Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Soft Parts Info List

• 0 Replies

Biohazard

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad
Soft Parts Info List
« on: Dec 16, 2012, 01:30 PM »
If you're looking for good tutorials, build threads, or general information on how to start building your soft parts, look no further. This is the main hub of all the best soft parts threads here. I've separated them out into sections to make it easier. I will be expanding this list as time moves on. See below if you want to add something to this list.

The soft goods are unfortunately one of the least worried-about parts of a Mandalorian costume. Most parts are readily available at surplus stores or online, so many people don't put as much time or effort into this aspect of their costume as they do their armor or helmet. The soft goods (boots, belts, flightsuits, capes) make up a very large percentage of the average Mandalorian costume and can be very tricky to put together. You have to worry sometimes about colors matching, making sure the same level of weathering or distressing is present on different items, and obviously size and fit are fairly standard - but don't always guarantee they'll work well for a costume. Some simple painting techniques and sandpaper can go a long way in making your kit stand out from the rest.

If there is a thread you think needs to be added to this list, please send me a PM here on the boards: [LINK]

We're compiling good example threads, tutorials, and resources in this thread. Please hit the [LINK] button above to send me a PM with links to your threads (or other's threads) that should be preserved here in this thread.

General Soft Goods
GreatSkyRiver's Leather Goods Tutorials
Flak Vest Pattern (TDH Link)
Girth Belt Tutorial

« Last Edit: Oct 15, 2013, 12:48 AM by Thaxos » Logged

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!