Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Verd'ika Corps - NOW LIVE!

• 223 Replies

Mandalore the Uniter

• Herder of Cats
  • Uniting the Faithful.
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Celebration Chicago Celebration Orlando 2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
Verd'ika Corps - NOW LIVE!
« on: Mar 04, 2013, 01:43 PM »
Verd'ika Corps
Strength through Honor

Since 2007, Mandalorian Mercs has allowed a limited sponsor-membership for the legal children of Official Members.  Over the years we've found out that while this type of membership is great for families who want to troop in-costume, it doesn't really help much where the under-18 crowd is concerned.  Legally, there are certain liabilities that the MMCC has to be aware of when it comes to minors.  Because of that, we have traditionally NOT allowed in minors (under-18) to hold any level of Official Membership without a parent/legal guardian holding current Official Membership.

In 2012 we started rolling around the idea of a kid's club for under 18 members, something that was mostly internet-based but could also morph into something larger if growth/need called for it.  That idea would set the ground-work for the "Verd'ika Corps" kids club. 

Mission Statement:
The Verd'ika Corps exists as a safe, club-style organization for kids who are fans of Star Wars and Mandalorians.  "The Corps" allows children to show off their Star Wars love, and learn positive core values (Family, Ingenuity, and Community) they can apply in their lives. 

Verd'ika Corps Goals:
1.  To provide a safe organization for children to show-off their love for Star Wars.
2.  To promote healthy attitudes in children through positive core-values.
3.  To prepare children for entering the Mandalorian Mercs Costume Club as an Official Member when they come of age.

Children who apply to the Corps will be sorted by age into one of 3 "Battalions" within the club.

ShriekHawk Battalion:  Ages 4-8  Master Training Sergeant: Baelin Halon/Kevin Ward (Murraan Clan)

Strill Battalion:  Ages 9-13  Training Sergeant:  Ulrik Kanteer/Anthony Johnson (Vhe'rang Clan)

Mythosaur Battalion:  Ages 14-17  Training Sergeant:  Lady Bedlam/Kelly Sutton (Yustapir Clan)

FAQ:

Q:  Will the Verd'ika Corps have it's own website?
A:  Yes!  However there will not be a forum.

Q:  Is the Verd'ika Corps part of the MMCC?
A:  Verd'ika Corps members are NOT MMCC members, however the MMCC will sponsor and help fund the Corps.

Q:  I am an Official Member, and my child is already a Verd'ika member of the MMCC.  Can they also join the Corps?
A:  Yes.  Verd'ika MMCC members may join the Corps and still retain their Verd'ika MMCC membership.

Q:  Can Verd'ika Corps members troop with MMCC Official Members at events?
A:  ONLY AT THE DISCRETION OF THE HOST CLAN/SQUAD COMMAND STAFF.

Q:  Will Verd'ika Corps applicants have to build their costumes, similar to MMCC members?
A:  No.  Verd'ika Corps applicants can apply with a store-bought Mandalorian costume. (Boba/Jango Fett, Pre Vizsla, etc)

Q:  Is the Verd'ika Corps open to all children world-wide?
A:  Yes!  If a child can see the Corps' website and own a Mandalorian costume, they can apply for membership.

Q:  Will the Verd'ika Corps have patches and items similar to the MMCC?
A:  The Corps will run a limited amount of patches that will be available to Corps members and MMCC members.

Q:  What happens when a Corps member turns 18?
A:  At their 18th birthday, a Mythosaur Battalion member may apply for Official Membership in the MMCC.  Once approved as an MMCC Official Member, they will be dropped from the Corps automatically.  If the Corps member does not become an approved MMCC Official Member within 30 days of their 18th birthday, they will be dropped from the Corps automatically.

Q:  Will there be a Merit/Challenge System?
A:  Currently this is under development, once released Corps members will receive periodic challenges based on their battalion which focus on 3 things:  Engineering, Community, Invasion.  These challenges can range from easy to difficult, but they are designed to teach as well as encourage positive attitudes and volunteerism. 

We'll be posting more information and updates about the Verd'ika Corps as it gets closer to May 4th.

