Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Jetpack WIP

• 9 Replies

Wez

Jetpack WIP
« on: Feb 25, 2014, 11:54 PM »
This is my initial plan for the jetpack with rocket. The smaller pvc tube (rocket) can move and be removed from the larger tube. I plan on putting some lights, dials, hoses and gauges on the pack frame. Before final paint am going to cover in one piece of cardboard to make it seem smooth and seamless by covering up the ducttape lines. The box it is made from is a LEGO Mandalorian Kom'rk class fighter.  8)

« Last Edit: Mar 24, 2014, 08:10 PM by Wez » Logged

Wez

Re: Jetpack WIP
« Reply #1 on: Mar 01, 2014, 10:43 PM »
hmm, no input.  8) Must be awesome. lol

« Last Edit: Mar 24, 2014, 08:20 PM by Wez » Logged

Carid Vhett

• M.A.#048. YNWA
  • Awards Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Award for 25 official invasions.
Re: Jetpack with rocket
« Reply #2 on: Mar 03, 2014, 08:05 PM »
The duct tape and carboard wont fly, and you will be dinged on the quality clause. Make it from Sintra or something like it, and put more work into it.

I understand, no prisoners, only trophies
Death is always smiling at you, it is only polite to smile back.
Mhi kisol, mhi briikase kisol, mhi tsad be vode.
Keep Moving Forwards - Monty Oum

Tor'dola Magnus

• Nothing runs... like my Bounty
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions.
Re: Jetpack with rocket
« Reply #3 on: Mar 03, 2014, 08:16 PM »
The duct tape and carboard wont fly, and you will be dinged on the quality clause. Make it from Sintra or something like it, and put more work into it.
This is my initial plan for the jetpack with rocket.

...Carid, He's asking if he has a good start...

It IS a good start.  I'd recommend finding some fittings that look a bit more like thrusters.  Also building up the BODY before you get to adding on the fuel tanks and rocket.  it will help in keeping the weight down.  If you continue building on what you have now, you WILL be using a bit of glass and bondo, so anything you can do to keep the weight as low as possible, your back will be very thankful for in the future.

Oyacyir de balac, kar'taylir darasuum de gaanader, kyr'amur de bora
"LIVE by chance... LOVE by Choice... KILL by Profession"

E.M.T.S. #083
MAD:036
M.A. #098

ForceHunter WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=63712.0

Wez

« Reply #4 on: Mar 07, 2014, 03:02 AM »
Thanks for all the input to be considered. I am going to hit up the local flea market this weekend for stuff with gauges and meters for the main body. Regardless of the material it is built out of and the possible weight: NO PAIN NO GAIN.  8)

« Last Edit: Mar 24, 2014, 08:20 PM by Wez » Logged

Wez

« Reply #5 on: Mar 24, 2014, 08:10 PM »
Score: found an old dell hard drive in the trash on the way home to strip for parts: fans, metal plates, etc.

« Last Edit: Mar 24, 2014, 08:19 PM by Wez » Logged

ConDar Ward

• Al'jurir be Ori'ramikad
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #6 on: Mar 24, 2014, 08:53 PM »
Interesting Direction .....  :-X

Do you have a Design in mind ? or are you Just Steampunking it ?

I'm Curious to See Where this Goes ...  ;)

MMCC-#0059 /M.A.- 001 /M.A.D.- 067 /ALUMINATI -013
 Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum - Remo Jadd - 0267

Wez

« Reply #7 on: Mar 24, 2014, 09:30 PM »
Once I find enough gadgets: mainly a fan, vent, temperature gauge, fuel gauge, possibly some indicator lights and a plug for the flame thrower I am building, which you can see in my weapons WIP thread. Going to cover over all that masking tape covered box with one piece of hard plastic to make the pack seem smooth. After all that is in place and I am satisfied with it, painting the pack and pvc pieces. Did not think of it in that way, but steampunking it sounds good. Then make a strong enough pvc frame to support it when worn on my back.

« Last Edit: Mar 24, 2014, 09:33 PM by Wez » Logged

ConDar Ward

• Al'jurir be Ori'ramikad
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #8 on: Mar 24, 2014, 10:09 PM »
Once I find enough gadgets: mainly a fan, vent, temperature gauge, fuel gauge, possibly some indicator lights and a plug for the flame thrower I am building, which you can see in my weapons WIP thread. Going to cover over all that masking tape covered box with one piece of hard plastic to make the pack seem smooth. After all that is in place and I am satisfied with it, painting the pack and pvc pieces. Did not think of it in that way, but steampunking it sounds good. Then make a strong enough pvc frame to support it when worn on my back.

That Sounds Very ambitious .....  ;D

I have a few Questions ..

1) Do you want this to be a Fun Build ? :rolleyes:
 2)How long do you want this pack to last ?

or is this your " I'm Going to learn everything at Once Project "

If I were you .....

1) I would Sketch a Rough plan ...
 2) then Build the Body .... Frame first ...

You will save yourself a lot of Grief if you Work smart ... not hard .. ;)

I love your Passion , and You seem to have a lot of Good Ideas
Some of which may not be necessary right off the Bat ..

I'd also pay close attention to the Fit of the Harness
and the method of Attachment to your Kit ...

Good luck with your Build ...

MMCC-#0059 /M.A.- 001 /M.A.D.- 067 /ALUMINATI -013
 Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum - Remo Jadd - 0267

Wez

« Reply #9 on: Mar 24, 2014, 10:32 PM »
Thanks for the input. I am taking my time with the build for this, armor, weapons, etc. All my WIP builds have been fun and for sure built to last. I line up the pieces, see how they look visually before installing to be permanent. If for any reason it does not look right, I go for other positioning. I do not want the pack to look too busy and cluttered with stuff. As they say; less is more.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!