Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Verd'ika Corps - NOW LIVE!

• 223 Replies

Ca'tra Firaxan

• Proud procrastinator since 2013
Re: Verd'ika Corps Announcement
« Reply #25 on: Mar 09, 2013, 04:19 PM »
I'm probably gonna build a really cheap mando costume.

Luke Skirata

• Ibic Mandokar
« Reply #26 on: Mar 09, 2013, 10:07 PM »
I don't know bout the rest of y'all, but I'm still shooting for the official CRLs. :)

Same, although I may use a cheaper helmet, gauntlets, etc. until I can find a good quality one (and have enough money for it).

Serim Merec

• A Moose...
« Reply #27 on: Mar 10, 2013, 01:04 AM »
One comment on this. For the kids who do want to have armor that fits the official crls, the lack of a forum will make this hard. Now I understand that there are liability issues to allowing children to use forums, but perhaps you can have a different forum for each age group? For the youngest two groups have it such that parents have to post. But for the oldest since they're over 13 they should be able to post without liability issues?

I just don't really see the point if there is no way for the kids to discuss their costumes and have their quality improve.

This isn't a bad idea in my mind. The 13+ open forum would just have to be limited to armor threads and maybe challenge reports.
Just a soon-to-be Mythosaur adding my 2 cents to the conversation.

M.A.J.I.C #070 - We Die On Our Feet!
M.A. #007 - The first step is admitting it

Saz

• Hodor'alor
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Best Blaster - Official Member with best looking Verpine Shatter Rifle Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #28 on: Mar 10, 2013, 05:16 AM »
The idea of having a forum for under 13s would be a problem, not only socially, I can already see the people who dislike us commenting that the Mercs have opened a forum for kids to be groomed all over their facebooks and back room emails, but we'd have to screen the members with highly expensive methods to attempt to ensure the virtual safety of the kids, as well as the very real cost of setting up a server and maintaining it. Remember, even though the Mercs is funding it, we as a group will have little participation in it.

Or we could not have a forum.

Helmet builder and custom Maker, PM me for details or click here.

ITYS Counter now at 177.

Towhan Svel

• wat
« Reply #29 on: Mar 10, 2013, 07:29 AM »
Saz does have a point. Another alternative would to have a thread or section or something and the training sgts as mods (like the clan boards)... But if the MMCC isn't gonna have much to do with it this isn't the best idea.

You start with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.

Luke Skirata

• Ibic Mandokar
« Reply #30 on: Mar 10, 2013, 08:47 PM »
One comment on this. For the kids who do want to have armor that fits the official crls, the lack of a forum will make this hard. Now I understand that there are liability issues to allowing children to use forums, but perhaps you can have a different forum for each age group? For the youngest two groups have it such that parents have to post. But for the oldest since they're over 13 they should be able to post without liability issues?

I just don't really see the point if there is no way for the kids to discuss their costumes and have their quality improve.

If they are over 13, they can just continue using these forums without any liability issues.

Lady Bedlam

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #31 on: Mar 11, 2013, 11:38 AM »
Well, looks like I have some motivation!
Someone's actually excited to work with teens? ???
:laugh: This outta be fun! Can't wait to work with ya. :D

I raised my teens to adulthood and they survived so I'm sure the rest of you will survive being around me as well.   :P

There is a fine line between genius and insanity...I have replaced that line with a trout.

Cyrus Rang

• Go ahead and run...Chasing you is fun!
  • Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #32 on: Mar 11, 2013, 12:54 PM »
This should be fun. I have 2 Shriekhawks and a Strill in the house.
Already working on their costumes.  :laugh:

Ran

• Not the crown makes the king.
« Reply #33 on: Mar 11, 2013, 01:51 PM »

Or we could just continue using this forum.

Scratch Build WIP
Art Thread
"Can your science explain the magic of rainbows?"
"Light defraction through moisture in the atmosphere."
"... It's a sad world you live in."

Manbrolorian

• TI-11997
« Reply #34 on: Mar 11, 2013, 02:24 PM »
Or we could just continue using this forum.

This would probably be the best option. If some kid that doesn't have a Mercs account wants to get more armor info, and take part in some of the discussions here, they can easily sign up for one.

I am looking forward to working with all the teens!! I'm very excited about this and very proud to be able to provide advice and assistance to all the teens that will be joining!

I raised my teens to adulthood and they survived so I'm sure the rest of you will survive being around me as well.   :P

But will you survive us? :laugh:

he/him
black lives matter!

Mandalore the Uniter

• Herder of Cats
  • Uniting the Faithful.
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Celebration Chicago Celebration Orlando 2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #35 on: Mar 11, 2013, 03:01 PM »
We're going to look at some alternatives to using the Mercs forum as a direct line of communication in the Corps.  Mostly because of information privacy laws, and it's always better to err on the side of caution when it comes to legalities.