~Mandalore

« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 06:10 PM by Biohazard » Logged
I had an awesome sig once, till Photobucket killed it. *frownyface*

Ca'tra Firaxan

• Proud procrastinator since 2013
Re: Verd'ika Corps Announcement
« Reply #1 on: Mar 04, 2013, 04:38 PM »
Yay! I am in strill if I join.

Jaa'det Otxoa

• You can't shoot what you can't see! OM #0872
« Reply #2 on: Mar 04, 2013, 05:05 PM »
Vor'e! Mandalore!  ;D

I think this is an excellent opportunity for younger recruits to feel alot more "A part of" the MMCC until they are old enough to become OM's, as well as making us more of a "Family" than we already are! 
I have a feeling my stepdaughter will be asking me to hurry up and finish my kit so I can work on one for her (Thanks  ???)!

Oya! MMCC!!  ;D

<->Firaxan Clan<->M.A.J.I.C. #096<->M.A. #049<->M.A.D. #016<->T.E.M.T.S. #035<-> 

Weapons: 53%
Beskar'gam
Buy'ce

Adenn Karta

• All-Singing, All-Dancing Spikylorian.
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #3 on: Mar 04, 2013, 05:16 PM »
Interesting. Very smart way to handle this! Love the designs, too. :P

Official #0218
OM date - 20/07/09
« Reply #4 on: Mar 04, 2013, 05:16 PM »
Oya! Great idea and I'm glad to see it going forward!

Coreysnaps

• Kaiya Ardellian
  • Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022 Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Special Operations Brigade Member Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #5 on: Mar 04, 2013, 05:27 PM »
I know this isn't really pressing, but out of curiosity, are there plans down the road for maybe a special sigil or something that Verd'ika Corps members who start at age 4 and go all the way through and become official Mercs at 18?  Maybe a patch or a pin?  It's obviously pretty far off, but I thought I'd throw it out there since I happen to have a 4 year old.  :)

"...I leave to the discretion of the MMCC merch officer." 

If you have a Supply question, please ask here: Here

Jauri Turrn Verda

• My buir can beat up your buir. Don't push me...
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #6 on: Mar 04, 2013, 05:31 PM »
Yay! I'm a Strill - and I'm Official!

Member #0190
« Reply #7 on: Mar 04, 2013, 06:11 PM »
Will the CRLs for the Mythosaur Battalion be the same as for the MMCC?

Ca'tra Firaxan

« Reply #8 on: Mar 04, 2013, 06:19 PM »
Q:  Will Verd'ika Corps applicants have to build their costumes, similar to MMCC members?
A:  No.  Verd'ika Corps applicants can apply with a store-bought Mandalorian costume. (Boba/Jango Fett, Pre Vizsla, etc)
Hope this helps

Manbrolorian

• TI-11997
« Reply #9 on: Mar 04, 2013, 07:22 PM »
Mythosaur Battlion! Heck yeah!  ;D

Keep us updated as updates come, Mand'alor. I'm extremely excited to see how this goes.

he/him
black lives matter!

Tassone Phoenix

• Proud Dune Sea Mando
  • Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Beastmaster Brigade Member Award for 50 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #10 on: Mar 04, 2013, 09:52 PM »
Very cool.  I have been waiting for this to pop up.  I built a kit for my little cousin and couldn't send in his app since I am not his legal guardian. I would love for him to be part of the Verd'ika Corps and I know he will love it too.

Tassone Phoenix aka Victoria 

Shonare Vhekadla Clan

Mandalorian Mercs Costume Club: #0333

M5: Mandalorian Mercs Mighty Mini Mando #3

My Mando WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=19027.0

My Mando's Beast Hunter Thread: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=70601.0

Verdika's thread: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=51095.0

Dar'manda

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #11 on: Mar 05, 2013, 01:51 PM »
Nice,

My son will be happy to know there is something for him here.

Membership revoked due to pending felony convictions

Ram'ser Ramikad

• Fierfek!
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #12 on: Mar 05, 2013, 08:40 PM »
So if the Verd'ika Corps website doesn't have a forum then what will be on it?

Whoso diggeth a pit shall fall therein: and he that rolleth a stone, it will return upon him.  -Proverbs 26:27

Baelin Halon

• United by the Creed
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 50 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #13 on: Mar 05, 2013, 09:44 PM »
website stuff.

