Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

The Tough Mudder -mando up

• 52 Replies

Carid Vhett

• M.A.#048. YNWA
  • Awards Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Award for 25 official invasions.
Re: The Tough Mudder -mando up
« Reply #30 on: Aug 09, 2013, 09:06 AM »
This is why you don't want to wear your armor to a Tough Mudder event hahaha!

Why perfect weathering, it will look as if you just crawled through the mud.

I understand, no prisoners, only trophies
Death is always smiling at you, it is only polite to smile back.
Mhi kisol, mhi briikase kisol, mhi tsad be vode.
Keep Moving Forwards - Monty Oum

Thaxos

• Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #31 on: Aug 09, 2013, 11:15 AM »
Awesome job Ruusaan and Kell  :D

The Rules and Guides board has everything you need to learn how to utilize the forums!

Does your signature look cut off? Here's why!

Lem'zig Dee

• The Motörlorian
  • Awards Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 50 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #32 on: Aug 09, 2013, 11:15 AM »
Fantastic!  All these posts are keeping me motivated to get in shape.   ;D

Pointoforigin

• Pointy Stick Wielder
  • Mukal Warosi
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #33 on: Aug 09, 2013, 12:06 PM »
Lem, per FB you're doing great as is ;) Just gotta keep it up!

Tracyn Ordo

• THE NZ Bounty Hunter
  • Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #34 on: Aug 09, 2013, 07:26 PM »
Awesome stuff guys!

Tier

• Sometimes I'm hungry, other times I'm asleep.
  • Awards Beastmaster Brigade Member Award for 25 official invasions. Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 10 official invasions. EnviroOps
« Reply #35 on: Sep 18, 2013, 06:21 PM »
I'm signed up for the November event in NC... anyone else?

Mountain Ops #001 Beast Hunter #013 M.A.C.K. Daddy #002 Mando-Tough #037 B.E.A.R.D.S. #100

Carth "O'rni Mun'ki" Mabor

• I like Monkeys and Pie.
« Reply #36 on: Nov 24, 2013, 09:09 PM »
Okay, I'm doing it. 

Tier

• Awards Beastmaster Brigade Member Award for 25 official invasions. Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 10 official invasions. EnviroOps
« Reply #37 on: Nov 25, 2013, 10:14 AM »
Here's a pic of me (left) and my buddies at the Charlotte, NC TM. Talon represent!

Mountain Ops #001 Beast Hunter #013 M.A.C.K. Daddy #002 Mando-Tough #037 B.E.A.R.D.S. #100
« Reply #38 on: Nov 25, 2013, 12:04 PM »
I was already planning on running this year, and if I don't have my kit finished by then, well then I just fail at life. Thaxos, the Wisconsintough mudder is the weekend of september 7th, I know it's a couple weeks after wizard world, but it's probably the closest for you.

jirt

« Reply #39 on: Nov 25, 2013, 12:17 PM »
so it has come to my attention that the wounded warrior project doesnt accept charity money from just anyone... however the tough mudder is a funder for them. now several in Taakure Clan plan on undertaking this challenge sometime next year. and we want to officially invite any and all mercs to undertake this challenge with us (either at the same event as us, or across the us.)

THIS IS 100% WRONG. tough mudder does not donate to WWP!!!! I have been saying this for years, on there site if you read the fine print its says those who raise money for WWP will get a discount on their race ticket. NONE of the proceeds from a regular entry go into WWP. I MEAN NONE!!!! This is a touchy subject for me, cause I ran a tough mudder with a large group of people and the tickets were around $150 and to find out non of it went to WWP. Not to mention the race was crowded (I had to wait 45mins at one obstacle) and they don't time you. When you look at it's one huge money trap!

darthmayhem

• Garyth Skyblade Taakure- Medic
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Medic Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #40 on: Nov 30, 2013, 11:29 PM »
can you confirm all this with me?

-"O... that looks like it hurts, can i see your insurance card?"
-"First the doctor told me the good news: I was going to have a disease named after me."
-"The operation was a complete success, but the patient died of something else."
(Save Stripes XI)
M5 #19
Beards #07
mvs #06
KOMS # 22

jirt

« Reply #41 on: Dec 01, 2013, 05:12 PM »

Kered Taakure

• Tal'galar par Aliit
« Reply #42 on: Dec 03, 2013, 10:35 PM »
so it has come to my attention that the wounded warrior project doesnt accept charity money from just anyone... however the tough mudder is a funder for them. now several in Taakure Clan plan on undertaking this challenge sometime next year. and we want to officially invite any and all mercs to undertake this challenge with us (either at the same event as us, or across the us.)

THIS IS 100% WRONG. tough mudder does not donate to WWP!!!! I have been saying this for years, on there site if you read the fine print its says those who raise money for WWP will get a discount on their race ticket. NONE of the proceeds from a regular entry go into WWP. I MEAN NONE!!!! This is a touchy subject for me, cause I ran a tough mudder with a large group of people and the tickets were around $150 and to find out non of it went to WWP. Not to mention the race was crowded (I had to wait 45mins at one obstacle) and they don't time you. When you look at it's one huge money trap!

It seems that you raise money for WWP outside of the event and then run the event.  It's like when people do 5K's for cancer or something of that sort.  Its like any other event.  The entry that you pay is for the setup and venue along with anything that you might get to commemorate your run.  The WWP donations is what the runners get friends and family to donate to show support for your run and that is donated.

jirt

« Reply #43 on: Dec 04, 2013, 07:48 AM »
its still the fact the advertise it as if a portion of your entry fee goes toward WWP. Which is not the case, plus the race is around 175 to run so your telling me they cant donate 5% of that entry for WWP. Lets do some math really quick the race I ran had an easy 5000 people, so they collected around 875000 dollors, that's just the entry fees!!! 5% of that is 43750, well over the average year pay of a military member. It's a greed thing I have a problem with they try to sway you with illusion of mass donation to the WWP; when in truth your entry fee is lining the pockets of someone else.

And as far as the race it self goes. The course its self is extremely easy (if you are a runner), I worked out after the race. I waited for 45 minutes at an obstacle because they allow people to try again and again to complete it, unlike a Spartan race where if you fail you pay with a 30 burpee penalty. AND they don't time your race, (they say its not a race its a challenge) I call it too lazy for shoe trackers. Tough mudder left with a bad taste in my mouth. I have ran multiple obstacle course races TM, warrior dash, Spartan races, zombie runs you name it I've ran it probably. My favorite by far is the Blue mountain Spartan race, its only 4 miles but its the hardest race I've ever ran. Heed my words people!

Tier

« Reply #44 on: Dec 04, 2013, 08:48 AM »
^ Agreed on the ease of the race. Spartan was tougher.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!