Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Xenotoes' Fett build

• 170 Replies

Ca'tra Firaxan

• Proud procrastinator since 2013
Re: Xenotoes' Fett build
« Reply #150 on: May 10, 2013, 01:16 AM »
I've seen that clip too many times.

Remo Jadd

• Vok'Chi Warmaster
  • Awards 267th Rapid Assault Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #151 on: May 10, 2013, 01:42 PM »
Keep up the good work Beth, You're doing the Vok'Chi proud ;) .

xenotoes

• Beth :)
« Reply #152 on: Aug 22, 2013, 10:30 AM »
I one have one thing to say.......

Thanks so much Niabi! I feel honoured ;D

Looking good Xenotoes!

Thanks buddy!

I think it's

I literally have no words to describe how much this made my day ;D

Keep up the good work Beth, You're doing the Vok'Chi proud ;) .

Thanks Remo! Hope to troop with you all soon...fingers crossed :)

I'm so sorry about the lack of updates recently! I've just moved into a new house in Southampton, and then had to do a month of archaeological excavation work, so it's been very hectic for the past few months. But I'm still alive! Jango progress is a bit slow, mostly because of a nightmare I'm currently having with Royal Mail.

They've lost my flight suit :'( I waited fifteen weeks for it, and then they lost it as soon as it entered the country from Portugal. They've said that there's nothing they can do, so I'm now sitting here £80 down with no suit. Apparently, because it was sent from Portugal, any insurance claims have to be sorted out over there rather than in the UK, which means that I can't actively do anything except keep talking with Daz. He says that he's going to go to his local post office and chat with them, so hopefully something good will come out of that. Otherwise, though, I have no idea what to do! Has anyone else had this problem before? If anyone has any sort of advice, that would be amazing! I'd really appreciate it :-[

As for other updates...I'm afraid there aren't very many! The gaunts are almost finished now; I'm just waiting for more sintra to arrive so that I can make the lower shells (I abandoned the pep ones because they don't fit quite right) and hinge them. I have a big sheet of sintra for the back plate which just needs to be formed and primed/rub 'n' buffed now, too. But that's about it! I'm currently home in Derby, so I can't grab any pics because my kit is in Southampton - really sorry! If I work on any pieces while I'm here, I'll keep the thread updated.

Missed the Mercs a lot while I was away! So glad to be back :)

ConDar Ward

• Al'jurir be Ori'ramikad
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #153 on: Aug 22, 2013, 12:34 PM »
Welcome Back ...  ;D

MMCC-#0059 /M.A.- 001 /M.A.D.- 067 /ALUMINATI -013
 Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum - Remo Jadd - 0267

Tracyn Ordo

• THE NZ Bounty Hunter
  • Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #154 on: Aug 22, 2013, 08:53 PM »
Glad to hear you are still working away on this even if progress is slow. It sucks that your flightsuit got lost though!

xenotoes

« Reply #155 on: Sep 11, 2013, 02:45 PM »
He he, thanks ConDar and Tracyn! It's goodto be back :)

Flight suit crisis averted! Royal Mail found and returned the parcel to Daz last week, so he sent it again and it arrived this morning. It fits well! Quick photo:

It needs to be washed a couple of times to get the colour right, and I'll weather the cuffs a bit, but other than that I'm seriously thrilled with it. Well worth the wait and postage hassle!

More updates as soon as I get back to Southampton :)

ConDar Ward

• Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #156 on: Sep 11, 2013, 03:40 PM »
looks Great to me ....  ;D

Calder Varad

• AKA "Sunnyside"
« Reply #157 on: Sep 11, 2013, 06:42 PM »
How have I said nothing on this thread?! Beautiful work vod, absolutely gorgeous so far!

Take my love take my land,
Take me where I cannot stand,
I don't care I'm still free,
You can't take the sky from me

M.A. #93
New Death Watch Order #10

Tracyn Ordo

• THE NZ Bounty Hunter
  • Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #158 on: Sep 11, 2013, 07:40 PM »
Yuss! Looks awesome Xeno :)

Karvas Dral

• Poodoo.
« Reply #159 on: Sep 11, 2013, 11:21 PM »
Yay!

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Hey there, hi there, ho there.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #160 on: Sep 12, 2013, 02:10 PM »
Thats real Nice vod ;)

VABS : M.A. #006  24er :  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

Mullreel

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Award for 25 official invasions. Most invasions trooped in 2017 Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #161 on: Sep 12, 2013, 04:58 PM »
be sure to add some purple to it so that you will have the right shade.

