Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Point's Vest Pattern + Build tute *currently afflicted by the Photobucket Thing*

• 96 Replies
Tis a scratch

Pointoforigin

• Pointy Stick Wielder
  • Mukal Warosi
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad
That's a discussion better suited to another thread I think :) Let's keep this one on the vest.

Got my vest today! fits well, made for me by torchy!

I'm just a simple kid trying to make my way in the universe.
Not trying to necropost here, but does anyone have copies of the pics from the original post? I'd love to follow the tutorial, but the Photobucket thing is making it tough to see the pics.

Or is it possible for the original poster to host the pics in a new location?

I'd like to start working on my vest soon, and am struggling to find a good tutorial that has working pictures.

Thanks!

There are plugins for Chrome and Firefox to get around the broken Photobucket links.  Forum rules forbid me from sharing any links, but try searching for Photobucket fix.

!EDIT!
Where on your body does the vest go to? Does it end eat the top of the hip bones, or what. It's one of the topics I've been struggling with.

First off Thank you for this amazing tutorial you have given me an excellent base to work off to finally develop my vest (after like a month and a half, whew). And secondly: how would this template be adjusted to account for the part of the vest that runs over top of the shoulders? obviously there has to be one or it would kinda just fall off of you.
In my ciphering I believe that it would run the length of the top exactly parallel to the top of the shoulder part of the vest but you are quite obviously much better at this than I am yet.

Thank you for your help
--UniXsolvent

« Last Edit: Apr 08, 2018, 10:17 PM by UniXsolvent » Logged

Pointoforigin

• Pointy Stick Wielder
  • Mukal Warosi
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad
So most of the time, your belt will sit higher than a normal everyday belt would. That means that the vest ends up at around bellybutton level (for Boba style) or lower, potentially tucked into the belt (for Jango style). You don't want it to sit over the top of the belt as there are no canon examples of this.

I'm not quite sure what you're asking about the shoulder part? The template shows the front and back panel, which joins at a shoulder seam. There's no other part that you have to come up with to make it work, just adjust the length of that seam based on your body. It's just like a shoulder seam you see on a normal T shirt. Apoligies if I have misunderstood your question

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!