Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Kiriath's New Jetpack

• 27 Replies

Kiriath

• On the path again
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
Kiriath's New Jetpack
« on: Feb 22, 2013, 02:58 PM »
I have been playing with the idea of making a jetpack for awhile.  I recently went to the local good will store and found  some pieces that I think work well together.  All of the materials are plastic with a little bit of wood  so it is pretty lite.  The biggest piece is a gutted paper towel dispenser. The rest of the materials are jawaed from found plastic items.   It is a work in progress. Everything is attached with screw, nuts and bolts and a little hot glue.   Any way here are some photos before painting and after a base coat was done.

What do you think?

Not dead yet!  Kicking and biting till the end of time.. I want to be better..

Tact Kor

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Deadly Alliance is the award for the most badass group pic. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
Re: Kiriath's New Jetpack
« Reply #1 on: Feb 22, 2013, 03:01 PM »
I like it   ;D

I really like how you did the thrusters, are you planning on adding more colors?

How do ou plan to attach it?

Gaht Kyr'bes Clan

M.T.S. #022 - Mando Up

M.A. #089 - The first step is admitting it

Kiriath

• On the path again
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #2 on: Feb 22, 2013, 03:47 PM »
I definitely plan to do a better paint job and weathering.  This first paint was to just see how it looked altogether.  I plan on using my current strap and buckle system.  Two buckles on the top and  two on the sides as a waist belt.  I have a backpack I troop with sometimes this will be my alternate. ;D

jinstarkiller

• AKA JIn Kal
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #3 on: Feb 22, 2013, 07:32 PM »
that is a really good job and creative use of parts

Why do we Mandalorians fight?

To bring honor to our culture and preserve the old ways of the Mando'ad. Be it fighting our own, the Empire, or the Republic.

Kiriath

• On the path again
« Reply #4 on: Feb 23, 2013, 03:12 AM »
Thanks.. it is a work in progress.. The plan is to get the buckles and straps next and see how it works on my back..

Thaxos

• Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #5 on: Feb 27, 2013, 10:08 PM »
Interesting base and added parts, looking forward to seeing how it looks painted up and weathered.

Byrek Avery

• I hunt the Bigger Fish.
« Reply #6 on: Feb 27, 2013, 10:15 PM »
Nice base. I've always thought about using one...  :rolleyes:

The rocket seems a bit long for my taste, and it might interfere with helmet room.

Designed by Haran Tracyn

Mercaholic: #52 24hr Member
Official Member #668
Byrek Avery's WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=47081.0

Kiriath

• On the path again
« Reply #7 on: Feb 28, 2013, 03:24 AM »
Thanks... vod.. it is a work in progress.  I am thinking about cutting the rocket on top down. Have not messed with it any more.  Plan to play with it again this weekend if not sooner.

Kiriath

• On the path again
« Reply #8 on: Mar 09, 2013, 02:53 PM »
I did a second Mod on my Jetpack Recently.  I shortened a few things and added some things. Here are some pics. I think with the modifications it looks more like it should.

Kiriath

• On the path again
« Reply #9 on: Mar 09, 2013, 02:59 PM »
After the Second Mod the next step was to paint the Jetpack.  I started by painting the entire thing black. I then added some blue accents, then copper and then finally brown.  I then added some more black and then began to  add some weathering.  Here are some pics of how the Jetpack looks currently.

I plan to work on how to attache it to my back next.  What do you think?

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Hey there, hi there, ho there.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #10 on: Mar 10, 2013, 11:42 AM »
Very Nice vod ;D very nice indeed ;)

VABS : M.A. #006  24er :  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

Tact Kor

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Deadly Alliance is the award for the most badass group pic. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #11 on: Mar 10, 2013, 03:01 PM »
Looks very cool!  8)

How heavy did it turn out?

How does it sit when you put it on your back?

Gaht Kyr'bes Clan

M.T.S. #022 - Mando Up

Kiriath

• On the path again
« Reply #12 on: Mar 10, 2013, 08:53 PM »
Thanks Vods...I am still working on attaching it to my back. I have the buckles and the webbing I just need to rig it up.  I don't know the weight of it.  Its hollow and  empty inside so it doesn't weigh much.. I will work it on it some more this evening.  The goal is to have it  wearable before the local St Patrick's day parade.

Solus Raam

• Sukwee Vawd
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions 267th Rapid Assault Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #13 on: Mar 18, 2013, 11:47 AM »
Very cool. Great work!

Kiriath

• On the path again
« Reply #14 on: Mar 18, 2013, 04:53 PM »
Thanks vod.. I'm still going to do some tweaking on it.. before I call it done.

Thaxos

• Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #15 on: Mar 23, 2013, 06:10 PM »
Might want to consider adding some more minor weathering and hitting it with a black wash for some grime.

Apart from that, looking good!

Kiriath

• On the path again
« Reply #16 on: Mar 24, 2013, 02:57 AM »
Thanks vod.. I plan to work on it some more tomorrow.  Hopefully I'll have some more photos soon.

Tact Kor

« Reply #17 on: Mar 25, 2013, 08:15 AM »
We want pictures! We want pictures! We want pictures! We want pictures! We want pictures! We want pictures!  :P

Gaht Kyr'bes Clan

M.T.S. #022 - Mando Up

Kiriath

• On the path again
« Reply #18 on: Apr 07, 2013, 07:21 PM »
Have been working off and on my Jetpack.  Here are some updated pics.  Added some more parts to it all plastic with a little bit of aluminum.

Here is the back.  I am using some buckles and sliders to attache it to my back.  Still need to do some more sewing.

I also added a plastic jar inside of the jetpack so that the pack will look like it has electronics inside. The plan is to put  glow sticks or another light source inside the jar.  The light should then show through the planned holes.

What do you think?

Tact Kor

« Reply #19 on: Apr 08, 2013, 08:03 AM »
Looks great!

I really like how you detailed the thrusters

Gaht Kyr'bes Clan

M.T.S. #022 - Mando Up

Byrek Avery

« Reply #20 on: Apr 08, 2013, 08:19 AM »
Let me start off by saying I Like that fround part. It looks very cool and futuristic.

But, I think it's a bit blocky all around, and I'm not a fan of the sides.

Designed by Haran Tracyn

Official Member #668

Kiriath

• On the path again
« Reply #21 on: Apr 08, 2013, 02:01 PM »
"Blocky"... interesting observation..as in Lego blocks?  I guess I can see that.  Thanks vod..for the input ... it is a work in progress..  The sides need some work I agree..

Kiriath

• On the path again
« Reply #22 on: Jul 15, 2013, 07:20 PM »
Did an upgrade recently on my Jetpack.  It was hard to troop with so I made it more user friendly by making it more collapsible.  Here are some pics:

« Last Edit: Jul 16, 2013, 12:00 AM by Kiriath » Logged

Byrek Avery

« Reply #23 on: Jul 15, 2013, 08:26 PM »
Very cool! Much better. Next upgrade: The rocket  :D

Designed by Haran Tracyn

Official Member #668

Kiriath

• On the path again
« Reply #24 on: Jul 16, 2013, 12:01 AM »
I need to find a nose cone.  Still looking for one.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!