Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

We Need Jetpack/Backpack Tutorials!

• 8 Replies

Biohazard

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad
We Need Jetpack/Backpack Tutorials!
« on: Dec 16, 2012, 01:05 PM »
Attention! We need good tutorials for jetpacks and backpacks! Got a great build thread from a long time ago? Got a neat project you're working on that could be turned into a tutorial? Post it up and let me know! I'd like to get a couple tutorials up in this section as soon as possible! The more help we can give newer people the better!

Send me a PM or respond here if you've got a thread in mind that you think could be added to the list!

Kebii'tra Verda

• Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017 Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 25 official invasions.
Re: We Need Jetpack/Backpack Tutorials!
« Reply #1 on: Dec 16, 2012, 03:01 PM »
MandalorianEwok has a great backpack tutorial here: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=33278.0

I may be doing a backpack for my Jaiden V4. If I do, I'll be sure to make it a tutorial for ya! :D

dAVid.

#0127a Kebii'tra Verda
267th Brigade "Remo's Raiders"
Above and Beyond

Byrek Avery

• I hunt the Bigger Fish.
« Reply #2 on: Dec 25, 2012, 11:43 PM »
I've made two separate hardpacks, but like everything else we do, I looked at something as what it COULD be, not what it IS. Would you like pictures of them to give examples to encourage people's creative license?

Designed by Haran Tracyn

Mercaholic: #52 24hr Member
Official Member #668
Byrek Avery's WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=47081.0

Uchu Raimusa

• Theres a price on your head & I've come to collect
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #3 on: Apr 10, 2013, 01:34 PM »
Just started a Bo Katan Jetpack for my wifes costume. Building it in the same fashion as a surfboard just not as many coats of glass. Will be a direct attach to her back armor with four Neodymium Disc Magnets under the armor and four in the pack with N/S opposing. Shouldnt be more than 5 lbs.  We will see how it goes. I'll post pics as i go.

« Reply #4 on: Apr 26, 2016, 11:04 AM »
I have a Boba Fett WIP on the Kyrimorut board and am currently working on the jetpack. Its slow going, but I could start a separate jetpack only thread here if that would help. Here's a link http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=109687.0

Choruk Kar'ta

• Aliit ori'shya tal'din
« Reply #5 on: Apr 27, 2016, 02:28 AM »
I have a Boba Fett WIP on the Kyrimorut board and am currently working on the jetpack. Its slow going, but I could start a separate jetpack only thread here if that would help. Here's a link http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=109687.0

would love to see it :)

Just started a Bo Katan Jetpack for my wifes costume. Building it in the same fashion as a surfboard just not as many coats of glass. Will be a direct attach to her back armor with four Neodymium Disc Magnets under the armor and four in the pack with N/S opposing. Shouldnt be more than 5 lbs.  We will see how it goes. I'll post pics as i go.

If its possible please make tutorial about the magnets :) that's the only thing that I'm seeing up to. connecting the pack with my back :(

Burc'ya vaal burk'yc, burc'ya veman

Darth_Vemon

• Crush your enemies, see them driven before you...
« Reply #6 on: Mar 16, 2017, 06:34 PM »

K'dumi haran doslanir bat vheh ures aranov.

Benjin "Farlander" Kov'nyn

Check out my fanfic:
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=130493.0

Cabur Akaata #49 M5SP #22 B.O.O.M. #21 Aluminati #46

Bowfanny

• When in doubt, be kind.
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #7 on: Jan 23, 2020, 10:07 PM »
Tutorials team-me- is gearing up to put together a clone backpack tutorial so as to help more folks be able to have more pack choices. I’m not sure how long it’s going to take to start and finish the project but it’s on my list of items to build next.

It is not who you are but the service you do for others that defines you.
QMU#084
« Reply #8 on: Feb 10, 2022, 10:53 PM »
I am currently in the design phase for making my jetpack but the concept will be heavy weapons orientated with a comms suite attached. Over the next week, i'll try to draw the concept out so it makes more sense. Im thinking missle launcher with reloads on one half, a comms antenna/display connected to the other half and finally a heavy power cable for repeating blaster or blaster cannon (go big or go home) attaching somewhere to provide power to the primary weapon. Im thinking 2' wide by 6-12" deep by probably 2' high.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!