The screen used suit looks blue in some shots and purple in others.  You can get that by just dying it lightly with some purple, I like to add a little smoke grey to it also which helps with the weathering look along with the color.

All I ever wanted to do was to travel to far off exotic places and meet new and exciting people.........and then kill them.  So I became a mercenary, and I love what I do.

xenotoes

« Reply #162 on: Sep 07, 2015, 03:58 PM »
*cautiously peeks head around corner*

Hi!

So I, uh, got too close to the event horizon of a black hole. My last post was actually yesterday, but relativity has made it seem to you as if I've been gone since 2013!

I wish that were the case....everything just came to a more-or-less complete halt when I started the second year of uni, because I had no time and even less cash! I'm so sorry :-[ But I graduated this summer and I now have until the end of September before I head off to start a Masters degree. I want to try and make some major Jango progress between now and then! But for now, here are some updates:

Here are the completed pieces as of 2015 (finally got round to making a collar and finishing the belly plate, but I do still need to finish the gaunts):

Started the cod piece (although I'm going to take off a lot of the pointy bit with my dremel):

Started the back plate:

Made the ammo belt today:

And these THINGS OF BEAUTY are from the incredible Tracyn Ordo (If I live to be 100 I still won't be over how awesome they are):

So there it is! I still have a tonne of things to do, but ONE DAY...I will finish this!

I've missed the Mercs. That'll teach me to fly too close to singularities...

ConDar Ward

« Reply #163 on: Sep 07, 2015, 04:19 PM »
So Glad your Back ! ! !   8) 8) 8) :D

Serim Merec

• A Moose...
« Reply #164 on: Sep 07, 2015, 04:22 PM »
Awww yissss! Xenotoes is back! 8) Congratz on graduating, next step is OM ;)

M.A.J.I.C #070 - We Die On Our Feet!
M.A. #007 - The first step is admitting it

Dresdon Acacin

• Do it right the first time or don't do it at all.
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a Celebration Chicago 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #165 on: Sep 07, 2015, 04:26 PM »
Niceeeee       Good progress

Work while they sleep   Learn while they party   Save while they spend   Live like they dream

Reyn Vok'chi

• Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #166 on: Sep 07, 2015, 05:21 PM »
Fantastic to see you back now all that real life stuff has been dealt with (massive congratulations on the graduation) Now get on with with it so you can look awesome trooping  :P

Mullreel

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Award for 25 official invasions. Most invasions trooped in 2017 Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #167 on: Sep 07, 2015, 05:30 PM »
good to see you up and running again...............move your thighs to the correct sides.........

Overall look in the full kit picture looks good.

All I ever wanted to do was to travel to far off exotic places and meet new and exciting people.........and then kill them.  So I became a mercenary, and I love what I do.

Carid Vhett

• M.A.#048. YNWA
  • Awards Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #168 on: Sep 07, 2015, 07:56 PM »
Welcome back vod.

I understand, no prisoners, only trophies
Death is always smiling at you, it is only polite to smile back.
Mhi kisol, mhi briikase kisol, mhi tsad be vode.
Keep Moving Forwards - Monty Oum

Kol Hokan

• Armor does not make a warrior, spirit does.
  • Awards Award for 100 official invasions. Special Weapons Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #169 on: Sep 12, 2015, 11:40 PM »
Great looking build so far! Glad to hear you're back at it.  Keep us updated with posts and pics! :D

Alex Cole .... Clan: Concordia .... CAT#: 0787 .... Brigade#: 278
Concordia Clan Tra'alor 2023
Concordia Clan Ruus'alor Sol'yc 2018-2020
Concordia Clan Alor'ad 2013-2016
Brigade Marshal 2014-2016
501st: BH-11628 .... TDE: #175 .... RL: Resistance Pilot - Screaming Porgs Squadron

Kitala-Enby

• Slowly returning to active forum presence.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #170 on: Jan 21, 2016, 01:07 PM »
Bit of a necropost, But currently working on a cannon male character for a female. Wanting to get any updates on this whenever they happen. Your work is looking amazing hun. Keep at it and good luck with your masters.

I sell awesome armour in the Hawkers Guild
CHECK IT OUT!.

Live Action Deathwatch Build.

Custom Copper Covert Mando.

QMU #000
MA #145
EMTS #082
MAD #042
MABEL #036 & #038 apparently
VOTS #014

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!