Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Might be the wrong place but are Jetboots an acceptable replacement for Jetpack?

• 5 Replies

Cass the Badazz

• Cassus "Cass" Verd'a
I was planning to build my first character as a Modern Era Bounty Hunter and he doesn't have a traditional Mandalorian Jetpack but more so a Cad Bane set up or  like in The Old Republic where the Bounty hunter class has Rocket boots at the beginning. I was planning on trying to make my character a bit unique but before I even get my hopes up I'd just want to see if that would fly with with your regulations and since i didn't see anything on the subject in there thought I'd post it here? Not sure if this counts for Jetpack or Boots section.

I would most likely have a backpack for a fuel source with hoses for the fuel leading from back pack along the length of my legs to fuel said rocketboots. Said hoses would be either concealed through the suit or fastened to the outside of the suit to prevent them from getting caught on stuff. Said Backpack would resemble a Snowtrooper Backpack though where the powercell would be a fueltank would be in it's place. BTW looking at the Visual Dictionary.

« Last Edit: Dec 18, 2012, 02:41 PM by Cass the Badazz » Logged
Modern Character: Merrilion "Merl" Garth
Post ROTJ Modern Character: Aeron Garth
Crusader Character: Cassus "Cass" Verda

Boz Ving

• The Hero of Jakku
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Award for 10 official invasions. 267th Rapid Assault Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
Jet boots are perfectly acceptable for a Modern Era kit. However, you will still need some form of back covering (back plate, back pack, or cape).

"The armor I wear is 500 years old. I reforged it to my liking, but the battles, the history, the blood, all lives within it, and the same goes for every Mandalorian."-Sabine Wren

Cass the Badazz

• Cassus "Cass" Verd'a
Great.  ;D And like I put in my edited post I was planning on having a Snowtrooper-esqe Backpack to carry the fuelsource.

Modern Character: Merrilion "Merl" Garth
Post ROTJ Modern Character: Aeron Garth
Crusader Character: Cassus "Cass" Verda

Gel'ren Drask

• Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 75 official invasions. Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 50 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions
I though about doing jet boots and couldn't think of anything to make them look right, but you aren't me and might be able to figure out something clever.

My biggest issue would have been the costumers old adversary: stairs.  Protrusions off the back of your boots would be something to get used to before tackling stairs, lest they tackle you.

Gel'ren "Mercelangelo" Drask Firestorm Clan
E.M.T.S #40
B.E.A.R.D.S #23

Kane Friax

• De vita discendum, non scholae
if you want some good jet boots to reference, Ithica made an awesome set, which you can likely find in the Force Hunter Brigade section.

-Kane

24er!               Candy-Kane

Byrek Avery

• I hunt the Bigger Fish.
if you want some good jet boots to reference, Ithica made an awesome set, which you can likely find in the Force Hunter Brigade section.

-Kane

Ithica probably has the best pair out there at the moment, although some other guys in the FHB have some nice ones too.

Designed by Haran Tracyn

Mercaholic: #52 24hr Member
Official Member #668
Byrek Avery's WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=47081.0

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!