Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Verd'ika Corps - NOW LIVE!

• 223 Replies

Ran

• Not the crown makes the king.
Re: Verd'ika Corps Announcement
« Reply #75 on: Apr 08, 2013, 11:40 PM »
May seems so far away! :P

Scratch Build WIP
Art Thread
"Can your science explain the magic of rainbows?"
"Light defraction through moisture in the atmosphere."
"... It's a sad world you live in."

Ca'tra Firaxan

• Proud procrastinator since 2013
« Reply #76 on: Apr 08, 2013, 11:42 PM »
Far away, huh? I spent the entire day on an airplane. :laugh:
Moving from Boston area to San Francisco. But yeah, may seems really far away.

Towhan Svel

• wat
« Reply #77 on: Apr 08, 2013, 11:44 PM »
Well, it's a day closer for us  :laugh:

You start with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.

Ca'tra Firaxan

« Reply #78 on: Apr 08, 2013, 11:48 PM »
 :(
Now I am 3 hrs farther away from may!

Manbrolorian

• TI-11997
« Reply #79 on: Apr 09, 2013, 12:25 AM »
Stay on topic, or take it to the PMs, guys. I'm gettin' tired of having to scroll through your off-topic nonsense just to re-read some Corps relevant details.

he/him
black lives matter!

Mandalore the Uniter

• Herder of Cats
  • Uniting the Faithful.
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Celebration Chicago Celebration Orlando 2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #80 on: Apr 09, 2013, 07:23 AM »
So the Verd'ika Corps is pretty much Galactic Academy for Mandos? I think it's a good idea for verd'ikas to feel recognized  :)

Sort-of, but Verd'ika Corps is quite different in one respect.  Challenges!

The best way to describe the challenge system is to think about it like your own personal video game.  Each year the Training Sergeants will issues 9 total challenges per Battalion.  Recruits will need to complete a minimum of 3 to qualify for their annual challenge patch.  When you complete 1 challenge in each category (Craftsmanship, Community, Invasion) you'll receive a badge on your membership profile (visual database of all Corps recruits).  As you complete more challenges in a category, your "skill level" will go up and a new badge will be awarded.  You'll be able to earn 3 levels in each category (Novice, Journeyman, Expert).

As long as you complete your minimum 3 challenges per year (Novice) then you'll earn your annual challenge patch.  You can collect a patch for each year, and as you change Battalions the patch will change also.  Think of the challenge patch as a merit badge.  :)

I had an awesome sig once, till Photobucket killed it. *frownyface*

Dresdon Acacin

• Do it right the first time or don't do it at all.
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a Celebration Chicago 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #81 on: Apr 09, 2013, 07:51 AM »
I'm probably gonna build a really cheap mando costume.

eww, wth C'atra, you noob.

Work while they sleep   Learn while they party   Save while they spend   Live like they dream

Oryon

• Ωryon: Honourable Duelist and Deathwatch Hunter
« Reply #82 on: Apr 09, 2013, 09:43 AM »

eww, wth C'atra, you noob.

Is Dresdon an verd'ika too?!

About the challenges, will they change each year or will they be the same ones, if so can we get a list ;D

M.A.D. #031    M.A. #087    24er    M.A.B.E.L. #020    M.L.C.S. #19    WIP    Helmet

Mandalore the Uniter

• Herder of Cats
  • Uniting the Faithful.
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Celebration Chicago Celebration Orlando 2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #83 on: Apr 09, 2013, 09:48 AM »
About the challenges, will they change each year or will they be the same ones, if so can we get a list ;D

Yes, they won't be the same challenge every year.  Some challenges may come back around over the years or between Battalions, but you also have to remember that as you rise through the Battalions, the challenges will get harder.  Mythosaur Battalion will always have the most difficult challenges, because that group is preparing to become Official Members. 

Also, Mandalorians don't do "lists".   ;)

Oryon

« Reply #84 on: Apr 09, 2013, 09:50 AM »
Okay, thanks... So then, if there's no list, what constitutes as a "Hard" challenge? ;D

M.A.D. #031    M.A. #087    24er    M.A.B.E.L. #020    M.L.C.S. #19    WIP    Helmet

Mandalore the Uniter

• Herder of Cats
  • Uniting the Faithful.
« Reply #85 on: Apr 09, 2013, 10:46 AM »
So then, if there's no list, what constitutes as a "Hard" challenge? ;D

Build me a helmet out of your tears. 

That challenging enough?   :P

Ulrik Kanteer

• Conquer your fear......or die a coward
  • Awards 40% increase or more Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 50 official invasions. Award for 25 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #86 on: Apr 09, 2013, 10:54 AM »
To give a little more insight in regards to the Challenges myself and the other Training Sergeants will strive to keep it interesting and worth the effort., our goal is to make the challenegs more than just an achievment but a part of your transition into becoming a full Mandalorian Mercs as well as have some fun along the way. I look forward to working with all of you and getting to know you more as well as I'd like to read up your RP might I have some of the  threads so I can enjoy your stories as well, who knows maybe a challenege or two may derive form it  ;)

Ruusaan Ordo

• Profile Pic by Senaar Ordo
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Skittles is the award for the most colourful picture of Mandos. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #87 on: Apr 09, 2013, 11:13 AM »
And we'll be trying to teach you useful skills for building your armor too. I'm planning on putting together patterns for different pieces you can learn to sew, for example.

