Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Novoc's custom Pre Viszla Season 4/5 buy'ce

• 26 Replies

Novoc Mereel

• Back with a vengeance! He/Him
Re: Novoc's custom Pre Viszla Season 4/5 buy'ce
« Reply #15 on: Jan 11, 2019, 01:58 PM »
Holy necromancy batdude! Glad to see you back at it!

I tend to skew more towards bards and rogues, but necromancers are cool too! ;)

Bowfanny

• GENERAL SHINANIGATOR
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #16 on: Jan 11, 2019, 05:02 PM »
I tend to skew more towards bards and rogues, but necromancers are cool too! ;)
Mandos are kind of roguishly bardish.
Havenít seen much of a following for Phase II Vizsla helmets as of the last year or so. Iíll follow your build with some interest as I happen to be building a new master for mould purposes and am even close to finishing.

The Unknown Mando

• Formerly 'brett'
« Reply #17 on: Jan 11, 2019, 06:04 PM »
Looking good vod, any ideas changed since you started?

Novoc Mereel

« Reply #18 on: Jan 12, 2019, 01:16 AM »
Mandos are kind of roguishly bardish.
Havenít seen much of a following for Phase II Vizsla helmets as of the last year or so. Iíll follow your build with some interest as I happen to be building a new master for mould purposes and am even close to finishing.

Can't wait to see it! This one is from the original Skirata Arms (now HeadShot Props) run back in the day. It's got a handful of imperfections, but really is a very solid and wonderful bucket.

Looking good vod, any ideas changed since you started?

Other than squaring off the mandibles and some paint touchups, not really. I'm working to pad the inside and will probably get around to a fan, because the interior is pretty roomy. My kit's color scheme will remain the same, though.

UPDATE TO AVOID DOUBLE POSTING:

Got some more padding to keep it secure on my head. Might still add a bit in the cheeks, but undecided currently. Also got my visor clips came in the mail and while they were a little difficult to install (mostly because I superglued my fingers together) I think they really clean up the interior.

Annnnnd with the visor installed!

« Last Edit: Jan 12, 2019, 02:13 PM by Novoc Mereel » Logged

Bowfanny

• GENERAL SHINANIGATOR
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #19 on: Jan 12, 2019, 04:08 PM »
Very nice!

Darasuum Prudii

• We gladly feast on those who would subdue us.
« Reply #20 on: Jan 15, 2019, 05:07 PM »
Very nice lookingwork vod!!! Very happy to see how that bucket is coming along. Like how how you beefed up the visor mandibles, looks great!!!

Novoc Mereel

« Reply #21 on: Jan 16, 2019, 01:04 AM »
Very nice lookingwork vod!!! Very happy to see how that bucket is coming along. Like how how you beefed up the visor mandibles, looks great!!!

Thanks! Without doing so, reinstalling my visor would've been a lot harder than it was. I still need to touch up the paint on the mandibles, but I'm really satisfied with how the Aves helped me shape them.

Dio Broxis

• Formerly 'Loy'
  • Rwargarble!
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #22 on: Jan 27, 2019, 10:53 PM »
Very nice dude! I wish I could get that "blaster hit" look.  I'm still no good with burn marks, lol

MMCC # 1299
IT Mando Society # 16
Mando Riders #24

Novoc Mereel

« Reply #23 on: Jan 28, 2019, 12:00 AM »
Very nice dude! I wish I could get that "blaster hit" look.  I'm still no good with burn marks, lol

Thanks! Honestly it was just a matter of masking a little bit and then I went really heavy on the blackwash on the edges, roughing it up with a little sandpaper to really give that "carbon scoring" look. I'm actually really proud of how the big bolt hit turned out.

Padawan

• Kapr vakare cuyir vurel o'r gar riye
« Reply #24 on: Jan 29, 2019, 05:12 PM »
I absolutely LOVE the Viszla MKII style helmet, and I love how it is looking so far!

Does HeadShot Props still sell the helmet?

-Sofia C

Because I love the adrenaline in my veins, I do whatever it takes

Bowfanny

• GENERAL SHINANIGATOR
« Reply #25 on: Jan 29, 2019, 05:41 PM »
I believe Eternal armories has that mould now. And theyíre currently not taking orders.

Novoc Mereel

« Reply #26 on: Feb 01, 2019, 01:53 AM »
I absolutely LOVE the Viszla MKII style helmet, and I love how it is looking so far!

Does HeadShot Props still sell the helmet?

From what I've read, bowfanny is correct as best I can tell. It sitting on my shelf half-finished for so many years finally shamed me into giving it a nice suit of beskar to go underneath it. I'm really grateful I was able to get in on the first run.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!