Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Fidgitt-- Rodian mando helmet

• 5 Replies

Arden Fisk

• I R MANDO IRL
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Sistine Chest Plate - Official Member with most intricate paint job Open Seasons Death Watch Brigade MEmber Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
Fidgitt-- Rodian mando helmet
« on: Jul 16, 2013, 11:17 AM »
Scratchbuild with fiberglass, bondo, and plumbing parts.  The Rodian antennae are sculpted from Sculpey.  I'm still pending on rounded clear domes to go over the flat lenses-- I need to finish drinking the 2 liter of Sun Drop I'll be cutting them from.  :)

-Abby Lusk (MMCC Official Member #81)
Quartermaster for the MMCC 2009-May 2013

Delta13

• Awards Boba and Jango
Re: Fidgitt-- Rodian mando helmet
« Reply #1 on: Jul 16, 2013, 11:35 AM »
It looks realy great :) painting, rust and scratches. But without "cheeks" it doesn't reminde mandalorian buy'ce, especialy at first look. But I'm sure that with the rest of beskar'gam it will looks very well ;)

Swift

• (Klen'aka Vonshi)
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #2 on: Jul 16, 2013, 12:12 PM »
I seriously love this! Great work Arden :D

Beskar'gam  |  Buy'ce  |  Gallery

Mandalorian Mercs OM #769
The Elegant Mando's Tea Society #058
B.E.A.R.D.S #036

Arden Fisk

• I R MANDO IRL
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Sistine Chest Plate - Official Member with most intricate paint job Open Seasons Death Watch Brigade MEmber Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #3 on: Jul 16, 2013, 01:41 PM »
Yeah, I know the helmet on its own doesn't look terribly Mandalorian-- we do have one reference shot of a Rodian mando from the comics that looks fairly similar to my design, but I did take a few liberties to imagine how a Rodian head might fit in a Mando-style bucket.  My armor is fairly standard so I think it'll read properly when I'm wearing it all together.  :)

-Abby Lusk (MMCC Official Member #81)
Quartermaster for the MMCC 2009-May 2013

seugtai

• 'ZOOG-tay'
  • nom nom...cookie
  • Awards Celebration Chicago Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 25 official invasions. Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos
« Reply #4 on: Jul 16, 2013, 08:14 PM »
I would have loved to see more of a angled side profile instead of it being so flat to account for the snout but, I think the the idea will still come across nicely once the hands are in place as well. I LOVE those antennae!!! 8) Your inspiring me to get back to work on mine!

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Hey there, hi there, ho there.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #5 on: Jul 17, 2013, 03:06 PM »
At first i was Like.. I dont like it ...but  :rolleyes: its growing on me the more i look at it ;)

and off coarse your paint and weathering are awesome ;D   

VABS : M.A. #006  24er :  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!