Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Nikolai's Arsenal

• 10 Replies

Nikolai

• Gun(s) for hire
Nikolai's Arsenal
« on: Jun 08, 2013, 11:08 AM »
So I'm finally getting back into working on my kit now that I've finished relocating to Colorado, and I figured I'd do some work on my weapons.

I managed to snag a custom Westar a while back:

Sorta managed to break the back end of it off accidentally...Nothing a couple holes, some small doweling, and glue won't fix though. In the background you can see a knife that I'll be modifying slightly as well. I'll post up some more pictures later today.

Byloc Phosmont

• Mando Rider: 0004
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions.
Re: Nikolai's Arsenal
« Reply #1 on: Jun 08, 2013, 05:45 PM »
That thing looks awesome, fantastic mod of a westar!

Nikolai

• Gun(s) for hire
« Reply #2 on: Jun 08, 2013, 06:25 PM »

Update! Got most of the paint stripped down and am in the process of JB Welding the tail knob back on. I cut the blue part out of the barrel and I'm gonna use a 3/16" dowel to give it a center to look more like the movie version:

Picked up some Rustoleum Chrome. I'm thinking about doing the handle in black and the upper reciever in chrome.

Echo Darklighter

• No Kill Like Overkill
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #3 on: Jun 09, 2013, 03:26 AM »

Update! Got most of the paint stripped down and am in the process of JB Welding the tail knob back on. I cut the blue part out of the barrel and I'm gonna use a 3/16" dowel to give it a center to look more like the movie version:

I approve of this body swap.  Also, your workstation featuring a Newcastle and a pack of Camels looks much like my own. :P
Picked up some Rustoleum Chrome. I'm thinking about doing the handle in black and the upper reciever in chrome.

Nikolai

• Gun(s) for hire
« Reply #4 on: Jun 09, 2013, 03:49 AM »
Ah yes, my two vices; nicotine and beer :P

Another update: This is where she currently stands.

Got the grip primed. The two holes are for the screws to mate the upper and lower; I'm thinking about either gluing the whole thing together or putting the screws in and snipping the heads off to give it the flush appearance of the stock Westar. On the one hand, it's nice to be able to take it apart, on the other...having a pair of screwheads protruding from either side is really sort of garish looking.

Zohar Nef

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #5 on: Jun 09, 2013, 02:02 PM »
I would recommend if you don't want to use the screw to use epoxy putty from the plumbing section at the hardware store to mate the two parts together.  Works great and gets hard as a rock.

There is no problem in life that can not be solved through the proper aplication of high explosives.

Nikolai

• Gun(s) for hire
« Reply #6 on: Jun 09, 2013, 09:09 PM »
Thanks. I picked up some JB Weld, which seems to be working pretty well for holding that back knob on so far.

Today's update: Adventures in Bondo!

Plugging a couple of unwanted holes.

Nikolai

• Gun(s) for hire
« Reply #7 on: Jun 12, 2013, 10:54 PM »

Definitely still got some work to do, but there's the rough idea.

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Hey there, hi there, ho there.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #8 on: Jun 13, 2013, 01:25 PM »
Very Cool  8)

VABS : M.A. #006  24er :  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

Zohar Nef

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #9 on: Jun 13, 2013, 10:41 PM »
Always nice to see people enjoy things I let go of.  Like the direction you are taking it.

There is no problem in life that can not be solved through the proper aplication of high explosives.

Valeskor Zevkin

• He was bleeding before I got here...
« Reply #10 on: Jun 24, 2013, 09:21 PM »
I've never liked the Westar...until now. Looking really sharp, vod!  ;D

-Valeskor

-Valeskor

"Do not go recklessly searching for glory. Live well, fight with honor, and glory will find you as assuredly as the sun rises."

PEW,PEW,PEW, WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=62961.0
Snail-like progressing armor WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=63151.0
We have a website, it is tiny: www.headtraumastudio.com

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!