Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Kyp's Plates. (Remo Tribute kit) REDU!

• 237 Replies

Kel Toi

• The Kilted Mando!
Kyp's Plates. (Remo Tribute kit) REDU!
« on: Mar 30, 2013, 11:02 AM »
I thought i would use the forum properly for a change and heres what i have so far.

New backplate, still needs a trim etc. Made from 6mm sintra.

Still to do make...knee's and spat (boot) plates.

« Last Edit: Jun 29, 2014, 01:35 PM by Kyp Vok'Chi » Logged

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Hey there, hi there, ho there.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
Re: Kel's Plates.
« Reply #1 on: Mar 30, 2013, 02:00 PM »
Nice start bud ;) looking forward to seeing it come together ;)

VABS : M.A. #006  24er :  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

Kel Toi

• The Kilted Mando!
« Reply #2 on: Mar 30, 2013, 02:36 PM »
Cheers mate, its great fun to be building again  :D

TrooperJasher

• Squiggle me this...
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Beastmaster Brigade Member
« Reply #3 on: Mar 31, 2013, 08:36 PM »
Happy to see you building again!

bioshutt

• Haastal Videk M.A. #027
« Reply #4 on: Mar 31, 2013, 10:45 PM »
glad to see the kilted mando back at it!

Adam V. S.
Beskar'gam http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=39139.0
One mind, any weapon
My Dragons

Kel Toi

• The Kilted Mando!
« Reply #5 on: Apr 01, 2013, 08:29 AM »
Cheers guys, more this week.

pinocchio

• The Biscalor
  • Awards Celebration Chicago Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #6 on: Apr 01, 2013, 09:56 PM »
yep, good start sir

COMPLAINING DOES NOT GIVE YOU POWER, BUT CREATING WILL.

Kel Toi

• The Kilted Mando!
« Reply #7 on: Sep 14, 2013, 08:59 AM »
Rise ya wee BEAST!

Backplate done and waiting on paint, gaunts and clamshells are done but need to greeblie up the top half and knees...rough as a badgers putoot at the mo but getting there.

Remo molded this back plate last time he was up, so its spot ON!

Gaunts, LOTS to do yet...

Rough knees,

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
Re: Kyp's Plates.
« Reply #8 on: Sep 14, 2013, 09:42 AM »
Nice progress bud, and that backplate is top notch ;)

I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

Kel Toi

• The Kilted Mando!
Re: Kyp's Plates.
« Reply #9 on: Sep 14, 2013, 10:05 AM »
Cheers bruv, i had molded it to my sons back lol Then Remo came up and gave it a fare bit of a difference. Marked where i needed to trim too, just needs primer n paint now. The gaunts were larger Jango shins, which Chris and i sized for cutting and shaping. The bottom clam is pvc pipe which i will attach when the greebs are done, just to give me some working room.

Kel Toi

• The Kilted Mando!
Re: Kyp's Plates. (Remo Tribute kit)
« Reply #10 on: Oct 03, 2013, 06:57 AM »
So...leaving the alpha plates for another kit. So...Made up and shaped some 6mm sintra to suit Remo's ab-plate and vest. More soon.

Still to add a diamond and thats the plates done, then paint  :D With the obvious placement stuff to get sorted without fingers.

Ashen Kelborn

• Returning from hiatus
  • Awards Family events 267th Rapid Assault Special Weapons TCW and Rebels Canon Mandalorians Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #11 on: Oct 03, 2013, 09:27 AM »
*nods aproavingly* top notch start Kyp, will keep watching so I know what high standard I need to keep  ;)

Kel Toi

• The Kilted Mando!
« Reply #12 on: Oct 03, 2013, 11:56 AM »
Cheers mate, primed and base coat done. Gonni let it cure over night then get some masking done.

Dar'manda

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #13 on: Oct 03, 2013, 12:34 PM »
Those are some sexy plates.  I love seeing when folks take time to round and smooth the edges and corners of their armor.  Makes it look way more realistic.

Kel Toi

• The Kilted Mando!
« Reply #14 on: Oct 03, 2013, 12:39 PM »
Cheers Tag, i want this to be my best yet.

Thaxos

• Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #15 on: Oct 03, 2013, 01:31 PM »
Looking great, glad to see you are also implementing one of Remo's plates.

Kel Toi

• The Kilted Mando!
« Reply #16 on: Oct 03, 2013, 01:34 PM »
Cheers, not just a plate. His vest, girth, pouches and kama. I will be blending the plates to the ab, but in different shades of grey and blue plus gold sigs. Fingers crossed it works out.

Thaxos

• Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #17 on: Oct 03, 2013, 01:35 PM »
Ah, excellent. Only saw the photo of the plate, didn't realize there were more elements being shared.

Can't wait to see how this build turns out.

Kel Toi

• The Kilted Mando!
« Reply #18 on: Oct 03, 2013, 01:41 PM »
Aye mate, most of the Vok'chi have one or two of his plates etc. He will always be troopin with us wherever we go.

Weeks before he died i changed my name as he said i was Kyp in his story, i also asked about copying some of his sigs. But he said no, git your own lol so i will design some to fit the look, the plates i add will probably be a bit darker than his when im done.

Thaxos

« Reply #19 on: Oct 03, 2013, 01:48 PM »
I'm just waiting to see the other threads crop up as to who will be wearing what.  ;)

I like that a lot have been new kits to incorporate some of his gear.

Kel Toi

• The Kilted Mando!
« Reply #20 on: Oct 03, 2013, 02:05 PM »
Gonni be a hard act to follow mate, but when i was doin my plates today i could nearly hear his critiqe and remembered everything he showed me. He helped me shape the backplate so i need to try something special for that.

Im out of my comfort zone doing this type of template work as ive only ever did jaig eyes before. But if it doesnt come out right its gettin sanded back and started again, determined to get this right.

Thaxos

« Reply #21 on: Oct 03, 2013, 02:15 PM »
I'm certain you'll do him proud.

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
« Reply #22 on: Oct 03, 2013, 03:39 PM »
those plates are looking great bud ;) really nice work

Kel Toi

• The Kilted Mando!
« Reply #23 on: Oct 03, 2013, 03:42 PM »
Cheers mate, thanks for keepin an eye in here. If ye see somethin -censored-, dont be shy.

Kel Toi

• The Kilted Mando!
« Reply #24 on: Oct 04, 2013, 09:11 AM »
Secondary colour done.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!