Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Chiss Mando

• 12 Replies

Meshurkaan

• Dcon 2014 "Sleepytime" Award recipient.
  • The Nap'alore
  • Awards Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 10 official invasions. 2016 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
Chiss Mando
« on: May 23, 2013, 12:06 AM »
I have decided that I want my mando to be some sort of alien and I've been reading up on the Chiss. I have all materials that I need, but I cannot for the life of me find decent red contacts that would make my entire eye red. Does anyone know where I could find something like that for really cheap? I've heard of eye dye that turns the whites different colors, but I do not trust something like that in my eye if you know what I mean.

Dar'manda

• Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions.
Re: Chiss Mando
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2013, 10:22 AM »
This is the closest I've ever been able to find.  Not cheap by any means.  These are sclera contacts which cover your whole eye and are a little more complicated for putting in than regular contacts.

http://02a5349.netsolstores.com/redsclera.aspx

Meshurkaan

• Dcon 2014 "Sleepytime" Award recipient.
  • The Nap'alore
  • Awards Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 10 official invasions. 2016 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2013, 06:31 PM »
Oh heavens... I don't think I could survive with that on my eye. I'm dreading the normal contacts as is. I've never had to put them in and I've had bad experiences with other objects in my eye, so they're very sensitive. I guess I'm really looking for some basic red contacts that could at least cover the pupil and still let me see. Have you tried colored contacts, Taglar?

Cajun

• Strata Vekis - Ne'tra Vhipir Clan's Medic
  • Awards Dr Mando is the award for the best Medic in the Medic Brigade. Order of the Ori'Ramikad 40+ hrs Charity 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 40+ hrs of charity work recorded
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2013, 07:02 PM »
I have these saved on my favorites for when I was thinking about doing Grand Admiral Thrawn (a project that has since been discontinued). They are from http://fashion-contactlenses.com/contact-lenses/Cyclops-Full-eye-Contact-Lenses.html

I have experience wearing both 'regular' and full eye contacts. They're not that difficult to put in once you get use to putting your finger in your eye. lol.

For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is. Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter. You must feel the Force around you...
Yoda
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2013, 11:44 PM »
Good find! I would be afraid of anybody rocking Chiss eyes, let alone in armor. Out of curiosity do they make other colors?

sarah_d

• Arah Lise Jadd
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017 Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2013, 05:31 PM »
You can get mini sclera lenses-
http://www.beautifeye.co.uk/crazy-halloween-contact-lenses/colourvue-brand-crazy-lenses/colourvue-mini-sclera-lenses/colourvue-daredevil-mini-sclera-17mm-crazy-colour-contact-lenses-1-year-wear-detail

(I've never purchased from this website before so can't comment on that)

I've used this brand before though, colourVue, I wear blue contact lenses when I wear my barriss offee costume and found them to be ok. Takes a bit of getting used to but once they're in they're fine and I've worn them for about 8 hours before at my longest troop.  :)

E.M.T.S. #32  V.R.C.A. #10

DJon Ros

• Mando Merc #425 BLUE MOON CLAN
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2013, 02:52 AM »
I met a guy at CVI who did a great Grand Admiral Thrown. He told me his contacts gave him one heck of a headache. A Chess Man do sounds cool, but I believe all the body has to be covered with armor or soft material. It would look cool when your bucket was off.

I believe Grand Admiral Thrawn posed as a Man do in a EU story once.

18 OFFICIAL INVASIONS & 8 UNOFFICIAL (Table or Handler)
#1 MMCC Patch Collector on 501st Collection db.
FORMER BMC RUSSALOR
BMC-OM#4
Mando Rider #0014-Merc Motorcycle Association
M.A.B.L.E. #032
B.O.M.B. #47
TK8854-MSG 501st Legion-ANH Stormtrooper
Celebration VI & VIII SURVIVOR

Pointoforigin

• Pointy Stick Wielder
  • Mukal Warosi
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2013, 11:36 AM »
Yeah DJon, that Thrawn at C6 was epic! I do remember talking to him, and he said that though the full red contact looked epic and went with the costume perfectly, he could barely see. He posed with my gun (Charric, so appropriate :P) and I had to put it on him, that's how limited his vision was.

And yes, he impersonated Jodo at one point I do believe.

Dar'manda

• Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2013, 10:23 AM »
Oh heavens... I don't think I could survive with that on my eye. I'm dreading the normal contacts as is. I've never had to put them in and I've had bad experiences with other objects in my eye, so they're very sensitive. I guess I'm really looking for some basic red contacts that could at least cover the pupil and still let me see. Have you tried colored contacts, Taglar?

Colored, no.  But I wear corrective contacts on a daily basis.  I used to have issues wearing them for the first few weeks but my eyes got used to it.  I'm sure the same would happen in ths case.  Just give your eyes time to learn to wear them and they will adjust.

Dar'manda

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2013, 10:31 AM »
Yeah DJon, that Thrawn at C6 was epic! I do remember talking to him, and he said that though the full red contact looked epic and went with the costume perfectly, he could barely see. He posed with my gun (Charric, so appropriate :P) and I had to put it on him, that's how limited his vision was.

And yes, he impersonated Jodo at one point I do believe.

I have heard the full-color sclera lenses can cause issues with seeing.  As basically they are opaque (so as not to see the real eye) except for the part the size of your pupil.  When they slightly shift in your eye, they can obstruct your vision a bit as if you were looking through a piece of paper with a hole cut in it.

I haven't tried "custom" lenses, but I want to.  I had heard that some folks have even stacked custom lenses on top of perscription lenses...which is what I would have to do since I have prescription lenses.  I can't afford an $800 pair of prescription custom lenses. :D

« Reply #10 on: Jun 07, 2013, 04:44 AM »
I haven't thought much about this actually. I may have to ask a friend and get back to you.

Luke Skirata

• Are you the prey? No, we are the hunters.
« Reply #11 on: Jun 12, 2013, 01:07 PM »
I believe Grand Admiral Thrawn posed as a Man do in a EU story once.

He posed as Jodo Kast once.

Anyways, this should be interesting.  Mandos and Chiss are two of my favorite groups in SW, so I'll be watching with interest.

Pyrus Skirata

• THE EMPRAH PROTEX
« Reply #12 on: Jun 20, 2013, 07:37 AM »
I'm learning from this thread and that's awesome because the main female character in my OC FanFic is a Chiss. Had to have some of that xeno action you get in Mass Effect, or it wouldn't be good Sci-Fi.

Rule #1 of Sci-Fi: Always go for the blue chick
                                  - Luke Skirata

-When you play the Game of Thrones, you win... or you die.
- 1st Rule of Sci-Fi: Always go for the Blue Chick

"... They are my Space Marines, and They Shall Know No Fear!"

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!