Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Harness Systems

• 19 Replies
Re: Harness Systems
« Reply #15 on: Apr 27, 2010, 04:23 PM »
Something that might be of use to someone (even though I am new to this hobby/ way of life)  is the military back pack.  I saw a few at the army surplus store today, but didn't plan on making a back pack, so didn't get one.   They come with a great way to support it, plenty of places to attach things, and I'm sure there not hard to mod to put just about anything on.

This is what I am planning on using for mine.  I will post some pix of the military backpack system for you.  The old ones use aluminum tubing, but the newer ones are strong black plastic.  You can also attach any straps that you like.

Zevlar Rayco

• MMCC197 M.A.J.I.C 59
  • Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #16 on: Apr 27, 2010, 09:31 PM »
Tags looks amazingly like the one over on TK-409's site.
http://tk409.com/fett.html
look down the right side & you'll find it.

"Let your woes become your deadliest weapons."

Dresdon Acacin

• Do it right the first time or don't do it at all.
  • Awards Celebration Chicago 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #17 on: Dec 25, 2011, 10:21 PM »
I was going to have a shoe maker make me a "4 point" leather backpack style X harness with a buckle between the    >    <    because I am welding mine out of 3mm aluminum         I chese teh aluminum because it would be less painfull when I get weathering...

Work while they sleep   Learn while they party   Save while they spend   Live like they dream

Baraga Synn

• Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #18 on: Oct 22, 2015, 07:27 AM »
does anyone sell the harness already completed
?

« Reply #19 on: Oct 24, 2015, 09:08 PM »
I opted not to go with a harness for my jetpack.  My pack is a standard Boba style pack and is made from sintra, cardstock, PVC tubes, various plastic bottle parts, and some bondo.  It weighs only 5 pounds total.  It bolts directly to my back plate with four 1/4" bolts.  The back plate then bolts onto my vest's shoulders with an additional four 1/4" bolts.  (There's also a lot of velcro between the vest and the back plate.)  My vest is adjustable and fits very snug and is very comfortable to wear even with the back plate and jetpack bolted on.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!