And I'll second Ulrik's idea, I'd love to read your RP threads. :)

Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum Vega, Leah, Remo, Aaron

MMCC#0503-MAJIC#23-M.A.#103-MTS#15-QMG#05

PTCES by Niabi Vok'Chi, on Flickr

Ca'tra Firaxan

« Reply #88 on: Apr 09, 2013, 11:56 AM »
To give a little more insight in regards to the Challenges myself and the other Training Sergeants will strive to keep it interesting and worth the effort., our goal is to make the challenegs more than just an achievment but a part of your transition into becoming a full Mandalorian Mercs as well as have some fun along the way. I look forward to working with all of you and getting to know you more as well as I'd like to read up your RP might I have some of the  threads so I can enjoy your stories as well, who knows maybe a challenege or two may derive form it  ;)
So like Towhan has to build Nanites? :laugh:

Dresdon Acacin

• Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a Celebration Chicago 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #89 on: Apr 09, 2013, 11:57 AM »
Is Dresdon an verd'ika too?!

Ye

Build me a helmet out of your tears. 

CHALLANGE ACCEPTED.

In fact, I accept any Corps challenge.

« Last Edit: Apr 09, 2013, 05:30 PM by Dresdon Acacin » Logged
Work while they sleep   Learn while they party   Save while they spend   Live like they dream

Luke Skirata

• Ibic Mandokar
« Reply #90 on: Apr 09, 2013, 04:23 PM »
Also, Mandalorians don't do "lists".   ;)

Sure they do... hit lists, bounty listings, the list goes on and on (see what I did there?) ;)

Towhan Svel

• wat
« Reply #91 on: Apr 09, 2013, 05:06 PM »
So like Towhan has to build Nanites? :laugh:

I would if I could!

You start with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.

Dresdon Acacin

« Reply #92 on: Apr 09, 2013, 05:31 PM »
So if we have a Verd'ika membership, can we still be on the MMCC forums?

Oryon

« Reply #93 on: Apr 09, 2013, 06:43 PM »
Sure they do... hit lists, bounty listings, the list goes on and on (see what I did there?) ;)

They don't make those lists though :P

Biohazard

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #94 on: Apr 09, 2013, 06:50 PM »
So if we have a Verd'ika membership, can we still be on the MMCC forums?

Of course, as long as you're 13+ years old, yo'ure free to stick around here. Just think of the VC as an extension that you can be apart of until you are a legal adult and can join the Mercs. :)

Ran

• Not the crown makes the king.
« Reply #95 on: Apr 09, 2013, 07:36 PM »
Of course, as long as you're 13+ years old, yo'ure free to stick around here. Just think of the VC as an extension that you can be apart of until you are a legal adult and can join the Mercs. :)

Freddi- err.... Biohazard, I didn't know you had to be over 13 to use the forum.

Scratch Build WIP
Art Thread
"Can your science explain the magic of rainbows?"
"Light defraction through moisture in the atmosphere."
"... It's a sad world you live in."

Biohazard

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #96 on: Apr 09, 2013, 07:47 PM »
Freddi- err.... Biohazard, I didn't know you had to be over 13 to use the forum.

We've had to introduce that rule to protect ourselves and our younger fans.

Nixx Kallos

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Award for 50 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #97 on: Apr 09, 2013, 08:58 PM »
Sort-of, but Verd'ika Corps is quite different in one respect.  Challenges!

The best way to describe the challenge system is to think about it like your own personal video game.  Each year the Training Sergeants will issues 9 total challenges per Battalion.  Recruits will need to complete a minimum of 3 to qualify for their annual challenge patch.  When you complete 1 challenge in each category (Craftsmanship, Community, Invasion) you'll receive a badge on your membership profile (visual database of all Corps recruits).  As you complete more challenges in a category, your "skill level" will go up and a new badge will be awarded.  You'll be able to earn 3 levels in each category (Novice, Journeyman, Expert).

As long as you complete your minimum 3 challenges per year (Novice) then you'll earn your annual challenge patch.  You can collect a patch for each year, and as you change Battalions the patch will change also.  Think of the challenge patch as a merit badge.  :)

I like this. It's like boy scouts for mandos..

Aliit ori'shya tal'din  -  Family is more than blood
Armor w.i.p. - http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=62636.0
Weapon w.i.p. - http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=61424.0

Oryon

« Reply #98 on: Apr 09, 2013, 09:00 PM »

I like this. It's like boy scouts for mandos..

I was in scouts *Shudders* It was not the best experience... walking from door to door to sell popcorn in -20 (Celsius) Is not very pleasurable!

Biohazard

« Reply #99 on: Apr 09, 2013, 09:20 PM »
walking from door to door to sell popcorn in -20 (Celsius) Is not very pleasurable!

We won't ask you to do that. :)

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!