Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

The Mando with No Name: The Planning

• 12 Replies

RogueJedi1182

• Ya Hya Chouhada
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
The Mando with No Name: The Planning
« on: Aug 03, 2013, 04:16 AM »
so I am planning my first mando in the vain of Roland Deschain of dark tower fame.
or boba meets cad bane, neo, and Clint Eastwood

soft parts

instead of a traditional arming vest I would like to use a long coat under my armor.
tight fitting in the chest and billowy below the belt zipping up the back from the waste.

armor

a full set of galaxy armor

bucket

I would like to figure out o cool way of putting a cowboy hat like brim on a bucket large, but I can lose the brim for a visor
and range finder and camera sighting system

armaments

an e-11 like blaster in a hip holster
a sniper rifle
a back mounted sword
and a holdout blaster on boot

belt

a belt inspired by the imperial knights

other bits

tubes running down both arms to the gauntlets, right will link to weapons for "Heads up" targeting, left will hold an multi function display and controls.
tubes also run to a back pack computer and helmet

what do you think. advice? and can this pass approval.

Thanks for the time

Manda-Naak KursCabur

• Been Mando trooping since 2004.
  • Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
Re: The Mando with No Name: The Planning
« Reply #1 on: Aug 03, 2013, 08:29 AM »
You could make your brim like cad banes in some way.  I don't think it would look rediculous

Trooping since 2004 MMCC 2013 .  Owner of WoodTech Armory the best Mandalorian related 3D models out there.

gaataylir vorpan

• ori'buyce, kih'kovid
« Reply #2 on: Aug 03, 2013, 03:46 PM »
im new and just starting but it sounds relay cool.

ori'buyce, kih'kovid

klown5ive

• Do ya feel lucky? Well do ya?
  • Awards Force Hunter Brigade Member
« Reply #3 on: Aug 03, 2013, 05:07 PM »
For tips and tricks etc etc as far as doing a western themed mando. Head over to the western mando thread. Myself and a few others are currently building them. Glad to have you amongst our ranks.

Northern Blue Moon
Goes Full Tassel
Force hunter number five. Coincidence? Or not?

Pyrus Skirata

• THE EMPRAH PROTEX
« Reply #4 on: Aug 03, 2013, 05:24 PM »
Maybe instead of a long undercoat, you could wear a normal vest but with a duster over your armour, like an NCR Veteran Ranger. It's very western looking, in my opinion

-When you play the Game of Thrones, you win... or you die.
- 1st Rule of Sci-Fi: Always go for the Blue Chick

"... They are my Space Marines, and They Shall Know No Fear!"

Tracyn Ordo

• THE NZ Bounty Hunter
  • Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #5 on: Aug 03, 2013, 06:22 PM »
If you do use a long coat under the armour on your top half it will have to be tight fitting in order to keep the plates in the right place. Personally I think it would look better if you went for a sleeveless duster over top of the armour, but it's your kit.

As far as having a full on cowboy type brim on the helmet, I think it will just look silly. And consider what it's 'in universe' purpose would be. The main reason for the big brim in real life is to keep the sun out of your eyes, but for a mando the helmet already does that, rendering it somewhat pointless. You could still get a similar effect by using a visor (ala Cody) and that would have an in universe precedent.

Shammok

• Aka by unfortunate auto correct accident: Shannon
« Reply #6 on: Aug 14, 2013, 09:16 AM »
Good to see another western wip but I do have to say I already used "The mando with no name" title lol

Head over to the western mando thread an check out all of our builds

JANGO FETT
I'll accept your offer, Tyranus. On one condition...
    COUNT DOOKU
Which is?
    JANGO FETT
I want the first clone for myself, unaltered.
    COUNT DOOKU
Might I inquire as to why?
    JANGO FETT
You might...

