Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Maryland Family In Need -- We Need Cards!

• 21 Replies

Iviin'kyr Falco

• Omae wa mou shindeiru!
  • Awards Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Special Operations Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad 6 or more Education Points in a single year.
Maryland Family In Need -- We Need Cards!
« on: Apr 11, 2013, 08:30 AM »
ATTENTION ALL MERCS WITH TRADING CARDS!!!

Across the Star Wars costuming community, we are trying to send them as many trading cards as we can.

Quote from: Jace_Mereel
On January 31st, a Maryland family lost everything in a house fire. Worse, they lost their two youngest daughters, Sophie and Madigan. They're surviving daughter, Morgan, is 8 years old and a huge Star Wars fan.

The mom has been asking friends and family to send cards to Morgan with words of encouragement and support while they try to rebuild their lives. A neighbor got in touch with us and we'd love to get on board.

The Plan:

In the next couple weeks, we'd like as many people as we can get to write a card to Morgan. When lots of cards are gathered, we'll set up a time to present all the goodies to Morgan, in person and in costume!

A lot of you have contacts in other garrisons, so please pass this along to them! The more the merrier!

When you're done, you can mail them to me at the below address.

The mom is really excited about this and I know we can blow them away with support. Thanks in advance!

Emily Zalewski
8763 Town & Country Blvd Apt E
ellicott city, md 21043

http://www.501st.com/forum/posting.php?mode=quote&p=915494
http://www.wusa9.com/news/article/240961/189/Sophie-Lillard-and-Madigan-Lillard-Die-In-Myersville-Md-Fire-Jack-Angela-Morgan-Sadie-Lillard-Taken-To-Hospital

-David (TrooperPX)

ID, DZ, CT, IS, DZ, IG, TI, IC, IC, TK, TS, SL, SL, TB, DS, TR, BH, TA, ID, TI, DZ , DZ, TX

Iviin'kyr Falco #0412 : Hukaatir Falco #0412b : Mando Hood #0421c : SaaSa TsuTsu'Ku #0421d
M.A.J.I.C. #075 : K.M.B. #10 : M.A. #042 : E.M.T.S. #50 : B.O.O.M. #25 : M.A.R.S. #53 : M.I.B. #21 : MVS #7 : N.D.W.O. #17 : N.H. #8 : GBOTG #14 : XMG #14 : TCB #39 : VBV #18

Gel'ren Drask

• Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 75 official invasions. Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 50 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions
Re: Maryland Family In Need -- We Need Cards!
« Reply #1 on: Apr 11, 2013, 10:44 AM »
I don't have any cards of my own but me and Dexa will send some extras that we have and a couple good shots of us.

Gel'ren "Mercelangelo" Drask Firestorm Clan
E.M.T.S #40
B.E.A.R.D.S #23

Iviin'kyr Falco

• Omae wa mou shindeiru!
  • Awards Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Special Operations Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad 6 or more Education Points in a single year.
« Reply #2 on: Apr 11, 2013, 10:57 AM »
That's great, thank you!  Kimberly and I are sending our RL and 501st cards... and with our Mercs cards I'm going to drop in a Falco Clan patch.   8)

... and a couple good shots of us.
Personalized "glossies"... cool idea.   ;)

-David (TrooperPX)

ID, DZ, CT, IS, DZ, IG, TI, IC, IC, TK, TS, SL, SL, TB, DS, TR, BH, TA, ID, TI, DZ , DZ, TX

Iviin'kyr Falco #0412 : Hukaatir Falco #0412b : Mando Hood #0421c : SaaSa TsuTsu'Ku #0421d
M.A.J.I.C. #075 : K.M.B. #10 : M.A. #042 : E.M.T.S. #50 : B.O.O.M. #25 : M.A.R.S. #53 : M.I.B. #21 : MVS #7 : N.D.W.O. #17 : N.H. #8 : GBOTG #14 : XMG #14 : TCB #39 : VBV #18

Dexa

• Awards Award for 100 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Daily Horrors is the award for the best photo of Mandos doing everyday tasks. Celebration Anaheim 2022 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
« Reply #3 on: Apr 11, 2013, 10:57 AM »
Yes, ALL of my extras of other including R2-KT. Also I have some photos I can send too.

MMCC #691

Lem'zig Dee

• WEAPON OF MASS PERCUSSION
  • Awards Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 50 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #4 on: Apr 11, 2013, 11:14 AM »
On it!  Is this posted on the Mercs' FB page for us to share with other clubs?

IG  -  @suzylamoureuxdrums

Chro

• Rebel Spy
  • Like lukewarm water.
  • Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Mobile Engineers Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #5 on: Apr 11, 2013, 11:44 AM »
Wow. Just...wow. Cards sent. All day.

Chro on FB    |    Wampa Clan Ver’alor    |    Podcast Team

Iviin'kyr Falco

• Omae wa mou shindeiru!
« Reply #6 on: Apr 11, 2013, 01:08 PM »
On it!  Is this posted on the Mercs' FB page for us to share with other clubs?

It was originally posted on the 501st board, then cross posted on the RL board.  I grabbed it and put it up here.  If a mod can post it on the Mercs FB page that would be great.  (...I didn't know the protocol for posting something like this on the Mercs FB page.)  Thank you.   :)

-David (TrooperPX)

Deimos Ordo

• Nah....I'm good
  • Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 The most special of operatives Accessorised is the award for the best non-weapon prop. Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #7 on: Apr 11, 2013, 03:00 PM »
I will get some cards together for sure.

