Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Tyno Krast bucket (Asok CC)

• 69 Replies

Pointoforigin

• Pointy Stick Wielder
  • Mukal Warosi
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad
Re: Tyno Krast bucket (Asok CC)
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2013, 10:47 AM »
It's completely up to you, but it would make sense.

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Hey there, hi there, ho there.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2013, 03:23 PM »
Very Nice work vod ;) Im liking it a lot ;) and i agree with the blue on the cheeks

VABS : M.A. #006  24er :  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

Jango Jet

• Jai'galaar Clan
« Reply #27 on: Jun 01, 2013, 03:36 PM »
Very cool  8)

Verd ori'shya Beskar'gam - Ein Krieger ist mehr als seine Rüstung

Fenn Shysa-Build:

Helmet: 60%
Armor: 80%
Softparts: 100%
Weapons: 50%

Nickname: Shiny

Arador Khel

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #28 on: Jun 12, 2013, 05:12 PM »
nice work.  your images of the screws secured to the inside of the bucket is exactly what I've been looking for!  thanx for the intel!

Tyno Krast

• Easy way or hard way? Either way, I get paid.
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #29 on: Jun 15, 2013, 05:29 PM »
Thanks everyone.

Glad I could help you out Arador!

Well I decided on a repaint. There was just too much about it that I didn't like.

The red/blue/white just wasn't doing it for me and I think I did go a little overboard with the weathering. Especially around the jaig eyes.

So I stripped off all the paint and got it back down to the cold cast base.

What I'm looking at doing now is a grey main coat (dome and cheeks) with either dark green or black in the cheek wells, and either yellow or orange for the visor and jaig eyes.

I keep leaning toward yellow but I think the grey/orange combo might look ok as well. Still undecided.

At the moment I've got all of the chips drawn on and will be laying down the toothpaste and "primer" later this weekend. I'll get pics up ASAP

Thanks again everyone for the support and advice.

Tyno Krast

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #30 on: Jun 17, 2013, 05:41 PM »
quick update

Strip and repaint underway. I decided to tone down the damage a bit.

This layer was meant to be the "rust" layer but I'm thinking I might just make it the aesthetic primer layer and go right into the main paint job. Your thoughts?

Because I still can't decide on a color scheme I'm going with grey for the dome and cheeks, black/OD green for the cheek wells, and white for the jaig eyes and visor trim.

Naren Sprax

• So I says to Mable, I says...
  • Awards Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events
« Reply #31 on: Jun 18, 2013, 12:25 PM »
Nice orange-y red. I think if that were to be rust, it would be overkill. I know a lot would be covered up, but still I think rust should be kept to a few spots here and there, like around edges of greebs and stuff, if at all. Beskar doesn't rust right?  :P Guess it's Durasteel? But I do like the richness of the color. I thought the helmet looked good before too though.  :'(

Vhett Naast

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Best Newbie - Official Member in last 12 months with best costume Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #32 on: Jun 18, 2013, 12:30 PM »
looks good.  Whatever you think is best I'd say  8)

Naren Sprax

• So I says to Mable, I says...
  • Awards Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events
« Reply #33 on: Jun 18, 2013, 12:57 PM »
looks good.  Whatever you think is best I'd say  8)

^This.

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #34 on: Jun 18, 2013, 02:42 PM »
That looks great vod ;)

I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

Tyno Krast

« Reply #35 on: Jun 24, 2013, 10:44 PM »
The base colors are done! Now I need to do the fine detail weathering, clean up on some of the lines/edges, jaig eyes, then black wash. I'm not 100% happy with it but I do like it much better than the white/red/blue color scheme.

And as soon as I find my wayward camera I'll get some pics posted

Tyno Krast

« Reply #36 on: Jun 25, 2013, 10:58 AM »
The bucket is close to completion. I've still got some clean up to do around the cheeks and trim as well as the fine topical detailing, grime application, jaig eyes, and black wash. Still a few days of work left.

I'm not sure about the yellow on the back. I'll see how it turns out after the grime and blackwash. But at the moment I'm not loving it.

I'm also not sure about the ear caps. I was thinking of doing them in a different color but I kind of like them as is. Any thoughts?

