Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Tact Kor upgrade to MP WIP

• 71 Replies

Dar Kyram

• Kyr'bes'alor
  • Mini-Mack the Mando MacNugget
  • Awards Celebration Orlando 2017 Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Award for 50 official invasions. Award for 25 official invasions. 267th Rapid Assault
Re: Tact Kor upgrade to MP WIP
« Reply #50 on: Sep 09, 2013, 07:24 AM »
Looks good man! I'd suggest you blackwash the tools more though as at the moment they look really bright compared to the flightsuit.

Maybe he just picked them up at his local Imperial Wal-Mart?

I'm Official Merc Member 220!

Gooble gooble gooble!

Tact Kor

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Deadly Alliance is the award for the most badass group pic. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #51 on: Sep 09, 2013, 07:39 AM »
Thanks Tracyn

I've been back and forth, like all weathering the picture washes out most of if, these are actually really weathered jus not as dark as the armor, to Dar Kyram's point I keep think what if these were newer or if he just took care of them.

I'll try to post a photo of the tools seperatly to show the weathering. And I'll keep debating on adding more, I kinda like them showing up as I did quite of bit of work to build them I don't want them to go unnoticed  ;D

Gaht Kyr'bes Clan

M.T.S. #022 - Mando Up

M.A. #089 - The first step is admitting it

Tracyn Ordo

• THE NZ Bounty Hunter
  • Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #52 on: Sep 09, 2013, 08:06 AM »
If you like them, leave them as they are. IMO the stand out a little too much, but it's not like you are doing to get dinged on them :)

Tact Kor

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Deadly Alliance is the award for the most badass group pic. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #53 on: Sep 09, 2013, 07:36 PM »
Tracyn, when your right, your right, and your always right  :laugh:

Well I went ahead and added another coat of wash to the tools and they do look better. Do you think this is good or should I do another coat? Let me know what you think.

Gaht Kyr'bes Clan

M.T.S. #022 - Mando Up

Tracyn Ordo

• THE NZ Bounty Hunter
  • Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #54 on: Sep 09, 2013, 08:26 PM »
Tracyn, when your right, your right, and your always right  :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh:

Chuck them back in the pouches to be sure, as they will appear lighter when next to the darker flightsuit fabric. I do think they look a lot better though :)

Dar Kyram

• Kyr'bes'alor
  • Mini-Mack the Mando MacNugget
  • Awards Celebration Orlando 2017 Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Award for 50 official invasions. Award for 25 official invasions. 267th Rapid Assault
« Reply #55 on: Sep 09, 2013, 08:47 PM »
Well I went ahead and added another coat of wash to the tools and they do look better. Do you think this is good or should I do another coat? Let me know what you think.

I'm Official Merc Member 220!

Gooble gooble gooble!

Tact Kor

« Reply #56 on: Nov 15, 2013, 09:57 PM »
Ahem,

Okay dusting this off a bit  ;D

Got some upgrades coming along;

Read Point's vest tutorial 10 times and got my wife to agree, so started the new vest, never mind the yellow that will be inside it's going to be white.

And to go with the new vest I'm upgrading my Durasteel for Beskar!

Hope to have this ready for my next troop Dec 7th.

Gaht Kyr'bes Clan

M.T.S. #022 - Mando Up

BobaFiend

• "Put Captain Cargo in the Solo Hold"
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Boba and Jango Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #57 on: Nov 15, 2013, 11:05 PM »
Glad you're taking on the vest project.  I haven't seen what point wrote up but the pattens you have out look pretty nice.  They're really only as hard as you make it.  Measure, draft, cut, sew.  Good luck! Can't say I agree with dentless though!

Tact Kor

« Reply #58 on: Nov 29, 2013, 05:02 PM »
Alright I've been pretty bad about updating this but I have been working.

We've got the main vest done, just having issues on the "sleeves" hard to make them look right and still be able to move my arms up...

Onto the plates, I was able to get all the plates formed, I bent them quite a bit but not as much as my current plates, then I drilled them and epoxied screws into them;

Then when over all the holes with some Bondo;

Then after some serious sanded primered and then silver paint;

I am using my existing knees that were red so I masked off the rockets and damage areas then painted the new shoulders and knees Yellow;

Next is masking the damage on the rest and then green paint, and still need to finish the vest, hope to have some update after the weekend.

Let me know what you think.

Gaht Kyr'bes Clan

M.T.S. #022 - Mando Up

Vhett Naast

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Best Newbie - Official Member in last 12 months with best costume Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #59 on: Nov 29, 2013, 09:17 PM »
That new vest will look great when its done! plates look very good too 8)  although I did like the dents......Not going with red for the knees and shoulders anymore?

Tact Kor

« Reply #60 on: Nov 29, 2013, 09:54 PM »
No I never really liked the red with the green, too Christmas for me, also I am hoping the all yellow will take down some of the hey it's Boba Fett remarks even when I am with my clan mates it always look Boba Fett and some Mandalorians  :laugh: I am also going to lose the Wookie braids, and I have something special planned that will help me keep the MP style but help the kit stand out.