Mandalore the Uniter

• Herder of Cats
  • Uniting the Faithful.
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Celebration Chicago Celebration Orlando 2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #8 on: Apr 11, 2013, 03:07 PM »
I've posted it on the MMCC Facebook page, and shared it across all my pages.

I can drop something in the mail early next week.

I had an awesome sig once, till Photobucket killed it. *frownyface*

Boz Ving

• The Hero of Jakku
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Award for 10 official invasions. 267th Rapid Assault Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #9 on: Apr 11, 2013, 03:43 PM »
BVC sigil, cosplay card, and autographed pic on the way!

"The armor I wear is 500 years old. I reforged it to my liking, but the battles, the history, the blood, all lives within it, and the same goes for every Mandalorian."-Sabine Wren

Kebii'tra Verda

• Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017 Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #10 on: Apr 11, 2013, 03:44 PM »
I'll get some in the mail tomorrow.

daVID.

#0127a Kebii'tra Verda
267th Brigade "Remo's Raiders"
Above and Beyond

Fenrir Bralor

• All right. Let's go.
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #11 on: Apr 11, 2013, 04:30 PM »
I don't have any cards but I'd like to help any way I can. Let me know what I can do.

jinstarkiller

• AKA JIn Kal
« Reply #12 on: Apr 11, 2013, 04:33 PM »
I have posted it on the 105th Facebook page to see what we can do, also at our monthly AP we are going to have a card for everyone to sign for them that attends.

Why do we Mandalorians fight?

To bring honor to our culture and preserve the old ways of the Mando'ad. Be it fighting our own, the Empire, or the Republic.

David1083

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #13 on: Apr 11, 2013, 08:42 PM »
I don't have any cards but I'll help how ever you need me. just tell me what you want me to do, even if it's to just deliver them. I want to help

Iviin'kyr Falco

• Omae wa mou shindeiru!
« Reply #14 on: Apr 11, 2013, 10:33 PM »
A sympathy card by itself would be fine, that's all they originally asked for.   ;)  Some are doodling themselves inside the card, or for the less artistic, print out and sign a 4" x 6".    :D 

They'll post when they have a date and location for the Invasion/Troop, some time in late May or early June has been mentioned.

-David (TrooperPX)

Mandalore the Uniter

• Herder of Cats
  • Uniting the Faithful.
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Celebration Chicago Celebration Orlando 2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #15 on: Apr 16, 2013, 09:45 AM »
I want to bump this up and encourage everyone who can to please sent something.  I just sent out a small package full of stickers, temp tattoos, and extra clan/organizational patches. Lets let Morgan know that the Mandalorians are looking out for her.  :)

I had an awesome sig once, till Photobucket killed it. *frownyface*

Adenn-Verd

• Verd ori'shya beskar'gam
« Reply #16 on: Apr 17, 2013, 05:10 AM »
As a future officer of the up and coming MD, Baltimore area clan...this is something that really hits my heart... will bring this up in our next armor party at the end of this month. This is something we need to think of and make this clan move a little faster twoards being official. I myself am done with my kit. Just need to get the time off work to submit pics. 

Fettski

• The Crab'alor
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions 40+ hrs Charity 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 50 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #17 on: Oct 05, 2013, 12:31 PM »
Greetings Mercs,  I have been bugging Emily about this event and I believe we are looking at presenting this family and the dedication to the family on Nov 9th. This is still not set in stone.  I will try to post more details as I get them. We are very grateful for everything that has been sent and the all the love and support from fellow Mercs.  I will be attending in my Mando kit with some 501st members as well and will try to have someone on site to get plenty of pics.

Aliit ori'shya tal'din - "Family is more than blood.

Fettski

• The Crab'alor
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions 40+ hrs Charity 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 50 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #18 on: Nov 04, 2013, 08:55 AM »
We have the final information for this event.  It will be at Adventure Park USA near Frederick MD at 330 on Nov 9th.  If anyone is in the area and would like to attend please post here or PM me.  Old Line Garrison will have several troopers as well as The Rebel Legion Terrapin Station.  They do not have a space to fit us or to secure armor bins so we are getting dressed in the parking lot then bringing her out to us so we do not get mobbed by the rest of the crowd and maintain the attention on Morgan.

Fettski

• The Crab'alor
« Reply #19 on: Nov 10, 2013, 09:41 AM »
The event went very well.  Thanks to all the contributions, we had a very nice assortment of cards and gifts for Morgan.  Even a signed print from the voice of Asohka, Ashley Eckstein. 
Mando's in attendance, Myself, Vultana with his Jango Fett, and DarkNoize.  We are the OM's in the MD area working on getting our Clan set up.
Here are just a few pics.
We 3 Mandos had a very important Bounty to collect.

Morgan with the Rebel Legion Terrapin Base, Mando Mercs, and 501st Old Line Garrison and i believe we had 1 or 2 from Garrison Tyranus.

Morgan was very happy to see all of the gifts.  I am sure the pain from her loss was put back in her mind even if just for a little while.

Morgan and all of her friends from the Birthday Party

Iviin'kyr Falco

• Omae wa mou shindeiru!
« Reply #20 on: Nov 10, 2013, 08:29 PM »
Well done vode.  I'm glad this was able to come together.   :)

-David (TrooperPX)

jinstarkiller

• AKA JIn Kal
« Reply #21 on: Nov 11, 2013, 10:18 AM »
Very nice and well done by all

Why do we Mandalorians fight?

To bring honor to our culture and preserve the old ways of the Mando'ad. Be it fighting our own, the Empire, or the Republic.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!