Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Tact Kor - Jetpack

• 24 Replies

Dresdon Acacin

• Do it right the first time or don't do it at all.
  • Awards Celebration Chicago 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member
Re: Tact Kor - Jetpack
« Reply #15 on: Aug 14, 2013, 08:09 PM »
For the thrusters, there are some quick disconnect hose connectors that use a sleeve and spring loaded bearings...if you can get them incorporated for you to Still aesthetically work then your set: they'd be able to pivot AND be removable.

Work while they sleep   Learn while they party   Save while they spend   Live like they dream

Tact Kor

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Deadly Alliance is the award for the most badass group pic. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #16 on: Aug 14, 2013, 10:19 PM »
Yeah, I know what you mean kinda like on a air compressor hose, it might cost a bit more to get the and Im not ure how to attaché them as the thrusters fit into the pack.

I think I will use a threaded end cap glued into the male part of the thruster with a thread inside the pack then I can just screw thm in.

Gaht Kyr'bes Clan

M.T.S. #022 - Mando Up

M.A. #089 - The first step is admitting it

Dresdon Acacin

• Do it right the first time or don't do it at all.
  • Awards Celebration Chicago 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #17 on: Aug 14, 2013, 10:26 PM »
I was thinking about that in PVC as well... You just want to make sure that when its screwed on all the way that the thrusters are on straight or at least even :x

The advantage to pivoting thrusters is you can turn them a bit so the jet pack can stand on its own in some cases...other than that you have to worry about them getting crooked on you >.<     I guess if you have other mando'ad around they can help you avoid such things from happening, but usually they can be a pain if your trooping alone or with arouriice :/

Edited for language. -Thaxos

« Last Edit: Aug 15, 2013, 12:57 PM by Thaxos » Logged
Work while they sleep   Learn while they party   Save while they spend   Live like they dream

Tact Kor

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Deadly Alliance is the award for the most badass group pic. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #18 on: Aug 26, 2013, 10:46 AM »
Alright I still haven't been able to get the Jetpack on my back but I am getting closer.

Mounting hardware installed;

Some weathering done;

Still need to attach the thrusters, beacon, and antenna, then finish sewing the harness hooks. I've got three more weeks to Mtl Con, It will be ready!

Gaht Kyr'bes Clan

M.T.S. #022 - Mando Up

Moscou

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Deadly Alliance is the award for the most badass group pic. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #19 on: Sep 02, 2013, 06:36 PM »
WOW Love IT!!!!!  :o

You will Rock with this!!  8)

Tracyn Ordo

• THE NZ Bounty Hunter
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Order of the Ori'Ramikad Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #20 on: Sep 02, 2013, 06:40 PM »
If you've got three weeks you'll get those last little bits finished off easily :)

Vhett Naast

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Best Newbie - Official Member in last 12 months with best costume Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #21 on: Sep 02, 2013, 08:17 PM »
Your rocking the paint job on this jetpack!  8)

Tact Kor

« Reply #22 on: Sep 02, 2013, 09:01 PM »
Woohoo! Finally someone noticed  ;D

I am really happy with it.

Tracyn, you'd think that three weeks is long enough but between my little league team, work, and redoing my sons room, well time is ticking but it will get done.

Gaht Kyr'bes Clan

M.T.S. #022 - Mando Up

Ser'Al-val

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #23 on: Sep 08, 2013, 02:45 PM »
se ve genial, sigue adelante.

V.R.C.A              #023
B.E.A.R.D.S        #079
M.A.D                #044
MANDO RIDER   #???

Only the blood of my enemies can appease the anger of my being

Tact Kor

« Reply #24 on: Sep 08, 2013, 07:34 PM »
Gracias  ;D

Gaht Kyr'bes Clan

M.T.S. #022 - Mando Up

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!