Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Vode Bartika's MDSB Bucket Build WIP (Updated 08-04-2013)

• 28 Replies

Vode Bartika

• Jedi do not concern me......
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions.
Just got a new bucket to build, something proper.

Here is the WIP

This is it after Bondo and sanding the seam at the visor.  This was my first time using Bondo, but once I started using it, it worked out great.

Pieces Parts

Fitting the Stalk

Ear cap altered, drilled, tapped and bolted (for fitting).

The other Ear caps drilled, tapped and bolted (for fitting).

Primed

Giving the Primer an hour to Dry inside, then the metal coat so it can cure for a few days.

Kiss my shiny metal...

« Last Edit: Aug 06, 2013, 11:09 AM by Vode Bartika » Logged
Re: Vode Bartika's MDSB Bucket Build WIP
« Reply #1 on: Jul 21, 2013, 06:07 PM »
That is a clean bucket, who is the maker?

"Remember the weakness of weapons, they are an extension.
You are the killer and the destroyer.
You are whole, with or without them."
-Richard K. Morgan-

Vode Bartika

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #2 on: Jul 21, 2013, 06:32 PM »
It is an M-DSB.  They are defunct, but someone else has their molds I think.

Manbrolorian

• TI-11997
« Reply #3 on: Jul 21, 2013, 08:20 PM »
It is an M-DSB.  They are defunct, but someone else has their molds I think.

That'd be NME. The mold itself is gonna die soon, so of you think you might want another one, get it now.

he/him
black lives matter!

Yutah

• Proud Wearer of a Lonewolf Helmet, blank #6
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Celebration Orlando 2017 Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions 2016
« Reply #4 on: Jul 21, 2013, 11:53 PM »
Huzzah! No more Jango 1 piece!

Skotah

• Winter G.
« Reply #5 on: Jul 22, 2013, 12:34 AM »
That is a very nice looking bucket.  Very clean and sharp lines with nice proportions.  Looking forward to seeing it finished.

501st Member #3763

Vode Bartika

« Reply #6 on: Jul 22, 2013, 05:31 PM »
Huzzah! No more Jango 1 piece!

You know it!  Doing the premium outfit for it too.  Nice pads, Fan Kit, and a more appropriately mounted vizor.

Thaxos

• Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #7 on: Jul 23, 2013, 01:14 PM »
Looks real sharp.

The Rules and Guides board has everything you need to learn how to utilize the forums!

Does your signature look cut off? Here's why!

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Hey there, hi there, ho there.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Award for 25 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #8 on: Jul 23, 2013, 03:24 PM »
Nice work Vod ;) keep it up

VABS : M.A. #006  24er :  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

Vode Bartika

« Reply #9 on: Jul 23, 2013, 07:49 PM »
OK, I have added the primary weathering and the black undercoat.  The only things that will remain black are the stalk, and the upper cheeks when I am done.

And with the masking fluid (children`s Colgate) removed.

Tomorrow I will apply tape, more fluid to continue the weathering and paint the blue.  I have had some issues with the spray settling roughly on the dome when I paint, but I have been using the white scrubby pad with my mouse sander to lightly remove the texture.  I did it with the silver and it worked well. 

You also may notice some pitting on the rangefinder.  This was the only part of the kit that had some mold issues.  I thought I had sanded it down, but it really came out when the silver went on.  I have decided to continue accentuating it to look like chemical spray damage and will add "rust" to it at the final paint before I dull coat.

Tracyn Ordo

• THE NZ Bounty Hunter
  • Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #10 on: Jul 24, 2013, 12:05 AM »
Looks pretty good so far man. The lighter level of damage looks pretty good, rather than the more heavily damaged look that most people go for.

Vode Bartika

« Reply #11 on: Jul 24, 2013, 04:33 PM »
Thanks.  I feel that less was more in this case.

Vode Bartika

« Reply #12 on: Jul 25, 2013, 09:41 PM »
Ear caps and range finder weathering/main paint done. 

Vode Bartika

« Reply #13 on: Jul 27, 2013, 12:29 PM »
More progress:

Primary Paint Scheme and Weathering complete:

Going to let this cure and then I will make a rust wash and the kill stripes, which I will do stenciled but by hand.

Vode Bartika

Re: Vode Bartika's MDSB Bucket Build WIP (Updated 07-28-2013)
« Reply #14 on: Jul 28, 2013, 09:29 PM »
Paint dry and ear caps on:

New Hotness vs Old and Busted:

Opinions?

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!