Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Vult Tavik's Jango Fett (Pic Heavy)- COMPLETE!

• 83 Replies

Vult Tavik

• Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Boba and Jango
Vult Tavik's Jango Fett (Pic Heavy)- COMPLETE!
« on: Feb 06, 2013, 10:51 AM »
I will continue to update my beloved Vult Tavik kit, but the Cosplay bug has bitten me more than any single kit can support. I have several other costumes in the works, but after meeting Temura Morrison at CVI this year- I knew that I wanted a Jango Fett. This is also a kit I wanted to make with the best materials/ components available. I knew going into this that it was going to be a very expensive undertaking, so I made a deal with my wife that I would sell stuff from my other hobbies (guitar collection mainly) to offset the cost- and it's a good thing I did since I am now at $4k invested into this bad boy. So here we go:

The shopping List:
1. HELMET: Cruzer BKBT
2. FLIGHTSUIT: Bleahhh
3. FLACKVEST: LSFU
4. GLOVES: Amazon
5. GAUNTLENTS: MOW with Darkside aluminum upgrades.
6. CHEST AMOR: Cruzer CC
7. BACK ARMOR: Cruzer CC
8. SHOULDER BELLS: Cruzer CC
9. COD: Cruzer CC
10:THIGH ARMOR: Cruzer CC
11.SHIN ARMOR: Cruzer CC
12.BOOT ARMOR: Cruzer CC
13.HOLSTERS: Cruzer
14.AMMO BELT: SEEKER
15.GIRTH BELT: making it myself following Cruzers WIP and ebay bolo supplier 
16.BOOTS: Crow62 Repro's
17.STANDARD JET PACK: MOW Z-6 (Kamino paint) & Dark Side Light Beacon
18.WESTAR PISTOLS: Master Replicas
19. Knee Armor: Dark Side CC Run ??
20. JET PACK HARNESS: Seeker
21. RF Servo- Sgtski (& Brother Kyle)

I don't want to do a 100% full WIP like I already have on TDH, but if anyone has any questions about how I did a certain thing- just ask. I will go into great detail and take additional pictures if needed to explain anything you need.

1st Item came from ebay:

Then the rest started to arrive:

I cleaned up and started the Jetpack assembly:

With some more painting done:

I made my own girth belt under Cruzer's guidance:

I "weathered" my Crow62 Repro Jango boots"

Then I added my buttons for the armor:

A secret I learned for keeping the flight suit tucked under the shoe armor was to sew an elastic band and snap it to the top of the boot (under the armor):

The rest of the leg armor is attached with epoxying the "female" snaps inside the armor pieces and having elastic retaining straps run through button holes I had sewn into my flight suit to create this look:

Pointoforigin

• Pointy Stick Wielder
  • Mukal Warosi
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad
Re: Vult Tavik's Jango Fett
« Reply #1 on: Feb 06, 2013, 11:01 AM »
I like all of these things.

Re: Vult Tavik's Jango Fett
« Reply #2 on: Feb 06, 2013, 11:25 AM »
Following this with interest...

“There’s no point being grown-up if you can't be childish sometimes.” – The Fourth Doctor

Aliit ori’shya tal’din -"Family is more than blood"

Vult Tavik

• Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Boba and Jango
Re: Vult Tavik's Jango Fett (Pic Heavy)
« Reply #3 on: Feb 06, 2013, 05:06 PM »
I just found the "Canon" armor section which is where this should really be. Can a mod please move it there for me?
Thanks!

Tracyn Ordo

• THE NZ Bounty Hunter
  • Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #4 on: Feb 06, 2013, 05:19 PM »
You sure ain't doing this by halves! This is going to be one sweet kit when complete!

Vhett Naast

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Best Newbie - Official Member in last 12 months with best costume Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #5 on: Feb 06, 2013, 05:21 PM »
Good work!  8)

« Reply #6 on: Feb 07, 2013, 12:16 AM »
I am so stealing that snap under the armor trick, great way to cover the top laces and keep the flight suit down.

“There’s no point being grown-up if you can't be childish sometimes.” – The Fourth Doctor

Aliit ori’shya tal’din -"Family is more than blood"

Pesh 'katar

• Ke nu'jurkadir sha Mando'ade...
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #7 on: Feb 07, 2013, 10:00 AM »
Damn this looks good... Nice work, Vult, nice work indeed...

OM #0885

BLUE MOON CLAN Official Member #11

Lem'zig Dee

• The Motörlorian
  • Awards Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 50 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #8 on: Feb 07, 2013, 10:09 AM »
Check your thigh plates, vod.  http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/File:JangoFett-OP.jpg  He looks to have the "swoop" on the outside.  My friend in the 501st has his like this picture.

Looking good, though!

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Hey there, hi there, ho there.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #9 on: Feb 07, 2013, 03:07 PM »
Looking cool vod ;)

VABS : M.A. #006  24er :  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

Cyare Kebii'tra

• Wild_Muppen
« Reply #10 on: Feb 07, 2013, 05:32 PM »
Wow, that's amazing. Could you explain how you made the girth belt in more detail? It's outstanding.  :o

Jimmy BufFETT

• Yes ... I escaped.
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Boba and Jango Is That Real? is the award for the best non-photoshopped scenic photo.
« Reply #11 on: Feb 07, 2013, 06:34 PM »
Quite an impressive list you've got there!

"Commitment drives you to climb your way out of the darkest pit and adds greater clarity to the word 'REVENGE'."

Kelan Ord

• Mando McConaughey
  • Awards 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member Legends of Mandalore Brigade Award for 25 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #12 on: Feb 07, 2013, 08:36 PM »
Check your thigh plates, vod.  http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/File:JangoFett-OP.jpg  He looks to have the "swoop" on the outside.  My friend in the 501st has his like this picture.

Looking good, though!

The swoop seems to be on the outside... He's got it right.

Tact Kor

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Deadly Alliance is the award for the most badass group pic. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #13 on: Feb 07, 2013, 08:42 PM »
This looks great, but please keep atleast one Martin or Taylor, it's good for the soul  ;)

Gaht Kyr'bes Clan

M.T.S. #022 - Mando Up

M.A. #089 - The first step is admitting it

Manbrolorian

• I have a cannon. Your backstory is irrelevant.
« Reply #14 on: Feb 07, 2013, 09:13 PM »
@_@ Following this.

This is gonna be bad-shebs.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!