Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Mandalorian Protectors discussion (archived)

• 14 Replies

Rokeim Gekla

• Hasn't defiled in a while
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Shock Infantry Brigade Member Order of the Ori'Ramikad Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
Mandalorian Protectors discussion (archived)
« on: Jan 18, 2013, 09:05 AM »
(Formerly home to the MP BRL)

Fenn Beviin

• Instagram: mythos_fenn_shysa
  • Awards Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member
Re: Brigade Requirement List - Mandalorian Protectors
« Reply #1 on: Mar 21, 2016, 12:43 PM »
So here is a question... With the addition of  Mandalorian Protectors in Star Wars Rebels... will the official logo for this brigade be changing to this, or what is the plan here?

"Try not to become a man of success, but a man of value."

Instagram: mythos_fenn_shysa

Fenn Shysa WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=80765.0
Montross Pistol: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=53864.30
SEE-5 blaster pistol and misc blasters:
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=110659.msg1820500
Modified EE-3: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=92880.0

Ashen Kelborn

• Awards 267th Rapid Assault Special Weapons TCW and Rebels Canon Mandalorians Special Operations Brigade Member Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #2 on: Mar 22, 2016, 11:39 AM »
So here is a question... With the addition of  Mandalorian Protectors in Star Wars Rebels... will the official logo for this brigade be changing to this, or what is the plan here?

Logical answer that allows people to keep their kit as it is and a Protector would be no, it wouldn't change.
Additionally the canon pilots do not fit this BRL either, so as its for the pilot unit in a canon fashion BRL only. 

Fenn Beviin

• Instagram: mythos_fenn_shysa
  • Awards Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member
« Reply #3 on: Mar 22, 2016, 12:43 PM »
Perfect. I don't think my stencil game is on par yet for adding a new logo...

"Try not to become a man of success, but a man of value."

Instagram: mythos_fenn_shysa

Fenn Shysa WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=80765.0
Montross Pistol: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=53864.30
SEE-5 blaster pistol and misc blasters:
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=110659.msg1820500
Modified EE-3: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=92880.0

Kol Hokan

• Armor does not make a warrior, spirit does.
  • Awards Special Weapons Award for 75 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #4 on: Mar 22, 2016, 06:34 PM »

The logo will not be changing.  The Protector Brigade is rooted in Legends, and will remain so. The new Protectors will be part of the TCW/Rebels Canon Brigade until there is significant crossover to warrant merging the two Brigades.

Alex Cole .... Clan: Concordia .... CAT#: 0787 .... Brigade#: 278
Concordia Clan Ruus'alor Sol'yc 2019
Concordia Clan Tra'alor 2019
Concordia Clan Ruus'alor 2018
Concordia Clan Alor'ad 2013-2016
Brigade Marshal 2014-2016
501st: BH-11628 .... TDE: #175 .... RL: Resistance Pilot - Screaming Porgs Squadron

Ca'tal

• SCYK CLAN
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Most invasions trooped in 2017 Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #5 on: Jan 05, 2017, 11:07 AM »
Got some questions here as to a few things that have been added since way back in the day when PJ and I were working on these.

Closed-back kama may be worn. Must be same material and weathering as cape

There's no reference for this as far as I'm aware, and I'm pretty aware when it comes to protectors. Something new?

Boot-Wraps: Weathered fabric strips may be used as boot wraps.

Again, reference?

Trophies: No less than 2, no more than 4.  Trophies may include: Wookiee scalps, damaged lightsabers, Death Watch Chest Diamonds.  Additional trophies may be used at discretion of the Brigadier.

Just to clarify, IF you have trophies, you MUST have at least two. BUT, if you chose not to have trophies, you can not have any at all. Correct?

All plates should be weathered liberally with scratches, paint flaking, and dings.

What about kits like mine that are the Marvel Comic style that don't have weathering?

“Morale is born of loyalty, patriotism, discipline, and efficiency, all of which breed confidence in self and in comrades…Morale is at one and the same time the strongest, and the most delicate of growths. It withstands shocks, even disasters of the battlefield, but can be destroyed utterly by favoritism, neglect, or injustice.”
-Dwight D. Eisenhower

My opinions are stated as my own. If you disagree with them feel free to disregard them. They are after all...opinions.
« Reply #6 on: Jan 06, 2017, 12:45 AM »
Got some questions here as to a few things that have been added since way back in the day when PJ and I were working on these.

There's no reference for this as far as I'm aware, and I'm pretty aware when it comes to protectors. Something new?

Again, reference?

Just to clarify, IF you have trophies, you MUST have at least two. BUT, if you chose not to have trophies, you can not have any at all. Correct?

What about kits like mine that are the Marvel Comic style that don't have weathering?