Pointoforigin

• Pointy Stick Wielder
  • Mukal Warosi
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #37 on: Jun 25, 2013, 11:28 AM »
Yeah the yellow on the back looks a little funny to me... maybe do the earcaps in that to tie it in? It's not that it's a weird colour in itself, it's that it's not present anywhere else on the bucket. And yes blackwash will help it.

Vhett Naast

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Best Newbie - Official Member in last 12 months with best costume Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #38 on: Jun 25, 2013, 11:54 AM »
 8)  8)  8)

Loving the new paint scheme  ;D

Tyno Krast

« Reply #39 on: Jun 25, 2013, 12:47 PM »
Thanks Vhett!

Yeah I think I was too much in Boba Emulation mode. He's got some off colors on the back of his bucket. But the yellow just isn't doing it for me. I'm thinking maybe replacing the yellow with black to pick up the black in the cheek wells.

But I'll probably change my mind in 10 minutes anyway  ;D

Vhett Naast

« Reply #40 on: Jun 25, 2013, 01:22 PM »
I'd keep the yellow, I like it.  If you had some somewhere else it would tie in nicely.  Maybe a few yellow kill marks?

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
« Reply #41 on: Jun 25, 2013, 02:26 PM »
I really like this bucket vod looks awesome ;)

dont forget to add some scratches before you do your wash ;D

Tyno Krast

« Reply #42 on: Jun 25, 2013, 04:17 PM »
Hmmm.....yellow kill marks......

The plan is to do the detail weathering (smaller scratches and scrapes as well as topical scratches), then the black wash, then the grime. Or should I do grime first then black wash.

The grime will be a mix of browns that will get dry brushed into the little nooks and crannies. Just to add a little more depth and cover up any rough edges or overspray.

Tyno Krast

« Reply #43 on: Jun 27, 2013, 08:30 AM »
I decided to tone down the yellow a bit. Something about it was throwing me off. But I do like the yellow and will probably do the kills in yellow.

As you can see there are some "dings" that were created when I sprayed over the old yellow. I was thinking about filling them in but I kind of like them. Especially the scratch on the right side. It will be interesting to see how the black wash makes those recessed areas look.

Next up will be the masking for the jaig eyes. Then I can finally get on to the fun part....weathering!!!   

« Reply #44 on: Jun 27, 2013, 09:29 AM »
The helmet is looking very nice

« Last Edit: Jun 27, 2013, 02:24 PM by clandaustino » Logged

"Remember the weakness of weapons, they are an extension.
You are the killer and the destroyer.
You are whole, with or without them."
-Richard K. Morgan-

Vhett Naast

« Reply #45 on: Jun 27, 2013, 12:56 PM »
Like what you did there.

Uneek Top'El

• I am back from the dead !!
« Reply #46 on: Jun 27, 2013, 09:28 PM »
Yep, great Work !! Love the color palet !!

MMCC OM # 625 M.A.J.I.C Member # 81 MA # 53 Taakure Clan !!

Tyno Krast

« Reply #47 on: Jul 01, 2013, 10:13 AM »
Thanks 'vode!

I appreciate all of the feedback.

The jaig eyes are on and with them the end of the masking!!!!! (well....until I do the ear caps and kill marks  :laugh: )

Next up will be a bit of topical weathering followed by grime then a final blackwash.

Vhett Naast

« Reply #48 on: Jul 01, 2013, 12:18 PM »
Sweet, good job on those  8)  just gets better and better man.

Tyno Krast

« Reply #49 on: Jul 01, 2013, 05:57 PM »
Thanks vod!

Ok....got the first layer of weathering on. A layer of grime and some blackwash.

Sorry in advance for posting so many photos.

Next will be some clean up of the black wash. This first layer was just to get the grime where it needed to go. So before I do the next layer I'll go over the bucket and sand down some of the areas that look a little too slap-dash and/or deliberate. Plus it will blend in some of the weathering to give it a more natural look....I hope.  :laugh:

Once that layer is done I'll go back over the helmet and do some general clean up, touch up the weathering, add a little carbon scoring, and that should be it.

If anyone has any suggestions or criticisms please feel free to to comment.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!