sunday of the month meeting time is not always possible). Email: conchairs@valleycon.com for more and consider joining us to help plan upcoming ValleyCons and other events!

Event is October 19-21st, 2012  38th annual
All day events held at Hjemkomst Center in Moorhead , MN
ALL evening events and party rooms will be located at the AmericInn (Moorhead , MN) and do not start until after 9pm

Event Website
http://www.valleycon.com/index.html

ValleyCon 38 Guests:

Kevin J. Anderson
Author Kevin J. Anderson has written 46 national bestsellers and has over 20 million books in print worldwide in thirty languages. He has been nominated for the Nebula Award, the Bram Stoker Award, and the SFX Readers' Choice Award.

Michael Aron
Actor from Star Trek Next Generation and Founder/Owner of Mojotown.com

Nicole DeBoer
Best known for Star Trek: Deep Space 9, The Dead Zone and Forever Knight

Todd Eliassen
Screenwriter whose works include The Black Donnellys, Hidden Hills, Teen Angel and Windfall.

Jose Figuero
Stunt/Action Director & actor, Martial Arts expert, instructor and choreographer.

Paul Fricke
Artist who co-created and self published the Trollords series

Dean Haglund
Dean is best known for his nine seasons playing Langly, one of the computer geeks known a "The Lone Gunmen" from the FOX TV series The X-Files, as well as from the spin-off series The Lone Gunmen.

Tiffany Johnson
Acclaimed psychic, Tiffany gives inspiration, insight and understanding into your ever-changing life.

Christopher Mihm
Filmmaker who created The Monster of Phantom Lake, It Came From Another World, Cave Women on Mars, Terror from Beneath the Earth, Destination: Outer Space, and Attack of the Moon Zombies.

Stephen Miller
Stephen Miller is a new presence in the role-playing game industry. He is the co-author of the Gaslight Victorian Fantasy Campaign Setting, the editor of Sherwood: The Legend of Robin Hood role-playing game, and co-author of the upcoming Darwin's Guide to the Mystical and Mundane, all published by Battlefield Press, Inc.

Joel "MOjo" Moen
Local artist who's works include Batman, Major Bummer, X-men Unlimited, and Night of the Living Dead: Barbara's Zombie Chronicles.

Rebecca Moesta
Author of Young Jedi Knights Series, Heirs of the Force, Jedi Under Siege, Darkest Knight, Jedi Bounty and many others.

Angelique Montag
Costuming expert-Steampunk/Ren Fest expert

Rhiannon Paille
Author of Integrated Intuition and a Metaphysical Therapist

Rich Shepardson
Game tester/designer/Ren Fest performer

Rudy Sigmund
ValleyCon founder and Edgar Rice Burroughs expert will be promoting 100 years of John Carter and Tarzan.

The Kamikaze Snowmen
The KAMIKAZE SNOWMEN have been making music (the term used loosely here) for roughly ten years. A KAMIKAZE SNOWMEN song can run the gamut from FOLK to FUNK, from SATIRE to SILLINESS. Utilizing the best in free recording technology and an array of instruments, the KAMIKAZE SNOWMEN try to keep things fresh and funny.

« Last Edit: Sep 16, 2012, 10:37 PM by Vilrodo » Logged
I kill Sith for their cookies :)

B.O.M.B. #32
B.E.A.R.D.S #90
MTS #41
MA #138
QMU Supporter #33

Thaxos

• Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
Re: Valleycon 2012
« Reply #1 on: Sep 17, 2012, 03:31 PM »
Members of Vhetin'Ade clan will be in attendance.

The Rules and Guides board has everything you need to learn how to utilize the forums!

Does your signature look cut off? Here's why!

Phelan Jusik

• Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #2 on: Oct 12, 2012, 11:35 PM »
I will be there all weekend Thaxos.

M5: #22
B.E.A.R.D.S. #052

Thaxos

• Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #3 on: Oct 13, 2012, 02:56 AM »
I will be there all weekend Thaxos.

Excellent

The Rules and Guides board has everything you need to learn how to utilize the forums!

« Reply #4 on: Oct 19, 2012, 09:08 AM »
well see ya guys in a few hrs i am off to do set up and stuff, yaahh finally here

I kill Sith for their cookies :)

B.O.M.B. #32
B.E.A.R.D.S #90
MTS #41
MA #138
QMU Supporter #33

Phelan Jusik

« Reply #5 on: Oct 19, 2012, 02:39 PM »
On my way down now only 1.5 our drive lol.

B.E.A.R.D.S. #052

Thaxos

« Reply #6 on: Oct 19, 2012, 08:43 PM »
Unfortunately I'm not going to be able to make it after all.  :(

Phelan Jusik

« Reply #7 on: Oct 21, 2012, 10:53 AM »
Sorry to hear it.  I had a great time and will be putting in my app pics tonight.

B.E.A.R.D.S. #052

Thaxos

« Reply #8 on: Oct 21, 2012, 03:41 PM »
Sorry to hear it.  I had a great time and will be putting in my app pics tonight.

Excellent news, fingers crossed you're good to go.

Phelan Jusik

« Reply #9 on: Oct 22, 2012, 01:07 PM »
App sent in now its nail biting time.

B.E.A.R.D.S. #052

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!