I'm probably wrong vod, but I'm thinking the Kama and boot wraps is based on mythos boba

Ashen Kelborn

• Awards 267th Rapid Assault Special Weapons TCW and Rebels Canon Mandalorians Special Operations Brigade Member Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #7 on: Jan 06, 2017, 02:26 AM »

I'm probably wrong vod, but I'm thinking the Kama and boot wraps is based on mythos boba

I'd say you're right on that one

Cape, leg wraps, knife, trophies Example

Dha Bral

• Vindicated.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Legends of Mandalore Brigade Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months 2016 EnviroOps
« Reply #8 on: Jan 09, 2017, 06:01 AM »

Again, reference?

There will be clarification to come on the animated protector. If you were to make changes to your kit prior to official amendments and updates, I would advise you stay within the source material- specifically marvel comics in your case.
The Mythos gear additions were made during the time when the amendments to the BRL were made and  the marvel comics version of thr MP was not taken into consideration as contradicting the existing BRL. I will say that the marvel version of the MP (Spar) did have wookiee scalps in some cases, so I may pencil those to your to-do list of brigade upgrades, but I will need to discuss this further. The weathering will likely not be required of course, but I will clarify here shortly. This is now a priority for me.

« Last Edit: Jan 09, 2017, 06:32 AM by Dha Bral » Logged
It's spelled "Canon", not "Cannon".

Mi'ix

• Ideals are peaceful. History is violent.
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Boba and Jango 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Celebration Orlando 2017 Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member
« Reply #9 on: Jan 09, 2017, 09:22 AM »
I will keep an eye on this and make changes should they be needed.

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

Mandalorian Mercs Brigade Application Form

BH/TI 65041

Tra'cor Clan || M.V.S. #41|| M.A.B.E.L. #60 || 65 Official Invasions

Dha Bral

• Vindicated.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Legends of Mandalore Brigade Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months 2016 EnviroOps
« Reply #10 on: Jan 09, 2017, 10:00 AM »
I will keep an eye on this and make changes should they be needed.

The changes wouldn't have an effect the current protectors.

Mi'ix

• Ideals are peaceful. History is violent.
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Boba and Jango 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Celebration Orlando 2017 Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member
« Reply #11 on: Jan 09, 2017, 10:16 AM »
Ok.

Thanks, Dha.

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

Mandalorian Mercs Brigade Application Form

BH/TI 65041

Tra'cor Clan || M.V.S. #41|| M.A.B.E.L. #60 || 65 Official Invasions

Ca'tal

• SCYK CLAN
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Most invasions trooped in 2017 Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #12 on: Jan 16, 2017, 12:17 AM »
Ok, so here's the problem as I see it. The Mythos kit would NOT be a MP kit. It's an alternate Boba kit. There is a difference since Boba's kit has elements that an MP would not have. The Mythos kit would be a "what-if" after he either was or wasn't an MP (depending on what history if any is ever decided on that front).

The whole thing is a trainwreck mismatch of bits. Prepro 1 helmet (as per the jaig eyes), SE gauntlets (both red) but with an ESB flame thrower, ankle knife, saber trophies, RotJ ammo pouches, an added leather satchel pouch on his left side, no big pouches...the list goes on. That's one that should stand on its own and not be included here for setting BRLs.

We had an example of something similar when we were writing all this up and researching it the first time around. The Fenn Shysa action figure. It's a straight up repaint of Jango and isn't even close to the original visual reference. Because of that, we didn't include the inaccuracies as part of the requirements. That kit needs to be moved to the Boba section for someone who want to replicate it exactly, but not here.

“Morale is born of loyalty, patriotism, discipline, and efficiency, all of which breed confidence in self and in comrades…Morale is at one and the same time the strongest, and the most delicate of growths. It withstands shocks, even disasters of the battlefield, but can be destroyed utterly by favoritism, neglect, or injustice.”
-Dwight D. Eisenhower

My opinions are stated as my own. If you disagree with them feel free to disregard them. They are after all...opinions.

Dha Bral

• Vindicated.
« Reply #13 on: Feb 10, 2017, 11:22 PM »
Ok, so here's the problem as I see it. The Mythos kit would NOT be a MP kit. It's an alternate Boba kit. There is a difference since Boba's kit has elements that an MP would not have. The Mythos kit would be a "what-if" after he either was or wasn't an MP (depending on what history if any is ever decided on that front).

The whole thing is a trainwreck mismatch of bits. Prepro 1 helmet (as per the jaig eyes), SE gauntlets (both red) but with an ESB flame thrower, ankle knife, saber trophies, RotJ ammo pouches, an added leather satchel pouch on his left side, no big pouches...the list goes on. That's one that should stand on its own and not be included here for setting BRLs.

We had an example of something similar when we were writing all this up and researching it the first time around. The Fenn Shysa action figure. It's a straight up repaint of Jango and isn't even close to the original visual reference. Because of that, we didn't include the inaccuracies as part of the requirements. That kit needs to be moved to the Boba section for someone who want to replicate it exactly, but not here.
Working on clarification vod.

Ca'tal

• SCYK CLAN
« Reply #14 on: Feb 22, 2017, 03:01 PM »
What's the word?

-Dwight D. Eisenhower

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!