Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Grimlock, barabel mando and bounty hunter

• 9 Replies

Khor Mariik

• Dread on the wind, Death from the shadows.
  • Awards Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 50 official invasions. 40% increase or more 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
Grimlock, barabel mando and bounty hunter
« on: Oct 19, 2012, 05:41 PM »
Awesome!

I played a barabel bounty hunter in the WEG 2nd ed Star Wars RPG for several years. I recently brought him into SWRP in Second Life. I've been talking about and trying to figure a way to bring him into the Mercs. I think I just found a suitable mask that I can mod for the head and so can begin to bring Grimlock to life and resume his stellar career as a bounty hunter and now a Mandalorian Merc as well.

This will be a slow a build as funds are low and time is limited but he will come in to being. I should also be able to get him approved for Rebel Legion and 501st with perhaps just a vest change as he is an EU race and there have been barabel noted as bounty hunters and even jedi.

Pics soon of the maskand feedback welcomed. I'll need to get some boots with a slightly thicker sole for use here, but not Herman Munster boots. The added height of the boots and with the converted mask/head should put me between 6'4" and 6'6" (I'm 6'2" normally) and so should be a decent height for a barabel as they're big boys.

Here's some sample pics from various sources and pics of him from SL.

Not sure why they were shown red above other than the standard black might not have shown up well in the comic adaptation, but mine will be black and dark grays.

« Last Edit: Oct 19, 2012, 05:46 PM by Khor Mariik » Logged

Biohazard

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad
Re: Grimlock, barabel mando and bounty hunter
« Reply #1 on: Oct 19, 2012, 06:15 PM »
Definitely an ambitious build, but could turn out to be very interesting as well.

Kane Friax

• De vita discendum, non scholae
« Reply #2 on: Oct 19, 2012, 06:27 PM »
I'd LOVE to see this done.

how ya doin the hands? i know one picture of them shows a barabel with three fingers and a thumb but all the other pictures of them have 4 fingers and a thumb.

and the reason that one is red is because there are three skin colors among barabels: red, black and grey. i'd be more worried about the two canon pictures of green barabels, as their skin color doesn't abide by the info given on wookieepedia.

-Kane

24er!               Candy-Kane

Khor Mariik

• Awards Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 50 official invasions. 40% increase or more 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
« Reply #3 on: Oct 19, 2012, 08:20 PM »
Yeah, skin color changed with wookieepedia description, perhaps it was when Wizards bought the licensing and did their normal "Let's F**k with everything" thing. The original in WEG 2nd Ed RPG was described as black, cover in scales of keratin, though the drawing wasn't as good. No mention of other colors and my personal preference is black so I'm going with that.

Hands will be 4 fingers and thumb, maybe gloved, may try some kind of covering...we'll see. Also need a tail. Feet are normal enough for boots. Height is listed as 1.9-2.2 meters tall (roughly 6'2" to 7'2". They are strong as a wookiee and very resistant to damage from both physical and energy weapons. They could probably qualify for medium armor naked. lol. My barabel RPG character was a tank and very difficult to even slow down, stopping him really never happened and that was without running rampant over game balance. They are just really tough critters.

One of the toughest parts will be making a bucket that will fit over the mask. It'll have to be a scratch build as even an HBF mod will be too small. It'll be like wearing 2 helms, so his bucket will only be for some photo ops.

His weapons will be the same I use now, pair of SE-14r's and a T-21, very similar to what he had in my RPG.

Drax Mastruk

• FORGIVE YOUR ENEMIES... After they are all slain..
« Reply #4 on: Oct 20, 2012, 03:52 PM »
Will be watching this with extreme interest.

M.A.J.I.C. #065
M.A. #069

"Call to the gods if I cross your path, my silhouette hangs like a body bag. Hope is a moment now long past. The shadow of Death is the one I cast."

Zel Gret

• Keep your friends close, disintegrate your enemies
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #5 on: Oct 20, 2012, 04:43 PM »
I can't wait to troop with Grimlock!! :o

Dral Buurenaar

• Dralkotep Cyareakaan
« Reply #6 on: Oct 21, 2012, 03:04 AM »
This is interesting! Might i suggest that you look to the "Lizard Man" Mask from the recent Spiderman Movie for inspiration on making a more human proportioned Barabel head so you dont have to build a mammoth bucket to go over it......just a thought.

Ship: Burk'yc bora [Risky Business]
Co-pilot: N8-R10 [Nate Arten]
Manda'galaar / MA#045

Khor Mariik

« Reply #7 on: Mar 04, 2013, 07:13 PM »
Annal nathrak, uth vas bassad, dohiel dee envae.

Need to revive this thread.

Found a mask that should work for what I want, with some mods. Funds are very tight right now but I now also have time t work on some projects. Hopefully some progress pics will follow in the next few weeks.

Zel Gret

• Keep your friends close, disintegrate your enemies
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #8 on: Mar 04, 2013, 09:04 PM »
Can't wait to see it.

Rev0ix

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2013, 02:20 PM »
  I can see this being a very awesome costume when all is said and done, definitely one I'd like to see. As a thought for some material that may help because I've seen it a lot lately, maybe look into Worbla? It's apparently some sort of miracle material that I'd like to get hands on, but it may just be something useful in the build. Anyway, I will be keeping track of this with much anticipation.

The law is only a protection when everyone agrees to be bound by it. We don't.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!