Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Klen'aka Vonshi (Kinda pic heavy!)

• 13 Replies

Swift

• (Klen'aka Vonshi)
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
Klen'aka Vonshi (Kinda pic heavy!)
« on: Jul 01, 2013, 04:34 AM »
So, now that I'm official, I figured I ought to start one of these here picture-y threads! Starting with some pictures from Perth Supanova this past weekend :D

Just chilling with mah homiez Skywalker, Darth V, and EP.

And one with the Western Australian OMs: Myself, Duraan Gar, and PointOfOrigin. Without these guys I wouldn't have gotten anywhere, and I owe a huge thanks for all their support and efforts :D

WA + Tim and Josh, whose kits are coming along nicely! These guys were a heap of help over the weekend. Thanks guys!

And along with members of the 501st and Rebel Legion. We stood as honour guard for Carrie Fisher during her panel. IT WAS AWESOME (though quite tiring and painful). These guys were absolutely amazing to hang out with and made the weekend all that more enjoyable!

Thanks for stopping by, sorry about aaaaaall those pictures. Hopefully I'll have some upgrades to report in the coming weeks, plus the Nexus Toy Fair in a fortnight, which should be super fun!

« Last Edit: Jul 01, 2013, 04:38 AM by Swift » Logged
Beskar'gam  |  Buy'ce  |  Gallery

Mandalorian Mercs OM #769
The Elegant Mando's Tea Society #058
B.E.A.R.D.S #036

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Hey there, hi there, ho there.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
Re: Klen'aka Vonshi (Kinda pic heavy!)
« Reply #1 on: Jul 01, 2013, 02:45 PM »

VABS : M.A. #006  24er :  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

Tracyn Ordo

• THE NZ Bounty Hunter
  • Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #2 on: Jul 01, 2013, 07:49 PM »
Very nice man! That's a sweet looking kit!

Swift

• (Klen'aka Vonshi)
« Reply #3 on: Nov 07, 2013, 07:32 AM »
Been a while since I've posted here, but I've made a few upgrades and had some photos taken today, so I figured I should. Anyways, here's a bunch of pictures taken in the yard by my friend Josh (MrWright944)!

My balaclava kept falling down (hence the black bunching around the neck), and my gauntlets slid down underneath my hand plates. Both of those will soon be replaced (hopefully).
I'm also working on a new backplate (third time lucky?), various weapons, new plates, and replacing all my magnets with snaps.

AS always thank you for stopping by :D

B.E.A.R.D.S #036

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #4 on: Nov 07, 2013, 03:05 PM »
Cool pics vod ;D

I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

Swift

• (Klen'aka Vonshi)
« Reply #5 on: Nov 13, 2013, 01:33 AM »
Cool pics vod ;D

Thanks Niabi :D We did a lot of research and practice to figure out how to pose properly. I've realised from conventions that posing is one of the least thought of area of costuming, but also one of the most important.

The Western Australian Mercs (myself, Duraan Gar, Pointoforigin, and the newly-approved Nassik) are planning a photoshoot this Saturday, so there'll hopefully be some even cooler pics then  :laugh:

B.E.A.R.D.S #036

Sir_Valance

• Ser Valan'ce
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #6 on: Nov 13, 2013, 10:10 AM »
Very nice battle damage.. I always like a 'sawed off shotgun' look.. But maybe, just maybe it could get a bit more SW'fied...

For the rest, thumbs up..

Mandalorian Merc #0813  | 501st Legion #7669
------------------------
B.E.A.R.D.S. #034 | Mando Rider #017 | Kilted Mando Brigade #14

Swift

• (Klen'aka Vonshi)
« Reply #7 on: Nov 13, 2013, 11:02 AM »
Very nice battle damage.. I always like a 'sawed off shotgun' look.. But maybe, just maybe it could get a bit more SW'fied...

For the rest, thumbs up..

Yeah, it was a real struggle to make a sawn-off double-barrel SWarzy. I'm still not particularly happy with it, and I hope to replace it with a Trandoshan Scatter Array eventually!
Thanks for the tumbs up vod :D

B.E.A.R.D.S #036
« Reply #8 on: Nov 14, 2013, 08:03 PM »
I LOVE this kit! Great work.

Can I ask about your vest?
Did you buy it?
Make it?

Awesome job from top to bottom.

Swift

• (Klen'aka Vonshi)
« Reply #9 on: Nov 14, 2013, 09:32 PM »
I LOVE this kit! Great work.

Can I ask about your vest?
Did you buy it?
Make it?

Awesome job from top to bottom.

Thanks for the compliment vod :D
The vest was made for me by my good friend Pointoforigin, whom I bought it off, using his own template and method that you can find here. He used to do commissions on these vests (not sure if he still does), so if you choose to go that route I'd suggest chatting with him. He's a very helpful guy!
There are a bunch of other methods out there for making vests (and plenty of options for purchasing them) so if that won't do it for you just have a search around.
Best of luck :)

B.E.A.R.D.S #036

Swift

• (Klen'aka Vonshi)
« Reply #10 on: Jan 28, 2014, 12:46 AM »
So I stopped by to add photos of my new plates, then realised I had completely missed uploading a photo shoot as Sandhawks did a few months back. So we'll start with that!

These were all taken up in the hills of Perth. Also modelling was Pointoforigin and Nassik. Unfortunately Duraan Gar couldn't make it :<

Hunting for Ewoks:

Okay, so that's all that :P Now onto the shiny new plates! These were all taken at the Nexus Toy Fair a week or two ago. I was going to add some detailing to the chest plates, but couldn't figure out what I wanted, so I've left that for now. Unfortunately there was a smudge on the camera lense, so try to ignore that :P

One thing that stood out to me is the red on my helmet, particularly the dome. It looks out of place, but that'll all be fixed once I have my new helmet done (which won't be for a while now). I still need to replace the shoulders (they'll be red with blue detailing), gauntlets, and get my back plate done.

B.E.A.R.D.S #036

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
« Reply #11 on: Feb 01, 2014, 02:44 PM »
Awesome Pics vod ;D

Swift

• (Klen'aka Vonshi)
« Reply #12 on: Apr 01, 2014, 04:29 AM »
And here's some new pics from Oz Comic-Con this past weekend :D Not as many out there as I would have liked, but enough to show off the new plates and helmet job!

And finally, at the end of the day,  post-dekitting, I was discovered guilty of tiredness and took a nap in the jail cell. This proved somewhat problematic when I woke to find myself, shock and horror, locked into a jail cell.

All in all it was a pretty great weekend! I even got a picture with Tim "Admiral Ackbar" Rose (which I'll post here once I bother uploading it :P). Thanks for stopping by!

B.E.A.R.D.S #036

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
« Reply #13 on: Apr 03, 2014, 04:58 PM »
cool pics vod ;)

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!