Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

"Canon" pistols for Jaster Mereel (finished blasters on page 2) WIP

• 46 Replies

Ru'Der Marekar

• Aka’lit Sol’yc!
  • Awards Award for 75 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions 40+ hrs Charity 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions
This is the primary pictorial reference I am using to build a pair of blasters for my up and coming Jaster Mereel kit:

I had a couple Hasbro rebel blasters that looked close so decided to use them as the base for these pistols:

I cut off the barrel & back end of the hasbro and stripped the "nerf" internals. I left the scope light wired to the trigger so it lights up when pulling the trigger.
Added a CPVC reducer coupling on the scope, trimmed the original barrel to mount on the back of blaster body and cut/shaped some PVC piping to make the barrel:

Next Step: More trimming, sanding and shaping to complete fit-up of all the parts.

Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated  8)

« Last Edit: Mar 29, 2013, 03:40 PM by Ru'Der Marekar » Logged
I do not offer empty platitudes! I do not offer easy victories!
Crusader Era Armor WIP - Crusader Era Helm WIP - Jaster Mereel Pistols WIP - SWTOR Electro-Staff Tutorial

Jorg Mereel

• There are far worse things awaiting man than death
  • Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
Re: Cannon pistols for Jaster Mereel (aka Jaster Blasters =) WIP
« Reply #1 on: Mar 20, 2013, 08:41 PM »
Great start, vod! I'm a fan of DH-17s, and seeing them "Mandoized" is pretty neat!

Following with interest!

Manbrolorian

• TI-11997
« Reply #2 on: Mar 20, 2013, 08:56 PM »

I've got a spare DH-17 that's just been collecting dust, so I think I finally know what to do with it... Looks good, Ru'Der! Can't wait to see 'em finished up.  ;D

Fenn Beviin

• MMCC #: 2116
  • Awards Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member
« Reply #3 on: Mar 20, 2013, 09:30 PM »
I agree. Already looking pretty tight. Looking forward to the finished product

"Try not to become a man of success, but a man of value."

Instagram: mythos_fenn_shysa

Mythos Fenn Arms (A Sales Thread): https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=174182.msg2066382#new

Fenn Shysa WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=80765.0

SEE-5 blaster pistol and misc blasters: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=110659.msg1820500

Ca'tra Firaxan

• Proud procrastinator since 2013
« Reply #4 on: Mar 20, 2013, 09:49 PM »
If you look at the sight in jaster's blaster, it is the rebel one turned around. Maybe to make this, LucasFilm messed with a DH-17 (one of the coolest guns in the universe)

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Hey there, hi there, ho there.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #5 on: Mar 21, 2013, 02:58 PM »
Thats looking awesome vod ;) keep up the good work ;)

VABS : M.A. #006  24er :  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

Ca'tra Firaxan

« Reply #6 on: Mar 21, 2013, 03:37 PM »
If you are confused with sight, I meant scope but I was tired.

Ru'Der Marekar

• Aka’lit Sol’yc!
  • Awards Award for 75 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions 40+ hrs Charity 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #7 on: Mar 27, 2013, 09:06 PM »
Made some more progress today! Both blasters are ready for priming and painting  8)

I do not offer empty platitudes! I do not offer easy victories!
Crusader Era Armor WIP - Crusader Era Helm WIP - Jaster Mereel Pistols WIP - SWTOR Electro-Staff Tutorial

Ca'tra Firaxan

« Reply #8 on: Mar 27, 2013, 09:10 PM »
Cool!

Fenn Beviin

• MMCC #: 2116
  • Awards Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member
« Reply #9 on: Mar 27, 2013, 09:44 PM »
Ooooo! Keep it up

"Try not to become a man of success, but a man of value."

Instagram: mythos_fenn_shysa

Mythos Fenn Arms (A Sales Thread): https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=174182.msg2066382#new

Fenn Shysa WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=80765.0

SEE-5 blaster pistol and misc blasters: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=110659.msg1820500

Cin Vhe'rang

• No Kill Like Overkill
  • Awards Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #10 on: Mar 27, 2013, 11:34 PM »
Made some more progress today! Both blasters are ready for priming and painting  8)

That is an AWESOME mod!  Good stuff, vod!  How well do those grips fit in your hands?  It was a little small in my hand.

Cando Pax

• Legacy
  • Awards Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #11 on: Mar 28, 2013, 12:38 AM »
Is Cannon the name for them? Because they don't look big enough to be considered cannons. O.o

Cin Vhe'rang

• No Kill Like Overkill
  • Awards Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #12 on: Mar 28, 2013, 12:57 AM »
Is Cannon the name for them? Because they don't look big enough to be considered cannons. O.o
He meant to say "canon," but they no longer teach proper English in schools.  Easy mistake to make.

Cando Pax

• Legacy
  • Awards Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #13 on: Mar 28, 2013, 01:51 AM »
Oh. My apology. I misunderstood. :)

Zedrin Ho'dag

• Nothing's impossible; impossible just takes longer
  • Awards Celebration Chicago Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Best Blaster: Pistol is the award for the best pistol. Funny that!
« Reply #14 on: Mar 28, 2013, 07:30 AM »
What is that awesome piece in the back!?  What that a custom mod, or did you purchase it that way?

Very well done.   8)

MMCC-0537 | M.A.J.I.C-047 | M.A-025 | M.A.D-004 | B.E.A.R.D.S.-028 | V.A.B.S.-004 | V.R.C.A.-069 | S.O.S.-013 | O.S.B.A.-000

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!