Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Kelan Ord Mandalorian Protector [hopefully]

• 104 Replies

Kelan Ord

• Mando McConaughey
  • Awards 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member Legends of Mandalore Brigade Award for 25 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
Re: Kelan Ord Mandalorian Protector [hopefully]
« Reply #15 on: Jan 13, 2013, 10:53 AM »
Looks pretty decent except....

...  tell me, please, that the primary color on the helmet isnt gray :(    I see green splatters on  there, and the splatters are far more green looking than the helmet primary..

Nope, not grey. More like an olive drab... In fact the color is Krylon Italian Olive.

Rokeim Gekla

• Hasn't defiled in a while
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Shock Infantry Brigade Member Order of the Ori'Ramikad Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #16 on: Jan 13, 2013, 11:02 AM »
Curse the artificial lighting !    Alrighty then :)   

Kelan Ord

• Mando McConaughey
  • Awards 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member Legends of Mandalore Brigade Award for 25 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #17 on: Jan 13, 2013, 11:13 AM »
Curse the artificial lighting !    Alrighty then :)   

Yep, the lighting in the shop is awful... I'll try and get pics with natural lighting as soon as possible...!!

Hondo Karr

• Awards Team Player - 1 of 2 Official Members who are best Matching Pair Award for 25 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #18 on: Jan 13, 2013, 11:24 AM »
Did you go with pumkin orange (   :-[ ) or Caution Yellow (  8) )?

Kelan Ord

• Mando McConaughey
« Reply #19 on: Jan 13, 2013, 11:29 AM »
Did you go with pumkin orange (   :-[ ) or Caution Yellow (  8) )?

The orange is called True Orange I think...

Ca'tal

• SCYK CLAN
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Most invasions trooped in 2017 Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 25 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #20 on: Jan 13, 2013, 08:18 PM »
Looks good. I actually like that orange a lot better than the Pumpkin orange.

“Morale is born of loyalty, patriotism, discipline, and efficiency, all of which breed confidence in self and in comrades…Morale is at one and the same time the strongest, and the most delicate of growths. It withstands shocks, even disasters of the battlefield, but can be destroyed utterly by favoritism, neglect, or injustice.”
-Dwight D. Eisenhower

My opinions are stated as my own. If you disagree with them feel free to disregard them. They are after all...opinions.

Kelan Ord

• Mando McConaughey
« Reply #21 on: Jan 13, 2013, 09:07 PM »
Looks good. I actually like that orange a lot better than the Pumpkin orange.

Thanks!! It's actually Krylon Mandarin...!

Here's what I have... Did a bit of black/brown washing... Turned out pretty good I think...!

*Crappy shop lighting again... Once I finished it was already dark outside...

Ze bucket...

Had to try this bad boy out...

So there you go... I think it's coming along pretty well...!

Rokeim Gekla

• Hasn't defiled in a while
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Shock Infantry Brigade Member Order of the Ori'Ramikad Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #22 on: Jan 13, 2013, 09:19 PM »
Wunderbar !  Bravo !

Now to get the rest of it done ;)

Kelan Ord

• Mando McConaughey
« Reply #23 on: Jan 13, 2013, 09:27 PM »
Wunderbar !  Bravo !

Now to get the rest of it done ;)

Yes sir!!!

Uneek Top'El

• I am back from the dead !!
« Reply #24 on: Jan 14, 2013, 07:21 PM »
Awesome vod!! the lighting makes all the difference!!  8)

MMCC OM # 625 M.A.J.I.C Member # 81 MA # 53 Taakure Clan !!

Kelan Ord

• Mando McConaughey
« Reply #25 on: Jan 18, 2013, 10:10 AM »
Took the plates for a little "road test" (meaning walking around in my living room, and shooting pics in the mirror)...

I bought some beige/tan canvas the other day, I'll make another cape and use some snap buttons to fasten it, that I'll be able  to keep the white one and switch between the two when I want...!! Should work on that this Saturday... (I really miss my girlfriend who's on vacation with her family, but MAN does it give time to build and work on my stuff!!!)

Uneek Top'El

« Reply #26 on: Jan 20, 2013, 06:25 PM »
Man,this is looking Great vod, you are setting the bar high my friend!! Any new progress??

Kelan Ord

• Mando McConaughey
« Reply #27 on: Jan 20, 2013, 06:37 PM »
Man,this is looking Great vod, you are setting the bar high my friend!! Any new progress??

Tiny bit of progress... Made a new half cape (sort of a khaki color) still have to weather it... It has snap buttons, which I also put on my white cape, so I can switch between the two...! Made few mods on the vest (nothing really apparent). Started working on my Boba thog... Yay (not)...!

And had a bit of a set back too... I need to re-shape the top of my back plate. It pulls away from my upper shoulder/neck... Not that bad, only thing is I already "glued" the velcro in there... I guess I'm gonna have to remove it... That thing is pretty expensive... Ugh... *sigh

Should have some pics tomorrow night...!!

Uneek Top'El

« Reply #28 on: Jan 20, 2013, 07:54 PM »
if not for set backs and retrys our kits would be boring builds  :laugh: good luck vod !!

Uneek Top'El

« Reply #29 on: Feb 18, 2013, 06:19 PM »
Could you tell me the dimensions of your cape please, making one tonight , and i want it to be right the first time !! Thanks vod !!  8)

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!