I did leave some red around the damage on the knees and the knees are still going to have the dents marks, kinda like I only had enough money to upgrade my chest armor to Beskar. Maybe some day I'll have a backstory...

Gaht Kyr'bes Clan

M.T.S. #022 - Mando Up

Pointoforigin

• Pointy Stick Wielder
  • Mukal Warosi
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #61 on: Nov 29, 2013, 10:59 PM »
Glad to see my patterns and tute used! Feel free to post the finished product in that thread if you like ;)

Yeah those Boba style sleeves are rather restrictive, especially in comparison to Jango style. Plates are looking great!

Tact Kor

« Reply #62 on: Nov 29, 2013, 11:13 PM »
Okay so it's time to show off the new vest and Armor, I finished it just in time for a troop on Saturday (although I did not have time to weather the vest)

Here is the vest, in all it's glory;

The new 6mm armor;

And finally here is the before and after shots;

I am really happy with the new look, as still need to weather the vest and then I'm going to reshape and repaint my backplate.

Still to go to become MP;

Ankle spats
Toe spikes
Straps on Knees
Boba thong
White gloves

Thanks for looking, let me know what you think.

« Last Edit: Dec 09, 2013, 11:10 AM by Tact Kor » Logged
Gaht Kyr'bes Clan

M.T.S. #022 - Mando Up

Tact Kor

« Reply #63 on: Dec 31, 2013, 05:26 PM »
Well since we are officially a clan I decided to to this;

Gaht Kyr'bes Clan Oya!

Gaht Kyr'bes Clan

M.T.S. #022 - Mando Up

Tracyn Ordo

• THE NZ Bounty Hunter
« Reply #64 on: Jan 01, 2014, 05:11 PM »
Looking great man. I hate to say it though, but unless you have some reference images for an MP that I haven't seen, showing the <> (or similar) detailing on the chest plates, it's not going to fly for the MP brigade, which is a bit of a shame as it does look good.

Other than that you're getting damn close to being the first custom MP :D

Tact Kor

« Reply #65 on: Jan 01, 2014, 05:51 PM »
I thought that might cause a problem... Oh well I like the (<>) on the chest so and since I can't seem to find white gloves I guess I'll never make PM... But I really like my kit as it is now now so I guess I'll never make MP... Unless I do a cannon Fett...  ;D

Gaht Kyr'bes Clan

M.T.S. #022 - Mando Up

Ref Al'drann

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Award for 25 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #66 on: Jan 01, 2014, 06:44 PM »
since I can't seem to find white gloves...

Boba used white parade gloves that were dyed grey.  Here's a link to some similar gloves - Link

I would recommend a pair with a snap or button closure.

Tact Kor

« Reply #67 on: Jan 02, 2014, 09:43 AM »
Thanks, why didn't I ask sooner   ??? 

Thanks again ;)

Gaht Kyr'bes Clan

M.T.S. #022 - Mando Up

Vhett Naast

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Best Newbie - Official Member in last 12 months with best costume Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #68 on: Jan 02, 2014, 11:41 AM »
That new vest looks great! with some weathering it will look even better  ;)  really liking your clan logo on the shoulder bell, looks neat. 

This isn't my kit so I can't tell you what to do, but your so close to making MP I'd go for it!  you could always keep the new set of chest plates you have now for cons or unofficial troops and whatnot, while just replacing those two pieces with the <> for canon MP.

I'd just personally hate to see you come so close and not make the brigade.  My two cents anyway  ;)

BobaFiend

• "Put Captain Cargo in the Solo Hold"
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Boba and Jango Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #69 on: Jan 04, 2014, 08:53 PM »
Love it! The red always bugged me too. I like the choices you've made.

Kol Hokan

• Armor does not make a warrior, spirit does.
  • Awards Award for 100 official invasions. Special Weapons Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #70 on: Jan 05, 2014, 02:35 AM »
Absolutely love the upgrades! The <> would put you in the True Mandalorian category, but then you'd have to keep upgrading to Medium armor if I'm not mistaken.

Once you dirty up your armor vest like you mentioned, this'll be a mando to reckon with!

Alex Cole .... Clan: Concordia .... CAT#: 0787 .... Brigade#: 278
Concordia Clan Tra'alor 2023
Concordia Clan Ruus'alor Sol'yc 2018-2020
Concordia Clan Alor'ad 2013-2016
Brigade Marshal 2014-2016
501st: BH-11628 .... TDE: #175 .... RL: Resistance Pilot - Screaming Porgs Squadron

Tact Kor

« Reply #71 on: Jan 05, 2014, 09:45 AM »
Thanks for the comments guys

I have been weathering the vest and it's coming along well, nothing to post for now.

I really like the <> and wan to keep it, so I may shut down this tread and just keep my kit going custom. I should be able to make the brigades with my Clone wars Commando Captain which will one day be done I put it on hold to build my ANH Tusken Raider.

Gaht Kyr'bes Clan

M.T.S. #022 - Mando Up

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!