« Reply #7 on: Aug 14, 2013, 08:40 PM »
From the Boba Fett Wiki entry

"Filming the role for Empire lasted three weeks.[24] The actor was pleased with the costume and used it to convey the character's menace.[23] Bulloch based his performance on Clint Eastwood's portrayal of the Man with No Name in A Fistful of Dollars;[24] similar to the Western character, Bulloch cradled the gun prop, made the character seem ready to shoot, slightly tilted his head, and stood a particular way.[22][25] Bulloch did not try to construct a backstory for the character, and said later that "the less you do with Boba Fett, the stronger he becomes".[20] Playing Fett in Empire was both the smallest and most physically uncomfortable role Bulloch has played;[22][26] Bulloch said donning the heavy jetpack was the worst aspect of the role.[27]"

So in essence, Boba Fett, the ultimate Mandalorian, is already the 'Man With No Name' Gunslinger, he was kind of based on that role by both Bulloch, Lucas and Daniel Keys Moran, a writer who's written quite a bit of EU Boba Fett fiction.

Shammok

« Reply #8 on: Aug 15, 2013, 12:34 AM »
From the Boba Fett Wiki entry

"Filming the role for Empire lasted three weeks.[24] The actor was pleased with the costume and used it to convey the character's menace.[23] Bulloch based his performance on Clint Eastwood's portrayal of the Man with No Name in A Fistful of Dollars;[24] similar to the Western character, Bulloch cradled the gun prop, made the character seem ready to shoot, slightly tilted his head, and stood a particular way.[22][25] Bulloch did not try to construct a backstory for the character, and said later that "the less you do with Boba Fett, the stronger he becomes".[20] Playing Fett in Empire was both the smallest and most physically uncomfortable role Bulloch has played;[22][26] Bulloch said donning the heavy jetpack was the worst aspect of the role.[27]"

So in essence, Boba Fett, the ultimate Mandalorian, is already the 'Man With No Name' Gunslinger, he was kind of based on that role by both Bulloch, Lucas and Daniel Keys Moran, a writer who's written quite a bit of EU Boba Fett fiction.

I already knew this but...
Me and my fellow vod here are both building custom western themed mandos... Ours will actually have the look of a western style gunslinging mando not just act like it... And since boba fett is well boba fetts name he technically can't be a "Mando with no name" since he clearly has name... Unlike my mando who does not have a name (yet)

:D

JANGO FETT
    COUNT DOOKU
Which is?
    JANGO FETT
    COUNT DOOKU
    JANGO FETT
You might...

« Reply #9 on: Aug 15, 2013, 04:04 AM »
What's kind of funny to me is that the Clint Eastwood character is actually named in all of his movies, only on the movie poster for The Good, The Bad and the Ugly is he referred to as having no name. He's addressed as "Manco" which is kind of like "Lefty" in Spanish.

I understand what you and the OP are doing as far as your character ideas are concerned, and I wish you luck, and the enjoyment of the journey.

« Reply #10 on: Aug 15, 2013, 04:17 AM »
If you do use a long coat under the armour on your top half it will have to be tight fitting in order to keep the plates in the right place. Personally I think it would look better if you went for a sleeveless duster over top of the armour, but it's your kit.

As far as having a full on cowboy type brim on the helmet, I think it will just look silly. And consider what it's 'in universe' purpose would be. The main reason for the big brim in real life is to keep the sun out of your eyes, but for a mando the helmet already does that, rendering it somewhat pointless. You could still get a similar effect by using a visor (ala Cody) and that would have an in universe precedent.

I'd like to point out Cad Bane, although not a mando, he def has a "cowboy"-ish style hate that is in-universe.

Shammok

« Reply #11 on: Aug 15, 2013, 04:53 PM »
What's kind of funny to me is that the Clint Eastwood character is actually named in all of his movies, only on the movie poster for The Good, The Bad and the Ugly is he referred to as having no name. He's addressed as "Manco" which is kind of like "Lefty" in Spanish.

I understand what you and the OP are doing as far as your character ideas are concerned, and I wish you luck, and the enjoyment of the journey.

Oh yeah vod I know I'm a die hard Clint fan!

I was just messing around haha it's not that serious at all I think it would be cool to have a whole group of "Mando with no name" western mando assassins

JANGO FETT
    COUNT DOOKU
Which is?
    JANGO FETT
    COUNT DOOKU
    JANGO FETT
You might...

klown5ive

• Do ya feel lucky? Well do ya?
  • Awards Force Hunter Brigade Member
« Reply #12 on: Aug 15, 2013, 05:30 PM »
Pff!  Not me. We could all have a different name. Maybe to be original. I mean it seems like a better idea right?

Northern Blue Moon
Goes Full Tassel
Force hunter number five. Coincidence? Or not?

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!