Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Verd'ika Corps - NOW LIVE!

• 224 Replies

Ka'len Bes'uliik

• Aliit ori'shya taldin
  • Awards Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
Re: Verd'ika Corps Announcement
« Reply #15 on: Mar 05, 2013, 11:02 PM »
Haha sure this comes around as I'm rounding seventeen! Certainly lighting a fire under my shebs to get my kit done so I can be a Mythosaur ;) Great idea, and I can't wait to see this grow!

"Rage is one hell of an anesthetic."

Lady Bedlam

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #16 on: Mar 06, 2013, 05:30 PM »
I am looking forward to working with all the teens!! I'm very excited about this and very proud to be able to provide advice and assistance to all the teens that will be joining!

There is a fine line between genius and insanity...I have replaced that line with a trout.

Ran

• Not the crown makes the king.
« Reply #17 on: Mar 07, 2013, 12:48 AM »
Well, looks like I have some motivation!

I am looking forward to working with all the teens!! I'm very excited about this and very proud to be able to provide advice and assistance to all the teens that will be joining!
Someone's actually excited to work with teens? ???
:laugh: This outta be fun! Can't wait to work with ya. :D

Scratch Build WIP
Art Thread
"Can your science explain the magic of rainbows?"
"Light defraction through moisture in the atmosphere."
"... It's a sad world you live in."

Luke Skirata

• Are you the prey? No, we are the hunters.
« Reply #18 on: Mar 08, 2013, 10:11 PM »
Sounds like a great idea! Just one question, though.  I know kids can apply to the corps with a store-bought costume, but if they applied with one they made, would they have the same CRLs as OMs?

Mandalore the Uniter

• Herder of Cats
  • Uniting the Faithful.
  • Awards Celebration Chicago Celebration Orlando 2017 2016 Award for 25 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #19 on: Mar 09, 2013, 08:02 AM »
No.  That only applies to children of current Official Members who are shooting for "Verd'ika Membership" in Mercs.

Sounds like a great idea! Just one question, though.  I know kids can apply to the corps with a store-bought costume, but if they applied with one they made, would they have the same CRLs as OMs?

I had an awesome sig once, till Photobucket killed it. *frownyface*

Ca'tra Firaxan

• Proud procrastinator since 2013
« Reply #20 on: Mar 09, 2013, 08:30 AM »
So I can buy this: http://www.officialstarwarscostumes.com/boba-fett-costumes/adult-boba-fett-costumes/99888574 and call myself Boba Verd'ika?  :laugh:
But seriously, I can do that?

Luke Skirata

« Reply #21 on: Mar 09, 2013, 09:42 AM »
No.  That only applies to children of current Official Members who are shooting for "Verd'ika Membership" in Mercs.

So I could get, say, one of these http://www.officialstarwarscostumes.com/boba-fett-costumes/boba-fett-masks/993148 or use EVA foam?

« Last Edit: Mar 09, 2013, 09:47 AM by Luke Skirata » Logged

Ran

• Not the crown makes the king.
« Reply #22 on: Mar 09, 2013, 01:46 PM »
I don't know bout the rest of y'all, but I'm still shooting for the official CRLs. :)

Scratch Build WIP
Art Thread
"Can your science explain the magic of rainbows?"
"Light defraction through moisture in the atmosphere."
"... It's a sad world you live in."

Mandalore the Uniter

• Herder of Cats
  • Uniting the Faithful.
  • Awards Celebration Chicago Celebration Orlando 2017 2016 Award for 25 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #23 on: Mar 09, 2013, 02:27 PM »
Yes, you can buy a store-bought costume and enter the Verd'ika Corps.  It's a kid's club, it's not Mercs, therefore is needs to cater to what's more likely for a non-18yr old.

I had an awesome sig once, till Photobucket killed it. *frownyface*

Manbrolorian

• TI-11997
« Reply #24 on: Mar 09, 2013, 03:28 PM »
I don't know bout the rest of y'all, but I'm still shooting for the official CRLs. :)

This. ^^

Ca'tra Firaxan

• Proud procrastinator since 2013
« Reply #25 on: Mar 09, 2013, 04:19 PM »
I'm probably gonna build a really cheap mando costume.

Luke Skirata

« Reply #26 on: Mar 09, 2013, 10:07 PM »

Same, although I may use a cheaper helmet, gauntlets, etc. until I can find a good quality one (and have enough money for it).

kiffren

• kiffren MMCC 0666 DZ-27182
  • Awards Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions. 2016 267th Rapid Assault
« Reply #27 on: Mar 09, 2013, 11:26 PM »
One comment on this. For the kids who do want to have armor that fits the official crls, the lack of a forum will make this hard. Now I understand that there are liability issues to allowing children to use forums, but perhaps you can have a different forum for each age group? For the youngest two groups have it such that parents have to post. But for the oldest since they're over 13 they should be able to post without liability issues?

I just don't really see the point if there is no way for the kids to discuss their costumes and have their quality improve.

Serim Merec

• A Moose...
« Reply #28 on: Mar 10, 2013, 01:04 AM »
One comment on this. For the kids who do want to have armor that fits the official crls, the lack of a forum will make this hard. Now I understand that there are liability issues to allowing children to use forums, but perhaps you can have a different forum for each age group? For the youngest two groups have it such that parents have to post. But for the oldest since they're over 13 they should be able to post without liability issues?

I just don't really see the point if there is no way for the kids to discuss their costumes and have their quality improve.

This isn't a bad idea in my mind. The 13+ open forum would just have to be limited to armor threads and maybe challenge reports.
Just a soon-to-be Mythosaur adding my 2 cents to the conversation.

M.A.J.I.C #070 - We Die On Our Feet!
M.A. #007 - The first step is admitting it

Saz

• Hodor'alor
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Best Blaster - Official Member with best looking Verpine Shatter Rifle Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #29 on: Mar 10, 2013, 05:16 AM »
The idea of having a forum for under 13s would be a problem, not only socially, I can already see the people who dislike us commenting that the Mercs have opened a forum for kids to be groomed all over their facebooks and back room emails, but we'd have to screen the members with highly expensive methods to attempt to ensure the virtual safety of the kids, as well as the very real cost of setting up a server and maintaining it. Remember, even though the Mercs is funding it, we as a group will have little participation in it.

Or we could not have a forum.

Helmet builder and custom Maker, PM me for details or click here.

ITYS Counter now at 177.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!