I had an awesome sig once, till Photobucket killed it. *frownyface*

Ca'tra Firaxan

« Reply #36 on: Mar 11, 2013, 03:05 PM »
My brother Kandosii Teren-Firaxan is a strill, my sister and other brother are shriek hawks. Mercs family! :laugh:

A'den 'Blasty' Baatir

• "I'm Magical." 🏳️‍🌈
« Reply #37 on: Mar 12, 2013, 07:46 AM »
Yes! now my clone and i can join.

501st Legion: TR/IG/ID-51817
MMCC OM#: 2411

RAMEZ PAMAY

• "Slow is smooth, Smooth is Fast"
« Reply #38 on: Mar 13, 2013, 03:36 PM »
Oya! My son could be a Strill, he's been going crazy since I got here with hopes that he could join once I reach OM status. Now he will have the opportunity to get a head start.

I had a though on communications: since there are Sgts. in charge of the 3 levels, could a Facebook page be set up for the young warriors to communicate? I am not sure as to what "legalities" are, but I think it wouldn't hurt looking into it. The Sgts. could monitor/restrict the site to prevent unwanted issues. Just some thoughts.

RamEz

M.A. # 83, M.A.J.I.C. #110, M.A.D. #22
You've been weighted, measured and found wanting!

Luke Skirata

• Ibic Mandokar
« Reply #39 on: Mar 13, 2013, 09:49 PM »
Oya! My son could be a Strill, he's been going crazy since I got here with hopes that he could join once I reach OM status. Now he will have the opportunity to get a head start.

I had a though on communications: since there are Sgts. in charge of the 3 levels, could a Facebook page be set up for the young warriors to communicate? I am not sure as to what "legalities" are, but I think it wouldn't hurt looking into it. The Sgts. could monitor/restrict the site to prevent unwanted issues. Just some thoughts.

RamEz

Legally, Facebook has the same restrictions as forums.  Facebook rules say you must be 13+ to join.

Nixx Kallos

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Award for 50 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #40 on: Mar 13, 2013, 10:38 PM »
Is this of the kids of official members only? I was unclear on this. I know my son would love to be a part of it but I am not an Official member yet.

Aliit ori'shya tal'din  -  Family is more than blood
Armor w.i.p. - http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=62636.0
Weapon w.i.p. - http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=61424.0

Ran

• Not the crown makes the king.
« Reply #41 on: Mar 13, 2013, 10:42 PM »
Is this of the kids of official members only? I was unclear on this. I know my son would love to be a part of it but I am not an Official member yet.
Nope. Kids of OMs can join the mercs officially as Verd'ika members. This however is open to any kid, whether or not there parents are mercs. ;)

Scratch Build WIP
Art Thread
"Can your science explain the magic of rainbows?"
"Light defraction through moisture in the atmosphere."
"... It's a sad world you live in."

Nixx Kallos

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Award for 50 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #42 on: Mar 13, 2013, 10:50 PM »
Nope. Kids of OMs can join the mercs officially as Verd'ika members. This however is open to any kid, whether or not there parents are mercs. ;)
Fantastic! Thanks

Aliit ori'shya tal'din  -  Family is more than blood
Armor w.i.p. - http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=62636.0
Weapon w.i.p. - http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=61424.0

Baelin Halon

• United by the Creed
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 50 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #43 on: Mar 13, 2013, 11:57 PM »

Parent's permission, however, is mandatory.

Luke Skirata

• Ibic Mandokar
« Reply #44 on: Mar 14, 2013, 11:48 AM »
Back on to the topic of costumes, I have one more question.  I know store-bought costumes are acceptable, but how about modified ones?  For example, if I bought a Pre Viszla, painted it to match my custom Mando, added some bits, so on, would there be separate requirements for quality of the conversion or would that just fall under "store-bought and approved".

Biohazard

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #45 on: Mar 14, 2013, 11:54 AM »
My understanding is that as long as it looks Mandalorian, it will be allowed regardless of origin or quality. It's more about the mentality and the group than it is about a costume. :)

Luke Skirata

• Ibic Mandokar
« Reply #46 on: Mar 14, 2013, 12:35 PM »
My understanding is that as long as it looks Mandalorian, it will be allowed regardless of origin or quality. It's more about the mentality and the group than it is about a costume. :)

Ok, thanks

Ca'tra Firaxan

« Reply #47 on: Mar 14, 2013, 02:57 PM »
Cool! Now I can have a store bought custom! I will probably loosely follow crls

Alden Remos

• Professor shebs
« Reply #48 on: Mar 14, 2013, 09:25 PM »
Well... I think I'll just stay on the MMC forums.

I will act against them with great vengeance and with wrathful punishments. When I execute my vengeance against them, they will know that I am the Lord." Ezekiel 25:17

Towhan Svel

• wat
« Reply #49 on: Mar 15, 2013, 09:03 AM »
Definetly gonna make my armour per Mercs CRL's. Well, the first set anyways...

You start with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!