Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Firrerreo-Mando WIP: Joha Suvarir [Pic heavy] - Testfit (pg16)

• 268 Replies

Talev

• Awards Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Hey there, hi there, ho there.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
Looks great ;)

for weathering i say light scratches and a black / brown wash ;)

VABS : M.A. #006  24er :  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

Talev

Looks great ;)

for weathering i say light scratches and a black / brown wash ;)

Thank you!
And will do -  I have some black acryl paint left.

Thaxos

• Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
Niabi beat me to it, minor weathering and grime it up.  ;)

Nagra Shysa

• member 290
  • Awards Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
 :o Looks so cool, I told you you'll make it good!

Are you still planning to do the sunrise look?  I would love to see it ending up with the colorscheme you came up with. :)

I MISS YOU MY FRIEND!
"Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum."  - I'm still alive, but you are dead. I remember you, so you are eternal.

Talev

Thanks!
I'm not sure, how I should do the sunset.. not good enough with colours.
Don't remember who I talked to lately, but someone from JG said I should do the phoenix on the chest. Maybe that one in burning sunset colours? But still: Don't know how to reach the faded colours.

Nirob

• What doesn't kill me dies.
  • Awards 40% increase or more Order of the Ori'Ramikad Force Hunter Brigade Member Skittles is the award for the most colourful picture of Mandos. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
I can help you with that. I did a sunrise look to one of my guitars with normal spraypaint.

Talev

I can help you with that. I did a sunrise look to one of my guitars with normal spraypaint.

O.O yeeees please!

For the overall gold look, I've found a good visual reference for what I think Niabi ment. Will use a steel brush and one of those metal wire pot cleaner thingies for it.

Besides that, these two ideas crossed my mind. I'm at a creative low at this time, so I tried to recreat what I thought of first in paint.
@Nirob: Do you think the phoenix could be done with the sunrise colours? Just the bird, not that stuff around. Or with? Not sure about it.

Version 1: Clear lines, strong colours

Version 2: Phoenix in sunrise colours

Pointoforigin

• Pointy Stick Wielder
  • Mukal Warosi
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad
Looking good!

I think if you want to add the clan sigil, especially that size, it should go on the backplate not the chestplate.

Talev

Thanks for the input!
Hmm... if I do it smaller? Wanted it in the front, because I thought of adding a cape.

Pointoforigin

• Pointy Stick Wielder
  • Mukal Warosi
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad
Yes, certainly smaller would work. I'd say maybe 4" tall. In fact at that size you could do that as well as the red.

Talev

Smaller - noted.

About the red.. I'm not sure if I should do both, could be too much?

Talev

First try griming everything up.

Light's not the best, it's either too dark or the flash takes away all of the dirt. So, for comparison, more pictures.

Top: inside - without grime
Bottom: outside - with grime

knees.. shot with flash

all four parts, shot with flash

« Last Edit: Sep 27, 2013, 02:57 PM by Talev » Logged

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
nice work on the black wash and scratches ;) looks good

i think a smaller crest would look good ;)

I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

Talev

Thank you :).
Funny thing about the scratches: Those were in there before I even tried with the brush. Tried to make additional ones on the inside, but they looked to parallel.
Still trying to figure out how to achieve these.. mh.. stains? Don't know how to call it. These... generally darker areas, as if the material has been rubbed to many times (as in the reference picture).

And aye, smaller crest!

Talev

Didn't have the mind to write on with my essay, soo instead I worked some more on the armour.

Again, the light bulb creates a very strange light, flash takes some more out.

Comparison:

with flash

without flash

All further pictures without flash:

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
That is some really nice work there Vod ;) top notch job ;D

Thaxos

• Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
The weathering is looking real good, quite realistic now.

Talev

;D You've made a tired student very happy, sirs!

My boyfriend suggested to highlight the battle damage a bit more, because now it's mostly covered up. The wash stuck way better (should have known..) on the silver acrylic that was the base for the damage then on the spray paint.
Should I do so? With bright silver? Darker silver (aka mixed with black)?

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
the way i see it the damage is lower than the Undamaged parts so the grime would wipe off the undamaged bits and stick more in the recess of the damage ;)

Thaxos

What Niabi said.  :laugh:

Talev

It's as if you're always hanging behind him, staring over his shoulder.. o.O

And aye, thanks you two. So no more highlighting the damage.
Maybe I'll add a dash of red tomorrow (need only to decide to do the crest or the highlight in the front).

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
I think that both would work together ;)

Thaxos

I concur on both, as well.

It's as if you're always hanging behind him, staring over his shoulder.. o.O

That's because I am.

We're always watching...  :P

Talev

Damn you, Zippy!

But both? Wouldn't that be a bit much, especially because it would be on top of each other?

« Last Edit: Sep 27, 2013, 04:45 PM by Talev » Logged

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!