Allfather

• Reconciler
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Family events 15+ clan level invasions Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #14 on: Mar 05, 2013, 09:50 PM »
I have a perfect candidate for this from our area. The clan just adopted her at Visioncon and I'd say she fits right in to this new venture. Gonna have the wife make sure little Gypsy gets all the info on this  :)

"Remember, Private..Friendly Fire is not a nice warm place you and your hippy buddies sit around at night toasting marshmallows and singing Kumbaya." --Me to one of my troops way back when

Ka'len Bes'uliik

• Aliit ori'shya taldin
  • Awards Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #15 on: Mar 05, 2013, 11:02 PM »
Haha sure this comes around as I'm rounding seventeen! Certainly lighting a fire under my shebs to get my kit done so I can be a Mythosaur ;) Great idea, and I can't wait to see this grow!

"Rage is one hell of an anesthetic."

Lady Bedlam

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #16 on: Mar 06, 2013, 05:30 PM »
I am looking forward to working with all the teens!! I'm very excited about this and very proud to be able to provide advice and assistance to all the teens that will be joining!

There is a fine line between genius and insanity...I have replaced that line with a trout.

Ran

• Not the crown makes the king.
« Reply #17 on: Mar 07, 2013, 12:48 AM »
Well, looks like I have some motivation!

I am looking forward to working with all the teens!! I'm very excited about this and very proud to be able to provide advice and assistance to all the teens that will be joining!
Someone's actually excited to work with teens? ???
:laugh: This outta be fun! Can't wait to work with ya. :D

Scratch Build WIP
Art Thread
"Can your science explain the magic of rainbows?"
"Light defraction through moisture in the atmosphere."
"... It's a sad world you live in."

Luke Skirata

• Ibic Mandokar
« Reply #18 on: Mar 08, 2013, 10:11 PM »
Sounds like a great idea! Just one question, though.  I know kids can apply to the corps with a store-bought costume, but if they applied with one they made, would they have the same CRLs as OMs?

Mandalore the Uniter

• Herder of Cats
  • Uniting the Faithful.
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Celebration Chicago Celebration Orlando 2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #19 on: Mar 09, 2013, 08:02 AM »
No.  That only applies to children of current Official Members who are shooting for "Verd'ika Membership" in Mercs.

Sounds like a great idea! Just one question, though.  I know kids can apply to the corps with a store-bought costume, but if they applied with one they made, would they have the same CRLs as OMs?

Ca'tra Firaxan

« Reply #20 on: Mar 09, 2013, 08:30 AM »
So I can buy this: http://www.officialstarwarscostumes.com/boba-fett-costumes/adult-boba-fett-costumes/99888574 and call myself Boba Verd'ika?  :laugh:
But seriously, I can do that?

Luke Skirata

• Ibic Mandokar
« Reply #21 on: Mar 09, 2013, 09:42 AM »
No.  That only applies to children of current Official Members who are shooting for "Verd'ika Membership" in Mercs.

So I could get, say, one of these http://www.officialstarwarscostumes.com/boba-fett-costumes/boba-fett-masks/993148 or use EVA foam?

« Last Edit: Mar 09, 2013, 09:47 AM by Luke Skirata » Logged

Ran

• Not the crown makes the king.
« Reply #22 on: Mar 09, 2013, 01:46 PM »
I don't know bout the rest of y'all, but I'm still shooting for the official CRLs. :)

Scratch Build WIP
Art Thread
"Can your science explain the magic of rainbows?"
"Light defraction through moisture in the atmosphere."
"... It's a sad world you live in."

Mandalore the Uniter

• Herder of Cats
  • Uniting the Faithful.
« Reply #23 on: Mar 09, 2013, 02:27 PM »
Yes, you can buy a store-bought costume and enter the Verd'ika Corps.  It's a kid's club, it's not Mercs, therefore is needs to cater to what's more likely for a non-18yr old.

Manbrolorian

• TI-11997
« Reply #24 on: Mar 09, 2013, 03:28 PM »
I don't know bout the rest of y'all, but I'm still shooting for the official CRLs. :)

This. ^^

he/him
black lives matter!

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!