Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

The Tough Mudder -mando up

• 52 Replies

darthmayhem

• Garyth Skyblade Taakure- Medic
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Medic Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
The Tough Mudder -mando up
« on: May 15, 2013, 11:08 AM »
so it has come to my attention that the wounded warrior project doesnt accept charity money from just anyone... however the tough mudder is a funder for them. now several in Taakure Clan plan on undertaking this challenge sometime next year. and we want to officially invite any and all mercs to undertake this challenge with us (either at the same event as us, or across the us.)

we will take before and after pictures, and are openely challenging any mercs to undertake it with us. This charity also hits home for me, as i am a veteran and fully support what these people do. and who knows if we get enough interest in this perhaps we will do a challenge coin run for all those that partake in the event.

so lets get us a roster going people :)

IF YOUR TEAM INCLUDES (lets try to keep the alorads in charge of the teams here people)

6 to 10 members, you each get a $5 refund!
      11 to 20 members, you each get a $10 refund!
      21+ members, you each get a $15 refund!

(looking at starting this event next year, giving everyone enough prep time and swag to be made and groups to be formed.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=azQbiz2vm_Q

« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 01:09 PM by darthmayhem » Logged
-"O... that looks like it hurts, can i see your insurance card?"
-"First the doctor told me the good news: I was going to have a disease named after me."
-"The operation was a complete success, but the patient died of something else."
(Save Stripes XI)
M5 #19
Beards #07
mvs #06
KOMS # 22

Pointoforigin

• Pointy Stick Wielder
  • Mukal Warosi
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad
Re: The Tough Mudder -mando up
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2013, 11:12 AM »
I'm doing it in October in Aus, dressed as Deadpool ;) That's the plan anyway. There's a few folks down under who have been supporting Wounded Warrior with this for at least a year now.

Kered Taakure

• Tal'galar par Aliit
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2013, 11:28 AM »
Representing Taakure Clan!

darthmayhem

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Medic Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2013, 11:40 AM »
I'm doing it in October in Aus, dressed as Deadpool ;) That's the plan anyway. There's a few folks down under who have been supporting Wounded Warrior with this for at least a year now.

awesome well hopefully we can get a good turn out on this

-"First the doctor told me the good news: I was going to have a disease named after me."
-"The operation was a complete success, but the patient died of something else."
(Save Stripes XI)
M5 #19
Beards #07
mvs #06
KOMS # 22

Ulrik Kanteer

• Conquer your fear......or die a coward
  • Awards 40% increase or more Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 50 official invasions. Award for 25 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2013, 12:45 PM »
I'll answer you Challenge Ner Vod, and i'll scream my battle cry across Texas to gather the troops. Trainign starts now as we are going to go to the October 26th Mudder in Dallas. Who else will answer this challenge......

darthmayhem

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2013, 10:39 PM »
glad to see you answer the call... (my post didnt post the other day :/) and bump for anyone else to see

(Save Stripes XI)
M5 #19
Beards #07
mvs #06
KOMS # 22

Pointoforigin

• Pointy Stick Wielder
  • Mukal Warosi
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2013, 12:38 PM »
A heads up,  Mercs will be instituting a Forum award for this, and other similar events. Criteria (at present) will be:

OM's only
Must complete event wearing Mercs shirt (or Clan shirt) Or full kit for you crazy crazy folks (MAV!)
Must have photo evidence of event completion, in said shirt
The event itself must sponsor a charity. IE, Tough Mudder donates to Legacy, whereas a lot of (generally easier) fun run style events require you to do your own fundraising for the cause they're supporting. Other eligible events could potentially include Warrior Dash, Spartan Race, that kind of thing.

We're working out a name for the award, I'd appreciate it if you could PM me suggestions, and any further brainstorming about criteria of events and eligibility.

darthmayhem

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2013, 02:54 PM »
Awesome ill jot down some things and send em your way

(Save Stripes XI)
M5 #19
Beards #07
mvs #06
KOMS # 22

Tracyn Ordo

• THE NZ Bounty Hunter
  • Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2013, 08:33 PM »
I really wish they would start doing this here in New Zealand!

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2013, 10:39 PM »
Wish I was OM. I'd defiantly do it. Possibly full kit, minus weapons, maybe I'd take them if aloud.  ;D Or maybe as a Clone Commando. Maybe in a few years, once I get OM.

Pointoforigin

• Pointy Stick Wielder
  • Mukal Warosi
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2013, 11:20 PM »
Keep in mind safety if you're doing it in kit. You're gonna have to be SUPER fit to start with, and then you gotta worry about restricted movement, things catching on things, being submerged in ice water while wearing a helmet, breakages, things falling off, losing boots in mud... list goes on.

You'll be badass sure but you might not be smart.

It's recommended to do events like this dressed in the bare minimum. Shorts shirt and shoes basically.

Briikase Runi

• Heed the call of Manda
« Reply #11 on: Jul 25, 2013, 12:42 PM »
These events will kick your butt.
I did one during a unit reunion 1/67 CAB 2nd Brg. 4th ID.
Only way My broken dissabled butt made it was becouse  my bros were there helping and mitovating each other.

Mandalorians making the dark side sith their pants since before the old republic.

Thaxos

• Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #12 on: Jul 25, 2013, 02:08 PM »
Wish they had this event closer to where I'm at in Canada...
They host all of four, two way out west and two way out east. Oh wait, there's also nothing much in central US either.

Anyone happen to know of one that takes place around the same time as a convention?  :laugh:

The Rules and Guides board has everything you need to learn how to utilize the forums!

Does your signature look cut off? Here's why!

darthmayhem

« Reply #13 on: Jul 25, 2013, 05:15 PM »
Ill do some research but there's always cons in chicago and they might coincide which wld rock

(Save Stripes XI)
M5 #19
Beards #07
mvs #06
KOMS # 22

Thaxos

• Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #14 on: Jul 25, 2013, 05:35 PM »
Ill do some research but there's always cons in chicago and they might coincide which wld rock

Unfortunately they don't have any dates for 2014 yet.

The Rules and Guides board has everything you need to learn how to utilize the forums!

Does your signature look cut off? Here's why!

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!